Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a demand deposit account

Options
  • 15-12-2020 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I currently have a BOI current account (so have 365online access).
    I don't have a Visa Debit card as it's not an account that I regularly use.

I'm looking at opening a demand deposit account as I plan to use it to replace the current account.
    The facility to do this requires a Visa Debit card hence that's a problem.

What are my options?
    (1) Possible to open in branch?
    (2) Not possible to do it via 365online?
    (3) I guess I could consider requesting a Visa Debit card, activate it etc but seems a bit wasteful considering that I'll be close the current account asap. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,

I currently have a BOI current account (so have 365online access).
    I don't have a Visa Debit card as it's not an account that I regularly use.

I'm looking at opening a demand deposit account as I plan to use it to replace the current account.
    The facility to do this requires a Visa Debit card hence that's a problem.

What are my options?
    (1) Possible to open in branch?
    (2) Not possible to do it via 365online?
    (3) I guess I could consider requesting a Visa Debit card, activate it etc but seems a bit wasteful considering that I'll be close the current account asap. 
    Hi Champ,

Thanks for your post.

In this instance, you can certainly apply for the Demand Deposit Account in your local branch. You will need to bring photo id, a recent utility bill showing your name and address and your current account details. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi Tara,

Thanks. 

Will there be any issues opening the demand deposit account in a different branch to where my current account was originally opened?

Due to work commitments I'm significantly closer to other branches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Champ wrote: »
    Hi Tara,

Thanks. 

Will there be any issues opening the demand deposit account in a different branch to where my current account was originally opened?

Due to work commitments I'm significantly closer to other branches.
    Thanks for getting back to us Champ. You can call into any of our ROI branches to make the application. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement