Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools thread in Covid forum

Options
  • 14-12-2020 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I don't understand the selective moderation. I was directly referred to as a "dolt" last week without any kind of sanction, now another poster, sharing a study from the Lancet, is being lambasted because I have thanked one of their posts. Previously I was carded for telling someone they were clutching their pearls, but someone calls me a nasty name faces no repercussion whatsoever?? The topic needs to be discussed, but the thread is toxic due to about 5 posters being allowed to get away with murder since the beginning. I haven't had one response to any of the posts I've reported. Some of the comments belong in the conspiracy theory forum they're so far- fetched. No fact checking. Anyone who has a different opinion to these posters, even if it's backed up with scientific evidence, gets ganged up on.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not site-wide Feedback - moved to Help Desk which deals with issues like this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have searched that "dolt" term in the thread and the post in question was very clearly yellowed

I have not had a chance to look at your comments about recent posts, but will have a look at any posts you have reported. Please note we do not always react quickly to reports. I've been travelling all day due to a medical appointment and have not had a chance to look at posts reported today, and it's possible that other mods have not looked at them either

In terms of "getting away with murder from the beginning", I've not spent any time in that thread recently (again due to medical issues), but I did spend a lot of time moderating the original thread and up to the early days of the current one. I would certainly dismiss any claims of anyone getting away with murder during those times. Indeed my recollection was there was a very clear divide in views, but we were getting complaints from both sides and indeed handing out sanctions to both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

It may have been yellowed but this is the first time I’ve seen it. I doubt the poster themselves have seen it, and I can’t see any mod note.

I appreciate that you have been unavailable but there are other mods and the thread needs moderation. I have been reporting posts for days and nothing has happened. The attitude of some in the thread is now so toxic that no one who disagrees with them should even be allowed an opinion.

The first mod who got to the report yellowed it. The yellow card is clearly visible to all

Advertisement