Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recall on some Cube bikes

Options
  • 15-12-2020 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Have been toying with the idea of getting a cube attain GTC sl going back and forward whether I want to or not. I have a giant defy advanced 2 2020.

Was googling the wheelsets on some of the cubes and stumbled across this https://www.cube.eu/en/service/safety-recalls/recall-of-newmen-rims-and-wheels/

Due to unfavourable tire-rim-tolerances and/or tire installation errors, there is a possibility of the tire coming off the rim with immediate loss of air pressure which can cause unforeseeable consequences for your life and limb. . Jesus, they don't hold back :)

The recall affects the follwing Cube road bike models with Newmen wheelsets which have been sold from 05.03.2017 until today.

Cube Litening C.68 SLT Disc zeroblack 2017 (#879500)
    Cube Agree Hybrid C.62 SL Disc white´n´black 2018 / 2019 (#139050)
    Cube Agree Hybrid C.62 SLT Disc black edition 2018 (#139150)
    Cube Agree C.62 SLT Disc Carbon´n´black 2018 (#178400)
    Cube Litening C.62 Race Disc teamline 2018 (#179200)
    Cube Litening C.68 SLT Disc zeroblack 2018 (#179400)
    Cube Cross Race C.62 SL teamline 2018 (#188500)
    Cube Cross Race C.62 SLT red´n´green 2018 (#188600)
    Cube Sondermodell Dealer Day Agree C.62 carbon´n´black 2018 (#189110)

Just a heads up for anyone buying 2nd hand to watch out for it as I know the 2nd hand market is booming now. I think Ill stick to my my Giant even though I know they can give trouble too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

But sure those wheels could be on a myriad of different brands' bikes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

But sure those wheels could be on a myriad of different brands' bikes

True but Cube use Newman on their high end bikes, very few companies do AFAIK. I presume it is a batch issue by the fact that they mention specific models and years on the bikes. Cubes operating model would be to buy out entire batches to drive costs down.

Hopefully they have the bikes and dates right as my new wheels are listed but they came on a different year/model of bike.

Advertisement