Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping an old couch.

Options
  • 15-12-2020 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any idea how much Greenstar would charge for taking an old couch? Had a quick look on their site and can't see anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

sligojoek wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea how much Greenstar would charge for taking an old couch? Had a quick look on their site and can't see anything

Think it's done on weight rather than per item.

They weigh car/van in & out & you pay based on the weight difference.
    But I'd usually go with a car load rather than 1 item but same principle applies. (Not been in during the covid so might have changed)

Probably ringing them to confirm is best.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks B

I tried calling this morning but was on hold for ages. I was in town this evening and called down. It's 25 for a 2 seater and 30 for a 3 seater.

As it happens I was telling my neighbour about it this evening and she's getting a skip after xmas. I can break it down and put it into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

sligojoek wrote: »
    Thanks B

I tried calling this morning but was on hold for ages. I was in town this evening and called down. It's 25 for a 2 seater and 30 for a 3 seater.

Ya for some large items they have a special per item charge, e.g. couches, mattresses

If you go down with your car / trailer then it depends on the size of vehicle (see pic from their gate). And I believe if you go down with a double axle trailer (or something bigger) thats when you get weighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Ring the Fire Services... they took two old couches off me for fire training!!

Advertisement