Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning an Xbox game to Smyths.

Options
  • 14-12-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

I bought cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox. Apparently it's a pile of crap on the standard Xbox.

I haven't opened it yet. Can I return? Their FAQ seems to say software can't. I've nevee bought from them before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The FAQ does say that they don't accept software/video game returns, and it's probably because of the usual trick where someone swaps out the disc for a broken or faked one.

All you can do is ask. Legally I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on unless you can argue that the game is buggy to the point of being unplayable. But just being a bad game or being a bit glitchy wouldn't be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

This is interesting considering the devs have said they'll accept refunds on console. I would say try anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

Looks like CD Project are now offering refunds on the PS$ and XBox One versions

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-14-cd-projekt-apologises-for-not-showing-cyberpunk-2077-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Yeah well from what I see practically unplayable. I bought it online and assume it's sealed. I'll bring it to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Xcellor wrote: »
    Yeah well from what I see practically unplayable. I bought it online and assume it's sealed. I'll bring it to shop.

distance selling should cover you so then

• Advertisement
Advertisement