Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »
    I did some screwing around with Cartmans spreadsheet and I think this all works okay. obviously GW's 37 and 38 arent right because I just inserted the 26 and 27 doubles into his table without accounting for that elsewhere, but sure look, we dont need that far ahead yet :)

Hopefully it'll do until Cartman gets himself back on his feet and if you spot any mistakes, let me know! :)

Good man...still waiting in fupping A&E and doped up to the eyeballs so anything involving Excel formulas is very much beyond me right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

I did some screwing around with Cartmans spreadsheet and I think this all works okay. obviously GW's 37 and 38 arent right because I just inserted the 26 and 27 doubles into his table without accounting for that elsewhere, but sure look, we dont need that far ahead yet :)

Hopefully it'll do until Cartman gets himself back on his feet and if you spot any mistakes, let me know! :)

Cheers for this only problem i can see is for the BGW players its telling me I have 10 players when i only have 6, I then realised its basing the players on BGW19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Good man...still waiting in fupping A&E and doped up to the eyeballs so anything involving Excel formulas is very much beyond me right now

Get well soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

markc91 wrote: »
    Cheers for this only problem i can see is for the BGW players its telling me I have 10 players when i only have 6, I then realised its basing the players on BGW19

Thank you for that. I have changed the excel file with those 2 formulas updated and I have fixed the list of DGW teams and BGW teams

tbh, I never even scrolled down that far to see those formulas the first time around lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

how do i do that myself or will you have to post the updated file?

markc91 wrote: »
    how do i do that myself or will you have to post the updated file?

File should be updated there now. I'll rename it and rehost it just incase something strange is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

File should be updated there now. I'll rename it and rehost it just incase something strange is happening

Doing God's work!

Positive-Terrible-Cleanerwrasse-small.gif

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I’m here telling people that I don’t want Kane and that I’d still slightly prefer Salah and yet if they look great tomorrow, I may have humble pie to eat and be taking a hit to bring in Kane.

Similarly, with Salah having looked like no more than a right winger tonight, Bruno has an audition tomorrow night to be my 26 treble captain. Even though with a 100%+ EO I will be pretty much hoping he does nothing.

We also haven’t had our injury/suspension in the games this week that throws a spanner in the works, so that feels inevitable also. I guess Grealish will kind of be that, but we knew about that pre GW25 deadline so it’s not gonna be a bombshell if he ends up being out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

No idea what to do about next week now after seeing that Spurs performance (if you could call it that!) against West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

COH wrote: »
    No idea what to do about next week now after seeing that Spurs performance (if you could call it that!) against West Ham

It's a tricky one because Kane could have still hauled. I'm considering sacrificing Son for a Leicester mid so I can get Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Vardy far more attractive looking than Kane for the DGW at the moment.

Not sure I'll have the balls to do it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Be nice here an update on grealish before the dgw, already taken a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Would it be madness to move Salah and son on to bring Madison and 1 other midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

skippy15 wrote:
    Be nice here an update on grealish before the dgw, already taken a -4

Sky commentator said a leg injury and villa hope to have him available for next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Would it be madness to move Salah and son on to bring Madison and 1 other midfielder

hard to say especially when salah has a dgw coming up

I'd prefer have maddison over son though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’m going to move out ings and grealish for Barnes and Kane giving me the Leicester double up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

It's a tricky one because Kane could have still hauled. I'm considering sacrificing Son for a Leicester mid so I can get Kane.

I'm bringing in Kane myself

He's either scored or assisted in every game he's started going back 5+ matches v burnley and fulham

it'll be a hard watch for anyone who doesn't have him

I think I'm pretty much set on Bench Boost in 26, Maybe TC in 27 and Wildcard in 30ish.

Currently looking at 28 players for DGW 26 with a -8. TC Gundog hopefully in 27 (injuries depending). If not, will take a -4 to maybe get a different city asset or take a chance on a city defender. Spend a couple of -4's in 28 and 29 to build towards the blank GW and then wildcard immediately afterwards to have good assets hopefully to finish out the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

mailburner wrote: »
    hard to say especially when salah has a dgw coming up

I'd prefer have maddison over son though

Anytime I have seen spurs lately they certainly don't inspire much confidence

If KDB starts today I think I might have to get him in for the doubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

For the lazy amongst us what teams do I need to be getting in over the next few weeks to be fully loaded on the DGW?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    For the lazy amongst us what teams do I need to be getting in over the next few weeks to be fully loaded on the DGW?

Well it's next week for a start! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Oops. Wildcard so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Vardy far more attractive looking than Kane for the DGW at the moment.

Not sure I'll have the balls to do it though.
    Vardy's scored once since Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Oops. Wildcard so.

You've probably nearly a team's worth of doubles already.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Vardy's scored once since Christmas

He's been out injured for nearly half those GWs. Only played 90 in 4 of 9 so not really a fair comment. He's returned in his last 2 games.

Leicester on form and he's looking fully fit. And outstatting everyone over last 6 games before today despite much less minutes

https://twitter.com/FPLTIPSINDIA/status/1361579236885110784?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    He's been out injured for nearly half those GWs. Only played 90 in 4 of 9 so not really a fair comment. He's returned in his last 2 games.

Leicester on form and he's looking fully fit. And outstatting everyone over last 6 games before today despite much less minutes

He's not scoring goals whatever stats you look at - he has 2 goals in the last 10 games that he has played, not exactly a striker on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

shmeee wrote: »
    Looking at WC-ing in 26 and BB-ing in 27.

Load up on City, Liverpool, Villa and Spurs assets.

And worry about BGW29 at the time with FT's and try field 7/8 and go from there.

Getting WC and BB back to back at least gives you a chance. Luck is with the FPL god's then.

I should have pulled trigger on WC in 25 and trusted Ben, only would have been caught with maybe Ings at a push is all with no DGW in 26. Hindsight is great, but fair ****s to anyone WC used before 6.30pm last night. Your in a healthy bench boost spot now for 26.

I got lucky by using the WC just before the deadline, had been on the fence all day about it but my bench was so weak coupled with playing the Pep lottery forced me into it. Im also trying to peg back a 50 point deficit on a rival so took the risk to do something he wasnt. Glad I did now as I finally have an all starting bench ready for BB next week as well as 12 DGWers with potentially 14 if I sell 2 Leeds for a -4.

It also allowed me get KdB back in as I think he is essential from now till the end of the season, sold Cancelo to get him and stayed with Gundog and Dias. Dodged a bullet by going for Barnes over Grealish and hes returned a goal and assist today. Also sold out Cresswell and Soucek as West Hams fixtures turn from here but that could end up being a mistake with the form they are in, Lingard is on fire lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I got lucky by using the WC just before the deadline, had been on the fence all day about it but my bench was so weak coupled with playing the Pep lottery forced me into it. Im also trying to peg back a 50 point deficit on a rival so took the risk to do something he wasnt. Glad I did now as I finally have an all starting bench ready for BB next week as well as 12 DGWers with potentially 14 if I sell 2 Leeds for a -4.

It also allowed me get KdB back in as I think he is essential from now till the end of the season, sold Cancelo to get him and stayed with Gundog and Dias. Dodged a bullet by going for Barnes over Grealish and hes returned a goal and assist today. Also sold out Cresswell and Soucek as West Hams fixtures turn from here but that could end up being a mistake with the form they are in, Lingard is on fire lately.

Is KDB essential? I’m afraid his minutes in the league will be carefully managed to ensure City peak for the champions league matches. They also have domestic cups to think about. With the league all but in the bag, Pep will be rotating like crazy I’d have thought.

So this is my current squad...

Martinez | Nyland R.I.P.

Robertson | Dias | Stones | Coufal | Lowton

Gundog | Maddison | Salah | Bruno | Raphinha

DCL | Ings | Bamford

£2.3M ITB, 1 FT and BB + WC left.

No Spurs is the obvious omission...and no second goalie if I was to BB.

I can go Robertson to a cheaper DGW option and Ings to Kane for a hit....

Or Maddison to Son and not bother with a hit.

Would it be total sarcrilege to BB without a second keeper?? Taking a 2nd hit for a keeper feels weird...would likely be Schmeichel or Johnstone.

Totally addled generally so any suggestions welcome

• Advertisement

Martinez | Nyland R.I.P.

DCL | Ings | Bamford

Would it be total sarcrilege to BB without a second keeper?? Taking a 2nd hit for a keeper feels weird...would likely be Schmeichel or Johnstone.

I don’t think that is a bench boost squad. Your worst 4 players (keeper included) aren’t that great. That’s what the bench boost is for. Not the 11 great doublers you’ll have. You get them anyway. Play the bench boost the week after you play the wildcard.

CSF wrote: »
    I don’t think that is a bench boost squad. Your worst 4 players (keeper included) aren’t that great. That’s what the bench boost is for. Not the 11 great doublers you’ll have. You get them anyway. Play the bench boost the week after you play the wildcard.

Cheers....yeah my bench would be the 2 Leeds lads, Coufal and either no keeper or one that already cost me 4 points before a shot is saved.

Cheers....yeah my bench would be the 2 Leeds lads, Coufal and either no keeper or one that already cost me 4 points before a shot is saved.

Yeah I don’t love it. Not sure Ings is so good this week that he’s worth the BB either. And if SGW Ings A to Everton gets the nod in your starting 11 either way, I reckon that’s the sign to hold it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The two Leeds lads could be potentially playing a Villa team without Grealish - probably the best time to be playing them, and who knows what Coufal will do - although would be some shock and Moyes heroics to get anything off City.

The only downside of playing BB week after WC is having to hold onto 0.5m for a sub keeper in order to play him, that 0.5m could be spent elsewhere and not tired up in sub keeper that you will probably never play again - given you have Nyland your obv a one keeper player.

JPup wrote: »
    Is KDB essential? I’m afraid his minutes in the league will be carefully managed to ensure City peak for the champions league matches. They also have domestic cups to think about. With the league all but in the bag, Pep will be rotating like crazy I’d have thought.

yeah I fully expect KdB to fall foul of the Pep lottery but for it to be mixed with Gundog who I also own. Ive a stronger bench now since the WC so willing to suck it up when it happens. I just think with City in such blistering form (17 wins in a row now) the KdB/Gundog combination will pay off for the rest of the season.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The two Leeds lads could be potentially playing a Villa team without Grealish - probably the best time to be playing them, and who knows what Coufal will do - although would be some shock and Moyes heroics to get anything off City.

The only downside of playing BB week after WC is having to hold onto 0.5m for a sub keeper in order to play him, that 0.5m could be spent elsewhere and not tired up in sub keeper that you will probably never play again - given you have Nyland your obv a one keeper player.

Leeds have just been beaten and shut out by a much weaker team than Villa and were well beaten by Arsenal the game before. They could improve against a Grealishless Villa for sure, but I wouldn’t spend a chip on that belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

Here messing with WC drafts.

Want to maybe BB in 27 but can't get to a decent bench, fixtures I taught looked nicer when I did a few mock up's over the weekend.

With one eye on BGW29 I am trying to get to maybe 6/7 players that week.

Confusing myself too much.

Going to go without Kane too I say..... But have finally got in Bruno!

shmeee wrote: »
    Here messing with WC drafts.

Want to maybe BB in 27 but can't get to a decent bench, fixtures I taught looked nicer when I did a few mock up's over the weekend.

With one eye on BGW29 I am trying to get to maybe 6/7 players that week.

Confusing myself too much.

Going to go without Kane too I say..... But have finally got in Bruno!

Same predicament here. Not taking a gamble on the fixtures and playing the wildcard last week has really messed up my team now.

Instead of having 12 DGWers + 3x Leeds and a bench boost for this week I ended up taking a -8 and now only have 7 DGWers and no Spurs/Villa etc. for 29.

Still have the WC/BB but can't see any reasonable opportunity to make up the group now as pretty much have to WC this week ... and will most likely end up with the same damn team I would have if I had pulled the trigger last week!

Currently looking at this for a WC....

Johnstone
    Cancelo - Stones - Konsa
    Barnes - Son - Bruno - Gundog
    Vardy - Kane - DCL

[Areola - Raphinha - Dallas - Lewis ]

Would leave me with 1.7 itb for eventualities, 11 double GWers for GW26 .... benchboost in GW27 with everyone playing 7 provisionally for the BGW29 but would get Bamford and maybe one more with FTs if necessary for that.

Anyone looking at a similar strategy or see any glaring holes in this? No Salah is a pain, could re-jig things and take the likes of Vardy our for Watkins (not sure if I want him if Grealish is out) and upgrade Son to Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Leeds have just been beaten and shut out by a much weaker team than Villa and were well beaten by Arsenal the game before. They could improve against a Grealishless Villa for sure, but I wouldn’t spend a chip on that belief.

Definitely some interesting arguments for not BBing 26 here. I too would be going 3x Leeds.

The thing is i have Pope and Martinez. Both double. I think now's a great time to take advantage of that and the 3 Leeds players all are capable of returning. (Dallas, Raph, Bam).

Also want to hold the Leeds lads for bgw29

It's a tricky chip, I'm wondering if i don't use it now if I'll get a better chance. Pope with a double and 3 Leeds players at home to Villa seems like a good opportunity.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Definitely some interesting arguments for not BBing 26 here. I too would be going 3x Leeds.

The thing is i have Pope and Martinez. Both double. I think now's a great time to take advantage of that and the 3 Leeds players all are capable of returning. (Dallas, Raph, Bam).

Also want to hold the Leeds lads for bgw29

It's a tricky chip, I'm wondering if i don't use it now if I'll get a better chance. Pope with a double and 3 Leeds players at home to Villa seems like a good opportunity.

Your Pope +3 Leeds guys is a good bit better than what the other guy had available to him though. I think it’s a manageable BB but it is obviously quite boom or just depending on what way the Leeds v Villa game goes. Maybe tomorrow night will give more clarity on if Leeds (like Villa) are in a bit of a decline with both teams probably missing their star man (some might say Raphinha has taken that spot from Kalvin now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm a little bit behind in my ML and a Salah TC is really tempting me. It'll be a huge differential as leaders don't have him, but Bruno... they'll be captaining him so the safer bet would be just to TC him.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist a Salah TC differential. On paper Chelsea is a tough one but I think the way they set up will suit Salah.

Looks like there has been a fallout from Matt Targett, the Villa physio and the Villa performance analyst all selling Jack Grealish from their FPL teams before the deadline.

Behind a paywall but you get the jist
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-ban-players-from-fantasy-football-after-news-of-jack-grealishs-injury-was-leaked-lsnstfcnh
    Aston Villa have banned their players from taking part in fantasy football competitions following concerns over the leaking of Jack Grealish’s injury.

Millions of people around the world play Fantasy Premier League, where teams are selected from real players, who can be substituted or sold, with points awarded for achievements such as goals scored, assists or clean sheets. A number of the players at Aston Villa are believed to have teams and any changes made to those selections can be seen by the wider public about an hour before the first match in any round of top-flight fixtures.

On Friday evening, as the game’s latest transfer deadline passed before Wolves v Leeds United — two days before Aston Villa were due to face Leicester —

The good news for the rest of us is that we can all now climb up the rankings by at least three places :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm a little bit behind in my ML and a Salah TC is really tempting me. It'll be a huge differential as leaders don't have him, but Bruno... they'll be captaining him so the safer bet would be just to TC him.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist a Salah TC differential. On paper Chelsea is a tough one but I think the way they set up will suit Salah.

I'd say Son or Kane if you have them would be the closest to a sure thing even with Spurs' recent struggles. Probably won't play Thursday and against 2 lower league teams.

I'd say watch them both blank but don't think I'll have either in haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Martinez | Nyland R.I.P.

DCL | Ings | Bamford

Would Coufal to 4.3M Fulham get you Kane for Ings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mitchell playing last night is promising news for those playing BB! I'll even take one game from him.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Looks like there has been a fallout from Matt Targett, the Villa physio and the Villa performance analyst all selling Jack Grealish from their FPL teams before the deadline.

Behind a paywall but you get the jist
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-ban-players-from-fantasy-football-after-news-of-jack-grealishs-injury-was-leaked-lsnstfcnh

The good news for the rest of us is that we can all now climb up the rankings by at least three places :D

A lot of teams could go down this road now

Still not decided on what to do at all...

A hit can get me to Kane Captain and bench boost of Bamford, Raphinha and Mitchell (no keeper).

Or hold off on BB and get Kane via downgrading Coufal for a cheapie with GW 29 in mind or downgrading Robertson to a slightly cheaper premium defender with a DGW (only 0.3m short of a straight Ings to Kane).

But then if I hold off on BB I'll only be obsessed the fecking thing for the next few weeks and probably blow my WC on it as well.

Leaning towards playing it by now I think...reckon the Leeds lads could do well against Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I'm very similar, a -4 gets me a bench of Johnstone, Bamford, Raphinha and Mitchell so I am definitely playing BB, my only issue is around Mitchell, if I knew he would play both games I'd leave it but he might play 2, 1 or none! Thinking of taking another -4 to get a Fulham defender with GW29 in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had put this in transfer thread but probably better off here.

Currently have 9 DGWers, 2m in the bank and starting line up looking like this

Martinez
    Cancelo Stones Mee
    Fernandes Gundogan Salah Son Raphina
    Vardy Bamford

Johnstone Dallas Antonio Coufal

Possibly looking at just replacing Antonio with Dcl and just go with 10 dgwers.

I have a fear of not having Kane, not that he or Spurs have been doing much of late, but if he does click, could be badly punished as I’d imagine he’s likely to be highly owned and highly captained.

Saying that the only way I can fit Kane in is to swap him in for Vardy, who probably has just as much potential to score as Kane. Would it be too much of a sideways a move?

Most likely will use treble captain, but not sure who I’ll be putting it on yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Darksoul

Had put this in transfer thread but probably better off here.

Currently have 9 DGWers, 2m in the bank and starting line up looking like this

Martinez
    Cancelo Stones Mee
    Fernandes Gundogan Salah Son Raphina
    Vardy Bamford

Johnstone Dallas Antonio Coufal

Possibly looking at just replacing Antonio with Dcl and just go with 10 dgwers.

I have a fear of not having Kane, not that he or Spurs have been doing much of late, but if he does click, could be badly punished as I’d imagine he’s likely to be highly owned and highly captained.

Saying that the only way I can fit Kane in is to swap him in for Vardy, who probably has just as much potential to score as Kane. Would it be too much of a sideways a move?

Most likely will use treble captain, but not sure who I’ll be putting it on yet

I'd swap Antonio for DCL for this week...if you didn't have son then I would have said get Kane in.

Son and Kane feed off each other so ya will be fine with Son if you have Vardy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement