Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi printer -Refillable cartridges?

Options
  • 14-12-2020 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi are any of.the modern printers refillable with cheap ink?

Any particular brand? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Google "continuous ink supply system"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

ED E wrote: »
    Google "continuous ink supply system"

Sounds like a Windup

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have a look at the epson eco tank range..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭beachhead

Cheap inks are exactly that.Not the same definition as manufactured colours.Colours won't be true-faded or just off.Better to look for a website that sells branded inks at lower prices.Try the office supplies companies.

What's the advantage there? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Henryq. wrote: »
    What's the advantage there? Thanks

It's supposed to save you a packet on ink, I've the ET-7750 about 6mts or so, going well and produces good photo prints, you wouldn't need that model if it's for only general home use one of the entry ones should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

does it continue to print with one tank empty

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

irishgeo wrote: »
    does it continue to print with one tank empty

€30 buys you a lifetime of a colour. It'll never be empty. Many thousands of times cheaper than cartridge ink.

ED E wrote: »
    €30 buys you a lifetime of a colour. It'll never be empty. Many thousands of times cheaper than cartridge ink.

Does €30 buy a lifetime of black ink?

I don't need colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,421 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Been getting cheap refills for years, be grand, they give a bit of trouble now and again, generally easily fixable though, but the cartridges die a death eventually after a few refills, significantly cheaper than new also.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Been getting cheap refills for years, be grand, they give a bit of trouble now and again, generally easily fixable though, but the cartridges die a death eventually after a few refills, significantly cheaper than new also.

Where do you buy them?

Do they work with new printers

Henryq. wrote:
    Where do you buy them?

Ah just a local shop does them, I'd imagine there's many around the country, I'm in the south east, if that's anywhere near you?
    Henryq. wrote:
    Do they work with new printers

Yup, he keeps up to date, very knowledgeable guy, but I'd imagine there's limitations, his refills are perfectly fine for everyday use, there could be issues though, if you require high quality. He charges roughly 10-15 per refill

https://www.inkjet.ie/

ive had issues with some of their refills, but might help. i use a cheap cannon, tis grand

Advertisement