Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Front Door out in Castlefield/Charnwood style house in Clonsilla D15

• 14-12-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this is the incorrect forum, but I was wondering if anyone has moved their front door out into the porch area to get more hallway space? Our porch is flush with the front of the house but the front door is recessed back in and we would like to move the front door out to be flush with the rest of the house.

Our house is one of the castlefield/charnwood style houses in clonsilla so we have a relatively large front porch.

We are looking to replace front door and windows throughout and would be a good opportunity to do it all now if it was worth it/was it too expensive/thermal bridging/insulation/energy conservation issues etc?

Any recommendations or pros/cons of doing this, was it expensive? or any recommendations for upvc windows/composite/palladio doors in general? I know I can google suppliers but would rather have recommendations as this (home renovations) is new to us and we are not from Dublin.

thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭ladystardust

Hi, following for the same reason. I am half of a mind to knock on doors and ask but I wouldn't do that with covid around etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

I think the houses would loose a lot of their charm if they lost the yellow brick to the sides of the front door...

But if I was doing it - I would do it in away we could reclaim the square cutout in the corner of the living room so we could get corner sofas...

“Roll it back”

Advertisement