Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Affairs Red Card

Options
  • 14-12-2020 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

i received a red card for this
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115607592&postcount=325

From (amicably!) speaking with Necro s/he believes that I was baiting other posters and advised that I open a DRP to discuss further.

However, I was not baiting, I didnt address any poster or quote any poster, I was simply posting my disgust at the direction this (and the other Muslim bashing thread) have taken and at the quality of "debate" by several posters, the same ones on both threads.
    Namely childish, back slapping posts that also attack other posters.

Immediately after my posts I unfollowed the thread and have left it behind me.

Can I please have a review of the infraction, taking my post in the context of the other posters and also my own posting record in that thread.

Cheers,
    GreeBo.

/edit to add this post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115615501&postcount=332
    as an example of how I feel a red card for my post is unfair since this direct attack only picked up a yellow.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've alerted the CMods to this appeal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi GreeBo,

I can examine this for you. Please either post your PM exchange with Necro here or forward the PM's to me.

Thanks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey,

I just FWD you the last pm that contains the pm exchanges, let me know if it's not clear and I can FWD them individually!

Cheers,
    GreeBo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks GreeBo. Bear with me.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Hi GreeBo,

I have had a chance to look into this for you.

This is the post for which you were infracted:
    GreeBo wrote: »
    The quality of posting from numerous posters on here has gone so childish as to render any reply a waste of my time.
    You should be capable of maintaining an adult conversation with people who disagree with your opinions.

Throw in some infantile memes/responses regarding terrorism and there is just no point in me continuing with this thread.

Thanks to those who kept it civil and made it an interesting debate.

/unfollow

I agree with Necro in that this is patently an attempt at baiting other posters before announcing that you're unfollowing the thread. There is clearly a condescending and unconstructive tone to this post. I think it can be argued that you're attempting to wind up posters with your last post on the thread.

For these reasons, I am upholding the infraction.

Please let me know if you'd like to appeal to an admin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hey,
    Yes I'd like an admin review please, if I wanted to wind up other posters I would have copied their personal abuse tactic and kept posting on the thread.

I'd probably not have even bothered with a drp for a yellow, but for a red card and in the context of other unmoderated posts (such as the one I quoted in the OP) I'd like another review.

Cheers

No worries. I'll request one now.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi GreeBo, I will review this. Apologies this was overlooked over Christmas and has only been caught now.

I don't think you can defend the post by saying it is not aimed at individuals when it clearly is aimed at the people in that thread who were disagreeing with you. By implication, you have specified who it was aimed at.

It also seems the clear impetus behind the post was to wind those people up by both charging them with immaturity while also ostensibly washing your hands of any further discussion by announcing that you were unfollowing/leaving the thread.

Unfortunately, I find it impossible to disagree with the moderator's assessment here and I am upholding the card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement