Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance Question

• 14-12-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to get a quote for my home insurance, I have filled in 4 online quote forms with different companies, but they all declined to insure me. reason flood risk.

I live fairly close to the River Liffey and 20 years paying insurance without any claims.

Has anybody else had any similar problems? This was never an issue before they introduced eircode.

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to get a quote for my home insurance, I have filled in 4 online quote forms with different companies, but they all declined to insure me. reason flood risk.

I live fairly close to the River Liffey and 20 years paying insurance without any claims.

Has anybody else had any similar problems? This was never an issue before they introduced eircode.

Joe

Can you leave the eircode blank on the online forms? A few years back My wife gave 123.ie out eir code when following up on an online quote it increased the quote by €200. I believe Axa are quite good for home insurance quotes at the moment but you are better ringing them than going online. You current insurer is also obliged to give you a renewal quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Can you leave the eircode blank on the online forms? A few years back My wife gave 123.ie out eir code when following up on an online quote it increased the quote by €200. I believe Axa are quite good for home insurance quotes at the moment but you are better ringing them than going online. You current insurer is also obliged to give you a renewal quote.

Insurers are not obliged to give you a household quotation, whether you are with them or not. The requirement for an insurer to offer cover to existing clients only applies to compulsory classes of insurance and motor is the only such one in Ireland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Cape Clear wrote: »

You might as well have no insurance then, because it would be invalid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Jim2007 wrote: »

No reason why it would be invalid if the full address is given. An Post isn't using Eircodes as it stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Jim2007 wrote: »

Why? If they don't insist on you filling in your Eircode on the proposal form then there is no false declaration.

Every house in the country has an Eircode so if they're prepared to quote you without an Eircode, that's their decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement