Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Green&Red wrote: »
    Its looking like 30 points could be a good score in that GW, say you bump that to 40, not what I'm looking for

Compare that to this week when lots of people were 50 points over the average

There's no grounds to predict what a good score that week could be at this stage. For example Fulham Leeds is in 29. In week 16 I had 3 Leeds players scoring 28 between them. There are points up for grabs in every game played.

I'll keep an open mind on this though. Many ways to skin many cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How did people fare on the BGW/DGW combo? I FH in the BGW, no chip second week.

Total of 146 points, moving me from 635 to 450k. I guess that was mainly overtaking casuals who hadn't planned it.

Interested to see how that compares to people on similar or other strategies

Would have BB’d if Southampton/Everton/Leeds games hadn’t been cancelled. The transfer I made instead got Stones in which likely trumped any BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Shedite27 wrote: »

Total of 146 points, moving me from 635 to 450k. I guess that was mainly overtaking casuals who hadn't planned it.

Would have BB’d if Southampton/Everton/Leeds games hadn’t been cancelled. The transfer I made instead got Stones in which likely trumped any BB.

145 with FH in 18. No chips in 19.

Went from 902k to 702k

Like you I would have Bench boosted had Southampton Leeds gone ahead. My BB would have gotten 3 points had I used it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I had a great 18/19 combo, 53 in 18 without any hits or chips. 139 on BB in 19 on a -16.

176 net, halved my OR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Wildcarded into GW18 setting up BB for 19

206(-4) across the 2 weeks.

1.4m green arrow from 2m to 600k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is there anything wrong with wildcarding now?

Looking to leave a lot of balance in the team

Martinez (Sanchez)

Stones Cancelo Shaw Justin Mitchell

Bruno Grealish Maddison Hamez Foden

Kane DCL Watkins

3.5m ITB

I’m after jumping from 1.2m OR to 470k and want to continue.

There is 5 GW’s until the blank. Not sure I should be holding the wildcard til then if not happy with about 7 orc8 players

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is there anything wrong with wildcarding now?

Looking to leave a lot of balance in the team

Martinez (Sanchez)

Stones Cancelo Shaw Justin Mitchell

Bruno Grealish Maddison Hamez Foden

Kane DCL Watkins

3.5m ITB

I’m after jumping from 1.2m OR to 470k and want to continue.

There is 5 GW’s until the blank. Not sure I should be holding the wildcard til then if not happy with about 7 orc8 players

What does your current team look like?

I'm always in favour of a WC when your team needs it rather than using it for DGWs, no good nailing a DGW if you haemorrhage coming up to it.

On your team there - benching headaches, no West Ham, and a LOT of punty f**kers

FHFC wrote: »
    Wildcarded into GW18 setting up BB for 19

206(-4) across the 2 weeks.

1.4m green arrow from 2m to 600k.

Thats some scoring, brings you back to respectability

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What does your current team look like?

I'm always in favour of a WC when your team needs it rather than using it for DGWs, no good nailing a DGW if you haemorrhage coming up to it.

On your team there - benching headaches, no West Ham, and a LOT of punty f**kers

Current team is:

Fabianski , Mendy

Trent Robbo Stones Cancelo Coufal

KdB Rashford Bruno Soucek Raphina

Bamford Adams Watkins
    ——————-

Where do you see the punts? Given where we are in the season & the info to date, the only real punt I see is Hamez, but that is more to do with injury. I think I’ve a good front 8 to cover.

A lot of the big price players are injured or out of form! I also have 3.5m to get someone back in.

I don’t see West Ham as critical. Antonio is probably the one I’d go for but I really think Watkins will come good & Everton / DCL is coming back into form. I’d rather Leicester & Everton over West Ham.

I’m playing 2 city at the back. I like Justin so it was between him & Coufal... long term I think Justin outscores him.

Would I need a 50 point uplift over 5 GW’s to make this WC successful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

166 total with FH for the blank and no chip for the DGW, 400K OR improvement over the 2 weeks, 880K to 480K. HEWT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Felt there was a lot of points left on the table.

FH in GW18 - 56 points and moved up 50k places to 97k OR

My team was a mess for the BGW without FH.

GW19 no chip - 105 (-4)

Felt using chip would be a waste on my team and was right. Save TC and BB for later in the season.

Plan to WC around the next DGW.

84k OR but feeling my team not in great shape with the big guns not firing. Presume others in the same boat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wildcard in 18 and BB in 19 got me 188(-4) and have gone from 870k to 360k.

Thats some scoring, brings you back to respectability

Just about yeah! :o

I've always been a second half of season bloomer but I thought I'd gone too far over the cliff this time!

In 2016/16 I went from around 1m at Christmas to finish at 15k so I guess anything is possible from here.

If City beat Swansea, they should have doubles in 24, 26 and 27.

They will probably have blanks in 29 and 33

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1353825698587291648?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Pep roulette will be insane for those games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pep roulette will be insane for those games

Will be Ederson/Dias time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

CSF wrote: »
    Will be Ederson/Dias time

Ederson + 2 was my first thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The DGW fixtures are not exactly the most favourable looking to me on paper.

24 - Arsenal + Southampton / Everton
    26 - WHU + Southampton / Everton / Wolves
    27 - Man Utd + Southampton / Everton / Wolves

Looking at building for DGW 26, hopefully not using the transfer that week, dead end to BGW29. WC 30, FH 33. Use my TC on one of the DGWs around then, or the earlier City ones.

Don’t really see the play to WC in 25, leaves you stuck with 29 as a major problem

Ben has come around to my way of thinking

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1354493045731962887?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Thats a very useful planner he has there. I've wildcarded this week as I have a freehit and I dont see the point in waiting any longer. Hoping to get a bounce from the wildcard for the few weeks before that double game week.

I've a got 104.2 budget so can afford a decent bench, something like this:

Martinez (McCarthy)
    Stones Cancelo Digne (Shaw, Mitchell)
    Gundogan Fernandes Son Salah (Saka)
    Kane Watkins/Antonio DCL

• Advertisement

Keeping hold of FH for that BGW28 is an almost must now for me.

I currently have 0 players!

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Thats a very useful planner he has there. I've wildcarded this week as I have a freehit and I dont see the point in waiting any longer. Hoping to get a bounce from the wildcard for the few weeks before that double game week.

I've a got 104.2 budget so can afford a decent bench, something like this:

Martinez (McCarthy)
    Stones Cancelo Digne (Shaw, Mitchell)
    Gundogan Fernandes Son Salah (Saka)
    Kane Watkins/Antonio DCL

That was the reason I was totally fine with wildcarding in 18. It sorted out gw18 , 19 with BB and tapped into city's good fixtures all in one swoop. Then kept the FH in reserve for whatever gw is trickiest to navigate. I like the digne pick he could be my transfer this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That was the reason I was totally fine with wildcarding in 18. It sorted out gw18 , 19 with BB and tapped into city's good fixtures all in one swoop. Then kept the FH in reserve for whatever gw is trickiest to navigate. I like the digne pick he could be my transfer this week.

I'm hoping Digne does a Cancelo against Newcastle and gets a monster score as he was playing left midfield yesterday.

Last year I struggled getting decent starting 11s out in the run up to the double game weeks so trying something different this time with the early wildcard.

I'm hoping Digne does a Cancelo against Newcastle and gets a monster score as he was playing left midfield yesterday.

Liking this idea...

Problem with Digne is he'll get no CS with that donkey Pickford behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The way FF goes, Newcastle will go win to nil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

siblers wrote: »
    Problem with Digne is he'll get no CS with that donkey Pickford behind him

I'm looking at Digne too but this is my main concern.

Last year I struggled getting decent starting 11s out in the run up to the double game weeks so trying something different this time with the early wildcard.
    I have never once held the wildcard past January and its never really hindered me. I think its a bit of a myth that you need to hold onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Anyone want to sum up the doubles for 26 for me? And any others? Need to take into account for my transfers tonight.

• Advertisement

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    That's some investigative work :D

It was spotted by Karam Tayser by the looks of it who would have more interest in the Arabic account than Ben Crellin I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So as things stand it’s looking like City Everton will have doubles in 24. Any other teams?

So as things stand it’s looking like City Everton will have doubles in 24. Any other teams?
    No, quite unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Ye reckon it's worth bringing in a couple of everton recruits with my free transfers the next couple gameweeks? Already have 3 city players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

El Sueño wrote: »
    Ye reckon it's worth bringing in a couple of everton recruits with my free transfers the next couple gameweeks? Already have 3 city players

Fulham and City games? I wouldn't be going out of my way to get anything for that unless you were doing it anyway.

Fulham and City games? I wouldn't be going out of my way to get anything for that unless you were doing it anyway.

It’s good for people with a wildcard to burn ahead of 26/29

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

El Sueño wrote: »

The Newcastle performance has put me off a bit.
    Two away games against Leeds and Man U puts me off their defenders and then they have Spurs in the FA cup before Fulham.
    I'd wait and have 2 FTs going into GW24. Pickford injury confuses things. It might actually help them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

gotta agree with this, if your loading or city city players, your hoping they either score or keep clean sheets, in which case you wont' want Everton defenders.

There are plenty of midfield options that are likely to outscore any double Everton midfield player - so don't know who you would really want.

Then there is DCL - i think folk know my views on him. His form reminds me of Wilson last season - started great, 8 returns in 8 games i think and then nothing for rest of season.

• Advertisement

Man City, Everton, Burnley, Fulham have doubles in GW24

Southampton and Leeds have doubles in GW25

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2014813?sf242649794=1

GW24:

Burnley v Fulham and Palace
    Man City v Spurs and Everton
    Fulham v Burnley and Everton
    Everton v Man City and Fulham

GW25:

Leeds v Southampton and Wolves
    Southampton v Leeds and Chelsea

Triple Captain Bamford here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

siblers wrote: »
    Man City, Everton, Burnley, Fulham have doubles in GW24

Southampton and Leeds have doubles in GW25

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2014813?sf242649794=1

GW24:

Burnley v Fulham and Palace
    Man City v Spurs and Everton
    Fulham v Burnley and Everton
    Everton v Man City and Fulham

GW25:

Leeds v Southampton and Wolves
    Southampton v Leeds and Chelsea

Have 3 City and 1 Fulham. And then 2 Leeds for the following week. 2 free transfers this week. Not sure what an optimal number for gameweek 24 is.

Double Burnley defence (if Charlie Taylor manages to get fit) for the win!

GW23: Brighton
    GW24: Palace & Fulham
    GW25: WBA

This has been weeks in the making!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Fitz* wrote: »
    Double Burnley defence (if Charlie Taylor manages to get fit) for the win!

GW23: Brighton
    GW24: Palace & Fulham
    GW25: WBA

This has been weeks in the making!

Matt Lowton aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Three City, 1 Everton, Leeds, Southampton.

Might go Johnstone to Pope but probably nothing else.

Assume those who double know are unlikely to double in 26/7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Three City, 1 Everton, Leeds, Southampton.

Might go Johnstone to Pope but probably nothing else.

Assume those who double know are unlikely to double in 26/7?

These are the games originally postponed due to Covid. GW26 is for games cancelled due to the Cup, so very possible some of these could also double in GW26.

We won’t know until after the 5th round next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Benimar wrote: »
    These are the games originally postponed due to Covid. GW26 is for games cancelled due to the Cup, so very possible some of these could also double in GW26.

We won’t know until after the 5th round next week.

True but Leeds are very likely to not double now as they and their opponents are out of the cup

I've 7 for those DGWs but 3 Are City so will definitely be rotation.

Are many wildcarding in 25 ahead of 26? I think the Leeds v Southampton game going into 25 rather than 26 doesn’t help.

Southampton could very well have 3 consecutive DGWs so they will undoubtedly be heavily represented in my wildcard, but Leeds won’t have one in 26 so they don’t fit amazingly into the bench boost plan.

Are WHU going to double at some stage in this? I like Antonio's next two and he's better than DCL imo. But the benching headache of the Watkins Bamford Antonio lineup is horrendous. Want to see if I should wait one week or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement