Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Credit Card - Travel Insurance

Options
  • 15-12-2020 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an Aer Credit Card and I was planning to travel to Portugal last July, but was told that my travel insurance would not cover me because, at the time, the DFA was advising against all non essential travel to Portugal (and to everywhere else, for that matter).

I’m now considering a possible visit in January and I went to the DFA website to see what they’re saying and there’s a whole lot of bumph about an EU wide traffic light system.  It’s not clear to me what this means for my insurance cover if I were to travel.

I phoned credit card services and they said that they couldn’t answer my question and that I would have to enquire by email.  I figure I might get a quicker response by posting here.

I would be most grateful for any clarification that you can offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

abff wrote: »
    Hi

I have an Aer Credit Card and I was planning to travel to Portugal last July, but was told that my travel insurance would not cover me because, at the time, the DFA was advising against all non essential travel to Portugal (and to everywhere else, for that matter).

I’m now considering a possible visit in January and I went to the DFA website to see what they’re saying and there’s a whole lot of bumph about an EU wide traffic light system.  It’s not clear to me what this means for my insurance cover if I were to travel.

I phoned credit card services and they said that they couldn’t answer my question and that I would have to enquire by email.  I figure I might get a quicker response by posting here.

I would be most grateful for any clarification that you can offer.
    Hi abff,

Thanks for your post. 

As the Insurance is underwritten by AIG Europe you would need to contact them on 01-2081400 to discuss cover. The policy number the travel insurance on the Aer Card is HNT 67146, they may need this when you call.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭abff

Thank you for the speedy response. 

Advertisement