Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ghosting WTF

• 14-12-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭

watch out on them roads peeps,there,s ones lying on the roads with a white sheet over them.apparently its called ghosting and its all about trying to stop cars etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, that cant possibly end badly.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

well that would explain the bump I felt earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

well that would explain the bump I felt earlier.

did you reverse back to see what the bump was :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Drop a gear..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

If you lie on your stomach with your arms by your side you can be planking while you're ghosting.

Win win for the Tik Tok populous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Sounds very difficult, is there a hack?

Sounds very difficult, is there a hack?

ye its a secret apparently..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Can I have my white sheets back please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

bassy wrote: »
    watch out on them roads peeps,there,s ones lying on the roads with a white sheet over them.apparently its called ghosting and its all about trying to stop cars etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

How many have you come across so far?

lot of white sheets being whipped from clothes lines all over the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you by any chance read about this on Facebook, op?

o1s1n wrote: »

im not on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Believe it or not, it's on the official Garda Síochána site😂

Garda Síochána site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

You're ghostin' us, motherf*cker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

You're ghostin' us, motherf*cker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here.

Yeah good movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

fooking unreal,whats the world coming to ??

Imagine killing or injuring one of them and being sued?

Imagine killing or injuring one of them and being sued?

which makes it even worse,as in there idiots yet the could sue you for there beyond self stupidity......................................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I know that as every generation gets older, they look at those coming behind and thinks that they are eejits, and I got up to my fair share of stupid sh!t as a young lad myself.

But stuff like this and the washing tablet thing are so braindead that I can't wrap my head around it. In my day dares involved going into the old woman in the video shop to try and rent a copy of Basic Instinct, or sh0tgun a can of Harp, not cause serious physical harm to ourselves or others. (Although I do realise now that a can of Harp is probably more toxic than a washing tablet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-warn-against-social-media-prank-of-lying-in-front-of-traffic-1.4436762
    The prank typically involves somebody lying in the road with a sheet over them to cause oncoming cars to stop or take notice. The reaction of the driver is then filmed and uploaded to social media platforms in the hope it will go viral.

The Garda warning follows an incident in the south of the country in recent days where a girl was injured by a vehicle while “ghosting”.
    What she probably thought would happen; driver flees, terrified, and she gets millions of likes.
    What probably did happen; driver got a fright, and slammed the accelerator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

fooking unreal,whats the world coming to ??

It just seems that in this country anyway, a sizable number of kids born around 1999 and after , have become victim to either, the absolute worst parenting imaginable, an educational system more akin to a state babysitting circus and or they were born with some kind of brain condition...

If I’d tried that or my friends I’d have and us probably have ended up in St. Patrick’s....or similar....

If you want to be a prize cock and endanger your own life for the purposes of entertainment, attention seeking (WHICH IS WHAT IT IS) or whatever reason, go right ahead, do the decent thing first and leave enough money to get the poor victims a new bumper / suspension.

the_syco wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-warn-against-social-media-prank-of-lying-in-front-of-traffic-1.4436762

What she probably thought would happen; driver flees, terrified, and she gets millions of likes.
    What probably did happen; driver got a fright, and slammed the accelerator.

she was looking for tik tok hits,not car hits :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Fcuking d1ckheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I thought ghosting was when ya go for a poo and get up and look down the jacks and no sign of a poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Evolution in action, yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

So is the driver at fault if they drive over one of these imbeciles?

Just when you thought a generation couldn't get any.more stupid.

I did experience the craze for stepping off the path as a driver approaches to see if they'll stop or swerve.
    I did neither, and she looked ashamed and embarrassed as she hurridly dragged herself back onto the path. P#ssant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

That press release immediately reminded me of this bit from Brass Eye

It's a f*cking disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is this a pisstake? Finding little evidence online.. One can but hope..

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is this a pisstake? Finding little evidence online.. One can but hope..

go back and check the official garda link..........................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

go back and check the official garda link..........................................
    Yeah, I saw that, but can't see any evidence elsewhere. I'm hoping it's more likely someone is taking the piss with the website than people actually doing this.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Yeah, I saw that, but can't see any evidence elsewhere. I'm hoping it's more likely someone is taking the piss with the website than people actually doing this.

reported on daily papers also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

reported on daily papers also.

On The Star, Sun and Mirror so it must be true. Nothing that the Golden Generation does would surprise me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Cancel culture/tide pod challenge generation. Anyone caught doing this should be prosecuted for endangering the lives of motorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I heard about this on the radio this morning and though this has to be wind up, but apparently no, some fúcking imbecile has been hospitalised after being hit by a car doing it....who could have possibly foreseen that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Keep that craic up and they will be 'ghosting' for real!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I heard about this on the radio this morning and though this has to be wind up, but apparently no, some fúcking imbecile has been hospitalised after being hit by a car doing it....who could have possibly foreseen that!

She will probably be awarded 100k in court and the poor driver gets the blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Wouldn't surprise me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Let them do it. Let them get long term injuries - see how funny to them it is then. We all do silly shít when young but this takes the biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

GBX wrote: »
    Let them do it. Let them get long term injuries - see how funny to them it is then. We all do silly shít when young but this takes the biscuit.

It isn't just themselves that they hurt. Any driver that hurts them will also be affected.

It isn't just themselves that they hurt. Any driver that hurts them will also be affected.
    A driver could swerve off the road to avoid them and end up being hurt too.
    That's the problem with social media, dumb stunts like this can spread like wildfire because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

That press release immediately reminded me of this bit from Brass Eye

It's a f*cking disgrace

Has there been a thread on Cake in the Current Affairs/IMHO forum yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I thought ghosting was when ya go for a poo and get up and look down the jacks and no sign of a poo

It's when you go for a poo and come back to your date/girlfriend and they are gone, have blocked you on social media and go on like you never existed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Who does the recording?the imbecile hiding under the sheet or some equally intelligent by-standers??

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Who does the recording?the imbecile hiding under the sheet or some equally intelligent by-standers??

some equally intelligent by-standers :mad::mad:

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I reckon the idea is that the driver stops gets out of the car and pulls back the sheet to see a'dead body'.
    The dead body suddenly sits up and shouts Boo! The driver jumps out of their skin. The corpse runs off laughing and the twerp filming from the bushes uploads it to social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I reckon the idea is that the driver stops gets out of the car and pulls back the sheet to see a'dead body'.
    The dead body suddenly sits up and shouts Boo! The driver jumps out of their skin. The corpse runs off laughing and the twerp filming from the bushes uploads it to social media.

I hear ya...so the take-home message is “be very suspicious of any shroud-enveloped corpse-resembling entities lying in the middle of the road.Best drive around them and not disturb their siesta al fresco”::):)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Mr Meanor

The Darwin Awards 2020 was looking a bit thin for honourable mentions, good to see some people are helping to rectify that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement