Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acid attack in Dublin takeaway; woman arrested *Mod Warning in OP*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Kivaro wrote: »
    Examining these percentages, where 59.8% of the London population is classified as white, and you have 2.3% classified as black (based on the 2011 census), then the proportions seemed skewed.
    The point still stands, though it's 13.3% black, another 2.3% black and of mixed race (theone I'm assuming you spotted) and another 1.5% "other" of which people who fit under 'black' to some extent probably make up a chunk of too.

Just chiming in since London being 2.3% black just didn't add up!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

To throw acid at someone is to hope to disfigure them for life.
    The punishment for that can only be life in prison or minimum 10 years.
    Or if they are young the juvenile imprisonment until they are old enough for real prison.

There must be a signal from the justice system so if you even consider throwing acid at someone you think "is it worth my life in prison?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The point still stands, though it's 13.3% black, another 2.3% black and of mixed race (theone I'm assuming you spotted) and another 1.5% "other" of which people who fit under 'black' to some extent probably make up a chunk of too.

Just chiming in since London being 2.3% black just didn't add up!

It actually didn't add up for me either, as I thought it was very low, but it was the number that kept popping up the first (and most) in the search results when I looked this morning. The 2011 census was the only source actually providing verifiable numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Triads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

Yup, exactly. That’s what makes them so horrific. Imagine how rotten the soul is of a person who would plan an attack like this? If I ever realised I was that vindictive, I’d want somebody to drag a sharp implement across my throat and put me out of my misery.

100%.

Desperation knows no bounds.

Its a vile attack but it's worse now considering the times we find ourselves in dealing with a pandemic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement