If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha CRXN470D or RN303D

Options
  • 14-12-2020 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd check in again to see if you have the CRXN470D back in stock or at least an ETA for it. 

While doing a bit more research, I also came across the RN303D. I think functionality-wise the two are very similar, with the exception of the CD player in the 470. As it happens, we're not really expecting to use the CD player at all, so this particular feature of the 470 would largely be unused. 

With that in mind, are there any other significant differences between the 470 and the RN303D? Would you recommend one over the other for any other reason than the CD player? 

I notice the price of these two units is almost the same, while the RN303D lacks the CD player, so I would expect it has another feature to "fill the gap" compared to the 470 - do you know what this feature is? 

Do you have the RN303D black in stock, or an ETA for it to be back? 

Finally, if you do have the RN303D in stock, would you be able to make up a bundle with the Dali Spektor 2 speakers priced similarly as the CRXN470D you used to have when it was in stock? 

The features I would like to have in the system are: 
    • MusicCast
    • Airplay (and if possible, Airplay 2)
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio
    • Integration / support for streaming services: currently use Spotify, but may migrate to Apple Music
    • stereo is fine (we don't need surround sound)
    • ability to, at a later stage, add a subwoofer to the system - I understand Yamaha offer a wireless sub which I expect would be compatible? 

Does that sound like the RN303D? 

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

frozengeek wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd check in again to see if you have the CRXN470D back in stock or at least an ETA for it. 

While doing a bit more research, I also came across the RN303D. I think functionality-wise the two are very similar, with the exception of the CD player in the 470. As it happens, we're not really expecting to use the CD player at all, so this particular feature of the 470 would largely be unused. 

With that in mind, are there any other significant differences between the 470 and the RN303D? Would you recommend one over the other for any other reason than the CD player? 

I notice the price of these two units is almost the same, while the RN303D lacks the CD player, so I would expect it has another feature to "fill the gap" compared to the 470 - do you know what this feature is? 

Finally, if you do have the RN303D in stock, would you be able to make up a bundle with the Dali Spektor 2 speakers priced similarly as the CRXN470D you used to have when it was in stock? 

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio
    • Integration / support for streaming services: currently use Spotify, but may migrate to Apple Music
    • ability to, at a later stage, add a subwoofer to the system - I understand Yamaha offer a wireless sub which I expect would be compatible? 

[*]

Thanks!
    [*]
    Thanks for the post frozengeek,

The CRXN470D and RN303D are both fantastic units, the main difference between them would be the sound. The RN303D is more like a Hifi amplifier so will give a better sound as it has a better power supply and amplification components!

The RN303D also has digital inputs whereas the CRXN470D doesn't.

Unfortunately I'm sold out of the RN303D at the moment but I do have limited stock of the RN602D at £389 which has a better DAC and amplifier so gives a better sound and more inputs than the 303!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frozengeek

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

The CRXN470D and RN303D are both fantastic units, the main difference between them would be the sound. The RN303D is more like a Hifi amplifier so will give a better sound as it has a better power supply and amplification components!

Unfortunately I'm sold out of the RN303D at the moment but I do have limited stock of the RN602D at £389 which has a better DAC and amplifier so gives a better sound and more inputs than the 303!

Kind regards

David
    [*]
    Hi David,

Thanks a lot for this. Would you say that the Dali Spektor 2 speakers would still be a good match for the RN602D? 

So if I were to go for the following: 

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black
    - Twin Pack of Musiccast 20 Black wireless speakers
    - and the Stereo Cable Bundle - Cambridge Symphony 200 with 4x Premium Banana Plugs

what would the total be in Euro, including the deliver in the ROI? And my next question is, would you be able to offer a similar discount on the lot as that for the CRXN470D + Dali Spektor 2 + Stereo Cable Bundle you had when the CRXN470D was available? 

Thanks!
    Mike

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

Thanks a lot for this. Would you say that the Dali Spektor 2 speakers would still be a good match for the RN602D? 

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black
    - and the Stereo Cable Bundle - Cambridge Symphony 200 with 4x Premium Banana Plugs

what would the total be in Euro, including the deliver in the ROI? And my next question is, would you be able to offer a similar discount on the lot as that for the CRXN470D + Dali Spektor 2 + Stereo Cable Bundle you had when the CRXN470D was available? 

Thanks!
    Mike
    [*]
    Hi again David,

I've just saved the above items to the Shopping Basket on your website and the total comes up to €1,081.29. Do you think you could apply a similar discount to the one previously offered on the CRXN470D + Dali Spektor 2? 

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

I've just saved the above items to the Shopping Basket on your website and the total comes up to €1,081.29. Do you think you could apply a similar discount to the one previously offered on the CRXN470D + Dali Spektor 2? 

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike
    [*]
    Hi Mike.

I could offer a deal at 987 Euro for the following:
    - RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

[*]
    Hi Mike.

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

[*]
    Hi David,

Yes please! Will I call you with payment details or how would you like to proceed? 

Thanks!
    Mike

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

[*]
    Hi Mike.

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

[*]
    Hi David,

Yes please! Will I call you with payment details or how would you like to proceed? 

Thanks!
    Mike
    [*]
    Hey Mike.

Did you call and speak to one of my colleagues earlier?

Did they get the order sorted for you?

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

[*]
    Hi Mike.

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

[*]
    Hi David,

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hey Mike.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

I have indeed spoken to one of your colleagues, but he was going to confirm the offer and get back to me with how to proceed with this. I'm happy to put the order through the website if you could let me know what do to to avail of the deal? 

Thanks!
    Mike

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

[*]
    Hi Mike.

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

[*]
    Hi David,

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hey Mike.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

I have indeed spoken to one of your colleagues, but he was going to confirm the offer and get back to me with how to proceed with this. I'm happy to put the order through the website if you could let me know what do to to avail of the deal? 

Thanks!
    Mike
    [*]
    Hey Mike.

Hopefully that should be you sorted now ;)

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

[*]
    Hi Mike.

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

[*]
    Hi David,

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hey Mike.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hey Mike.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

It is indeed. Just as I hit Send your colleague called me back and I have put the order through with him over the phone.

Thank you very much for looking after me and for all your help!

Best Regards,
    Mike

Hi Guys,

• MusicCast
    • FM and DAB radio
    • Internet Radio

[*]

Thanks!

[*]

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Hi David,

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hi again David,

Thanks!
    Best Regards,
    Mike

[*]
    Hi Mike.

- RN602D in black
    - Dali Spektor 2 Black

[*]
    Hi David,

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hey Mike.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks!
    Mike

[*]
    Hey Mike.

[*]
    Hi Kenny,

It is indeed. Just as I hit Send your colleague called me back and I have put the order through with him over the phone.

Thank you very much for looking after me and for all your help!

Best Regards,
    Mike
    [*]
    Cheers for the order Mike :)

I'll get it sorted ASAP.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.