Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a warning

Options
  • 14-12-2020 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭

I recently received a warning for use of the word cabbage.

I was told to appeal it here by ShamoBuc.

There are 138 other examples of how this term has been used on the forum. From looking back, none of the last 5 examples received a warning for the term.

I feel like I have been treated unfairly by the mod in this matter, as I have been treated differently than others before me.

I might add that in context my use of the word is far less severe than the most recent 5 examples also.

Can I get a CMOD to review this please as I feel this warning is over the top, and without precedent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Any update on this?

The warning has lead to a ban so I'm hoping to have it reviewed because I feel I have been harshly treated for using a term that has been used many times without repercussion.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have you PMed the mod in question? Can you share those PMs with me?

awec wrote: »
    Have you PMed the mod in question? Can you share those PMs with me?

I have PM'd the mod in question:ShamoBuc.

I will forward these on to you now.,

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi Quazzie,

We had a discussion and we've agreed we'll rescind the yellow and lift this ban.

However, cabbage is a form of abuse, and while we may have missed usage of it in the past, action will be taken going forward if it comes to our attention.

Cheers!
    awec

awec wrote: »
    Hi Quazzie,

We had a discussion and we've agreed we'll rescind the yellow and lift this ban.

However, cabbage is a form of abuse, and while we may have missed usage of it in the past, action will be taken going forward if it comes to our attention.

Cheers!
    awec

awec.

Thanks for taking the time to go through this. It's much appreciated.

I'll take into consideration the use of that particular word, and similar in the future.

Quazzie

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks all

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement