Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Sports

Options
  • 14-12-2020 3:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would appreciate if someone would have a look at this for me when you get the chance please, thank you.

I have attempted to discuss it with said moderator but to no avail.

I received a ban for the following;

Moderator Note

Negative remarks about members which appears as baiting, trolling, disruption. Please be more respectful to other members.

A post by 'X' poster; 'Embarrassed for you.'

To which I replied; 'If that's all I have to be embarrassed about compared to some posters on this forum today then I'll have had a good day to be fair.'

So it's OK for a poster to quote me directly & tell me that they're embarrassed for me, yet I can't mention that there was embarrassing behaviour in the thread? Where's the consistency?

I'll add the reason the poster was embarrassed for me because I mixed up the name of a referee, not really a big deal but sure. The post was him going out of his way to do so & it was was aimed directly at me.

Yet the behaviour I called embarrassing in reply to him was people trying to disrupt the thread, as a general comment, so no skin off my back really whatever about it.

There were poster/s acting up in the thread this evening & other posters had called them out for it, it was disrupting it completely. This behaviour is what I was referring to when I mentioned the word embarrassing.

I didn't mention any poster directly, I didn't attack any poster, I didn't name-call, etc... I didn't go out of my way to rise others, I only responded to an issue at hand.

Also while we're here I'd like to address an issue I seem to be having with the moderator (DM_7) in question, or rather the issue he seems to have with me. I have two examples.

He went out of his way to private message me to ask me to stop posting positive things about Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Why? Because I support Liverpool so this must mean that I don't mean what I'm saying? I'm sorry but if this is the precedent that a moderator is setting in the soccer forum then we're in big trouble.

What happened to freedom of speech? I have my own opinion on OGS which I believe in, but because DM_7 doesn't believe I'm being genuine he feels that he's allowed to ask me to stop. I have no history of ever saying anything negative regarding said manager & make valid points in my posts regarding the reasons I believe in him.

What rule did I break here for him to be able to ask me to do that?

Also, the same moderator private messaged me before and asked me to stop posting players names in elongated form after they'd scored.

What?? :confused:

This was a thing in the forum for a long, long time. Yet when I started to do it, all of a sudden there was an issue & I was asked to stop.

Again, no rules broken here, just the moderator deciding he didn't like something because all of a sodden it was getting under the skin of himself & under the skin of supporters of his own club, yet it was never an issue before! ?

I think I've made my point without having to say the following, but I'll say it anyway.

DM_7 is a United supporter. I am a Liverpool supporter.

In all 3 examples mentioned above there is a United element involved in each, the embarrassing behaviour, OGS & of course the use of elongated names being used before I started using it too.

Surely DM_7 can't be letting a rivalry get in the way of moderating the forum in a fair & correct manner. There seems to be an element of protect your own & not the rest here.

My apologies for the lengthy post & thank you in advance for taking the time to read it.

DVDM93.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

To be clear this thread is to dispute your ban, not the moderation of the forum.

Did you PM the mod in question? Can you share those PMs with me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

awec wrote: »
    To be clear this thread is to dispute your ban, not the moderation of the forum.

Did you PM the mod in question? Can you share those PMs with me?

Hi awec, thank your for the reply.

Yes I am aware of that.

Yes I have PM'd the mod in question but to no avail.

There are 8 lengthy PMs between us in total trying to resolve the issue. I have summarised the issue above.

My messages to the moderator are what I have outlined above but said moderator advises he/she will not overturn the ban.

Do I need to forward all of these PMs to you privately?

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Hi awec, thank your for the reply.

Yes I am aware of that.

Yes I have PM'd the mod in question but to no avail.

There are 8 PMs between us in total trying to resolve the issue. I have summarised the issue above.

My messages to the moderator are what I have outlined above but said moderator advises he/she will not overturn the ban.

Do I need to forward all of these PMs to you privately?

You can either forward me the PM thread (sending the latest PM should contain all previous replies), or you can just paste it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

awec wrote: »
    You can either forward me the PM thread (sending the latest PM should contain all previous replies), or you can just paste it here.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Hi,

I am upholding this yellow, and therefore the ban stands.

You made more than one post that was both baiting and disrupting the thread. Your record in soccer is also pretty poor, to be honest. You have been given ample opportunity by the mods to improve your posting style, and they have even reached out in PM to make you aware that you were teetering close to this ban.

You may appeal to admin if you feel this is unfair.

Thanks,
    awec.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No response in over 6 weeks

Marking resolved

Advertisement