Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Bank Account Online

• 14-12-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

currently bank with AIB

but looking to open a diff account just to save on a weekly basis , ie i transfer funds every week , must have internet banking also

any idea's ?

i don't need any mad super returns on the money etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Rates are currently very low almost everywhere..

Have you considered simply opening another account with AIB? AIB offer regular saver accounts in addition to instant access accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

As per above, simply open a regular savings or a deposit account through you Internet banking. It's free and easy. And with the deposit account, you can simply move the money instantly to/from your current account.

Opening an account with any other bank will involve KYC, so involves having copies of recent utility bills with your name & address as well as passport/drivers licence. Also, unless you are going with revolut (not to be used for savings, as no deposit guarantee) or N26, expect to pay current account fees with the other bank, even though you will barely touch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You could open a Monese or Revolut account, very quick and easy to open an account compared to AIB/BOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

JTMan wrote: »
    Rates are currently very low almost everywhere..

Have you considered simply opening another account with AIB? AIB offer regular saver accounts in addition to instant access accounts.

i have , but i wan't a completely diff bank , i want to cut off from AIB

and just transfer money everyweek etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

You could open a Monese or Revolut account, very quick and easy to open an account compared to AIB/BOI

Neither of these are bank accounts, let alone savings accounts. Other than spare change, no money should be left in these payment apps.

Op, if you are looking to move away from AIB, why not move your current account as well? I find it strange that you would open a savings account elsewhere, but not move your current a/c.

If you could give a bit of background as to what you are trying to do and why, we might be able to better help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭glen123

I recently opened KBC account. All done online, got a call to go through a few qs, emailed some docs. Done.

Free banking if you put 2k through the account every month (money don't have to stay in the account to qualify for no fees)

Another free option is EBS, but you d probably need to attend the branch in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

glen123 wrote: »
    I recently opened KBC account. All done online, got a call to go through a few qs, emailed some docs. Done.

Free banking if you put 2k through the account every month (money don't have to stay in the account to qualify for no fees)

Another free option is EBS, but you d probably need to attend the branch in person.

Was thinking KBC

Whats the internet banking like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭glen123

Was thinking KBC

Whats the internet banking like ?

I've only used the app version of it so far (not the desktop version) and for what I use it (to check the balance and do an occasional bank transfer) it's perfectly fine.

I find it easier to transfer money I know I'll be using during the month to Revolut or N26 and use them two for my daily transactions and even international bank transfers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

dotsman wrote: »
    Neither of these are bank accounts, let alone savings accounts. Other than spare change, no money should be left in these payment apps.

Op, if you are looking to move away from AIB, why not move your current account as well? I find it strange that you would open a savings account elsewhere, but not move your current a/c.

If you could give a bit of background as to what you are trying to do and why, we might be able to better help!

Payment app?

N26 has a German banking license and Revolut are in the mide of applying to the CBI.

Nonsense advice in here has no boundaries

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Payment app?

N26 has a German banking license and Revolut are in the mide of applying to the CBI.

Nonsense advice in here has no boundaries

In in fairness you've missed that the quote was about Monese and Revolut, not N26

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Spocker wrote: »
    In in fairness you've missed that the quote was about Monese and Revolut, not N26

Revolute has a Lithuanian banking licence does it not and is in the process of applying for its CBi one?

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Revolute has a Lithuanian banking licence does it not and is in the process of applying for its CBi one?

Yes, it does have a Lithuanian licence, as well as their existing UK one, but both of those are only e-money licences, not bank licences. Just because they can issue IBANs from an EU entity does not mean they are covered under the Deposit Guarantee Scheme

N26 do indeed have a banking licence, issued in Germany, and funds are covered under DGS

Advertisement