Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build won't boot

Options
  • 13-12-2020 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

So as title says,

New build gigabyte B550 aorus pro v2 motherboard
    Ryzen 7 5800X CPU
    TridentZ neo DDR4-3600 16GBx2 CL16-19-19-39 1.35v RAM
    Inno3D 1080 graphics card from previous build

I used Q flash to update bios without Anything installed to be sure the CPU was supported, it looked like it went as it should going by YouTube videos.
    There is four diodes on the board CPU, RAM, VGA and BOOT.
    When I turn on the power supply the RGB on the ram lights (looks lovely ðŸ˜)

When I Start CPU diode blinks quickly then moves to RAM diode which stays ON maybe 10sec before moving to VGA which stays on a few seconds before the system seems to cycle and repeat.
    So im thinking I need to get a hold of another stick of ram to see if I can get into the Bios.
    I am upgrading from DDR3 so I have no others.
    I cannot find my ram on the memory support page of this motherboard but its supposed to be optimized for AMD ryzen.
    Any suggestions from you clever people is very welcome as its been a long time since I built my last PC

Thanks in advance D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Before you try anything else, do a CMOS clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

try it with one stick of ram..make sure the ram is in the second memory slot,if it is still in a loop my next thing would be to do a cmos clear and try again.
    I came the exact same problem when flashing a x570 tomahawk using bios flashback...it looked like it was working but it looped as well..turns out the board did not like my branded 16gb fat 32 usb that had the bios on it and i had to reflash with a older usb 2.0 key.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I tried Cmos clear a few times,
    I also tried two different bios, the newest and the one previous. I used an old 128MB usb drive to flash and it seemed to work as it should both times.
    I'll try borrow some other ram and see where that goes
    Thanks for your suggestions keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Just to update, I bought an Asus tuf gaming X570-plus motherboard and it worked out of the box with my new CPU and RAM. I am sending the Gigabyte board back for refund.

rgds D.

Advertisement