Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Lady with the Dogs in the Pram

• 14-12-2020 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have those photos to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Was she selling chooooochlate?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

YFlyer wrote: »
    Does anyone have those photos to share?

Do a quick Google image search for Dodo Reddan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Was she selling chooooochlate?

Yeah I think in Markets Field. Was there when we won the League and Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Do a quick Google image search for Dodo Reddan.

Lovely article about her here.
    https://www.ilovelimerick.ie/dodo-reddan/

I remember her well - usually in William Street! One of Limerick's great characters.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Lovely article about her here.
    https://www.ilovelimerick.ie/dodo-reddan/

I remember her well - usually in William Street! One of Limerick's great characters.

I don't want to speak ill of the dead OP but I can promise you you wouldn't be calling that "a lovely article" if you had the misfortune to live on the same street with her as a neighbour like I did.

The article says, I quote, it wasn't "realised until after her death in 1995, when it was found that she had been running what was essentially a one-woman Animal Rescue Centre".

Well, just to clarify for you, her neighbours realised it for years before her death. Except it wasn't an "animal rescue centre", it was 24 stray dogs in a one bedroom flat.

And she wasn't "usually" in William Street either, she was a lot more "usually" screaming foul mouthed abuse at neighbours who didn't like a pack of stray dogs aggressively chasing children off their toys when playing outside their own homes.

• Advertisement

I don't want to speak ill of the dead OP but I can promise you you wouldn't be calling that "a lovely article" if you had the misfortune to live on the same street with her as a neighbour like I did.

The article says, I quote, it wasn't "realised until after her death in 1995, when it was found that she had been running what was essentially a one-woman Animal Rescue Centre".

Well, just to clarify for you, her neighbours realised it for years before her death. Except it wasn't an "animal rescue centre", it was 24 stray dogs in a one bedroom flat.

And she wasn't "usually" in William Street either, she was a lot more "usually" screaming foul mouthed abuse at neighbours who didn't like a pack of stray dogs aggressively chasing children off their toys when playing outside their own homes.

Lovely woman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Agreed and she would roar abuse at us as kids playing in the street too!
    The dogs were in terrible condition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This week, on ‘Rose-Tinted meets Reality’...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I don't care what ye say I will not have a bad word said about Annie Fitz......

Yurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Ah the infamous Dodo Reddan. From what I can remember - at any general election she had FF rosettes/posters on the pram. She loved her dogs and she was a lovely lady.

Apparently she was married to a man from Kerry - but rumour has it the marriage did not last.

Also after her death - it is alleged - where she resided had to be fumagated due to her love of dogs. Dodo was a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

She's getting a mural now and everyone on social media gushing over her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A "character", Irish euphemism for someone with mental issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Sure if you're rich then you're eccentric, the rest of us are just crazy:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

A Limerick’Legend’ or ‘character’ immediately raises suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

why all the hate ... I thought we were supposed to try and move on from that

granted it doesnt sound like she was a great neighbour but for the rest of us she was a colourful character around Limerick City and there was some shock in the Leinster Clubs when she travelled with Young Munster during the halcien days of the AIL.

A regular too at Thomond Park on Senior Cup days

Next you'll be after Francis Coleman for promoting obesity.

Relax lads, shes dead 20+ years, times were very different back then, and the mural is adding a badly needed but of colour to a drab part of Limerick City

Wow just wow.

Wow just wow.

Well, do you want to highlight what exactly you think is wrong in the post? Because I'll be happy to explain why working families paying 30 year mortgages moved house when your one was put in next door to them. You can laugh all you want about it but it wasn't any fukcin' picnic when you were the one with 24 unlicensed, untrained, and unvaccinated feral dogs chasing your children every time you went to the corner shop for a pint of milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Wow just wow.
    Took you Seven Months to come up with that....???

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Took you Seven Months to come up with that....???

Only seen it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I'd be looking at updating my Broadband Provider ;)

Advertisement