Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Annacotty - Glenside or Bloomfield

• 14-12-2020 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi.

My partner and I are in the process of buying a house and are pretty much settled on the area around Glenside and Bloomfield in Annacotty.

Would love to hear from anyone living around there and how you find the area/either of these estates.

Are they mainly owner occupied?
    Is it generally safe/any trouble in the area?
    Good area for kids?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

Both nice areas.... easy access to shops, close to college and plenty schools, with 2 primary and Castletroy college. So it can get quite busy at school drop off/pick up time. Mainly owner occupied I would say and quite safe.

The field opposite Bloomfield will be full of houses at the end of next year I would say.. so it will get busier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Of the two you mention OP, Glenside is definitely the best option for a Family. Bloomfield is mainly rented or owned by singles/young couples/house-shares.
    Glenside would have a lot more young Children about and there is a lot more space for them to play outside.

Advertisement