Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID Electrical - no update on order, no one responding to mails, no one answering pho

Options
  • 14-12-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

I thought it would be good to support Irish this year,

So I ordered my parents Xmas gift on DID Electrical two weeks ago.
    I have not received an email with an update on delivery, I have sent an email twice - no one has responded.

I have called 4-5 times, and no one has answered.

Next step is to call into one of the stores, but I can't imagine they will know any better. They are just a branch.

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, how did you resolve?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭gipi

I ordered an item on 21 November, got an email to say it would be 10 days before it was available for collection.

After 3 weeks I heard nothing, so phoned. I did get through (it sounds like their customer services are working from home), but there was no update. I was promised an update the following day....needless to say, I didn't get one.

I phoned again last Friday and was told that they didn't know when they might have my order as it's 'a special' (there was nothing to indicate that when I bought). I cancelled the order and bought elsewhere.

I haven't had any confirmation of my cancelled order either, but I paid with PayPal so I have some comeback.

Like you, I wanted to support Irish, and while I did get through to CS, I didn't like the fact that the company are selling stuff they don't actually have in stock and aren't advising customers of that fact.

Best of luck with your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They're very responsive on Twitter. Also had a negative experience this year. Was then told a refund would be 5-10 working days. Their Twitter people were able to get my refund processed straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

gipi wrote: »
    Like you, I wanted to support Irish, and while I did get through to CS, I didn't like the fact that the company are selling stuff they don't actually have in stock and aren't advising customers of that fact.

Happened to me two years ago, I ordered a TV and bracket online from DID, no indication of any issues when ordering. But they didn't have any stock of the bracket (and shortly after removed it from their site entirely) and after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing they had to refund me for the bracket and I got it from Amazon.

Annoying and meant I couldn't use the new TV for a couple of weeks (didn't want to just have it resting on the built-in stand with small kids in the house.)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

I ordered in november and get regular emails to say that it will be delivered. I have requested a refund 3 times not and emails are ignored. I have asked my bank to request a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

gipi wrote: »
    I ordered an item on 21 November, got an email to say it would be 10 days before it was available for collection.

After 3 weeks I heard nothing, so phoned. I did get through (it sounds like their customer services are working from home), but there was no update. I was promised an update the following day....needless to say, I didn't get one.

I phoned again last Friday and was told that they didn't know when they might have my order as it's 'a special' (there was nothing to indicate that when I bought). I cancelled the order and bought elsewhere.

I haven't had any confirmation of my cancelled order either, but I paid with PayPal so I have some comeback.

Best of luck with your order.

I could have written this post word for word back in November.... never told me when it arrived only I called in

Kept telling me it would be in Wednesday, no update (so I called them) in Friday, no update (again I called them), in Monday, no update (called again), in Wednesday.... repeat repeat for nearly 3 weeks

Brutal to be honest. Slightly cheaper than Harvey Norman but not worth my sanity next time

• Advertisement
Advertisement