Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

onrail wrote: »
    Half thinking of Dias either C or TC for DGW 27....

Madness?

Currently yes IMO, they have only kept 2 clean sheets in the last 6 games against Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, West Ham and Wolves. Decent sides no doubt.

Whereas before that City had kept 13 clean sheets in the 15 before.

United and Southampton next up, United could knick a goal (wouldn't bet on it) and against an out of form Southampton side.

I just personally wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

18 points from a BB for me. 12 from Martinez and 2 each from Ings , Dallas and Raphina.
    Season is going that badly for me that I am fairly happy with it. 18 points I will take it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

18 points from a BB for me. 12 from Martinez and 2 each from Ings , Dallas and Raphina.
    Season is going that badly for me that I am fairly happy with it. 18 points I will take it!

8 for my BB this gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

18pts from a BB is a good return and well above expectation, a terribly over rated chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

18 points from BB here too, had Martinez on the bench for his DGW and then Dallas, Raphina and Bamford all on a single game. Had hoped those 3 would do better but they all returned with 2 points each. I brought in Schmicheal as a playing keeper specifically for the BB week but he conceeded 3 goals against Arsenal and another tonight against Burnley for a total return of 5 points over the two games. Bit disappointed with that part of the strategy but its how the cookie crumbles.

siblers wrote: »
    8 for my BB this gw
    Pogue eile wrote: »
    18pts from a BB is a good return and well above expectation, a terribly over rated chip.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    18 points from BB here too, had Martinez on the bench for his DGW and then Dallas, Raphina and Bamford all on a single game. Had hoped those 3 would do better but they all returned with 2 points each. I brought in Schmicheal as a playing keeper specifically for the BB week but he conceeded 3 goals against Arsenal and another tonight against Burnley for a total return of 5 points over the two games. Bit disappointed with that part of the strategy but its how the cookie crumbles.

It was pointed out to me on FFS, that I would likely have played Martinez and benched Pope if it was a 'normal' gameweek. So in reality it was only 10 points. :D

Taking the wind out of my sails a bit! Like Muahahaha I was caught out at how poorly Leeds did. I did not see that coming at all. On another day Rafinha and Bamford would have got something, I suppose.

I thought Pope would do better over the two gameweeks to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah I was kicking myself the 3 Leeds lads didnt do anything as I knew it was a risk with them all having a single game in a DGW. I had thought of transferring out Dallas to get a DGWer like Regulion in onto the bench boost but decided against it in the end. That was a mistake as Regulion hauled 10 points and still has another game to go.

I think Leeds lads are great at their price but they can be frustrating to own at times, it seems to be either a feast or a famine with them.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah I was kicking myself the 3 Leeds lads didnt do anything as I knew it was a risk with them all having a single game in a DGW. I had thought of transferring out Dallas to get a DGWer like Regulion in onto the bench boost but decided against it in the end. That was a mistake as Regulion hauled 10 points and still has another game to go.

I think Leeds lads are great at their price but they can be frustrating to own at times, it seems to be either a feast or a famine with them.

The bit that really annoyed me about the Leeds game was it was against a Villa with no Grealish. I said to myself before hand at worst it could be a clean sheet for Leeds 1-0 , 0-0. Or maybe where Leeds win in a 3-1 with Bamford and Rafinha involved. Maybe a Dallas assist. Turned on the game. Made a sambo by the time I came back Leeds clean sheet was gone. El flipping Ghazi who had done anything fpl wise since gw16 (I checked). Leeds missing chance after chance after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The bit that really annoyed me about the Leeds game was it was against a Villa with no Grealish. I said to myself before hand at worst it could be a clean sheet for Leeds 1-0 , 0-0. Or maybe where Leeds win in a 3-1 with Bamford and Rafinha involved. Maybe a Dallas assist. Turned on the game. Made a sambo by the time I came back Leeds clean sheet was gone. El flipping Ghazi who had done anything fpl wise since gw16 (I checked). Leeds missing chance after chance after that.

One of the reasons he wasn’t doing anything fantasy wise that he wasn’t playing since Barkley came back. Grealish going out brought him back in. El Ghazi is a petty reliable FPL asset for an average footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

If you haven’t taken a hit to line it up, and if you haven’t had to compromise your squad for future game weeks, then 18 is excellent.

Once you factor in those caveats (especially the second one) bench boost can actually produce a negative return. As in, you’d have been better off at the end of the season if you’d never had it in the first place. You’ll never know for sure, but I suspect that was the case for me in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

JPup wrote: »
    Hamez was only rested last night according to Ancelotti. Same as Coleman. Both likely to start against West Brom it seems.

Sorry! Obviously bad info there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is there a consensus on the best use of WC at this stage??

I'm planning on dead ending the team into GW 29 and using WC (swiftly followed by BB) after that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cartman78 wrote:
    Is there a consensus on the best use of WC at this stage??

Cartman78 wrote:
    I'm planning on dead ending the team into GW 29 and using WC (swiftly followed by BB) after that

I'm thinking GW31, the teams playing GW29 have good fixtures in GW30

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I currently have 4 for the blank game week. My conundrum this week is whether to get in a third City player and attack there double or do I start building towards 29? I think I know the answer but part of me wants to go with the former and get in another City attacker!!

Original plan was to take to -4 this week and next to get in 4 additional players, then possibly 1 transfer on the actual week to have 9 starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What's stopping the possibility of Everton/Villa playing their outstanding game in GW29 - on say the Wednesday night 24th March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ace2007 wrote:
    What's stopping the possibility of Everton/Villa playing their outstanding game in GW29 - on say the Wednesday night 24th March?

Thats an international window. Being tipped to be fixed for GW28 atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Apart from the Everton villa fixture, is there many other outstanding fixtures not scheduled, or up in the air at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Apart from the Everton villa fixture, is there many other outstanding fixtures not scheduled, or up in the air at the moment?

Spurs v southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Spurs v southampton

Good to know as they’ve a fixture in GW29 too and decent enough fixtures for the run in.

Need to decide if going for 2 X -4 spread out over the next 2 weeks is the way to go or alternatively I will bank this week and just go with 3 transfers ahead of the blank. Doing 4 transfers with get me 9 players but I don't want to -8 the week of GW29

Looking at getting in Auba, Son and an other will leave me with:

Martinez

White - Coufal

Raphinha - Son - Auba -

-- Kane -- Bamford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Need to decide if going for 2 X -4 spread out over the next 2 weeks is the way to go or alternatively I will bank this week and just go with 3 transfers ahead of the blank. Doing 4 transfers with get me 9 players but I don't want to -8 the week of GW29

Looking at getting in Auba, Son and an other will leave me with:

Martinez

White - Coufal

Raphinha - Son - Auba -

-- Kane -- Bamford

I brought in Auba, forgot about Europa league tonight, oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I have Holding who seems to have lost his spot. Wanted rid but it's probably best to hang on until after 29 as selling him before that seems risky.

I currently have 7 if I include him for GW29. -4 this week and next will get me to 11 but I think 9 or 10 playing will be more than enough to keep pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Interested to know posters use of chips and points total from GW18 till now.
    I have got 803 points over the last 10 gws. I wildcarded in gw 18 , bench boost in gw 19 and TC in gw 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

I have 2 transfers if I only make 1 does that mean I will have 2 again next week? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mairtmairt wrote: »
    I have 2 transfers if I only make 1 does that mean I will have 2 again next week? Thanks

Yep.

I have got 803 points over the last 10 gws. I wildcarded in gw 18 , bench boost in gw 19 and TC in gw 26.

835 points for last 10 GWS. A rise form 55,000 into the top 1000. Probably the best period I've ever had playing this game, so much gone my way. Extremely satisfying after a few years in the doldrums
    FH in 18
    BB in 19
    TC 26

Gone from 67k to 6k.

I Free Hit in GW18, used TC in GW19 and BBed in GW26.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

773 points. Free hit gw 18, wildcard gw 26. Took a -8 in gw19. Apart from that no hits. Still TC and BB left. Up from 912k to 155k.

WC gw2 - did well on it if I remember gained me 40 points

TC gw19 - not so good 8*3 from KDB (had sterling as well the game where he took the pen and miss - KDB would have got assist plus bonus if he scored. Had no Stones/Dias/Gundogan so do not move up in OR much.

WC gw24 - it has gone really superbly well for me since the overall - treble Burnley defence did well and had Lowton

BB gw26 - did not go very well 20 points. 12 from which from Martinez - Leeds lads let me down. It was pointed out to me I would have played Martinez in a normal gw anyway and not Pope so it was really 10 points.

I got 602 points in the last 10 gws

1.5m OR - to 530k

Most of those 10 gameweeks were treading water until I WC'd gw24

You must be flying ya fecker 803 points!?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

What's people thoughts on Wildcarding this week rather than waiting til GW30 or 31 if planning on using the Free Hit chip in GW29?

I understand it's a bit of injury/covid roulette with the international break coming up but there's some favourable games this week that I feel it's just worth pulling the trigger on.

• Advertisement

BB gw26 - did not go very well 20 points. 12 from which from Martinez - Leeds lads let me down. It was pointed out to me I would have played Martinez in a normal gw anyway and not Pope so it was really 10 points.

A 20 point BB is good if not very good.

I feel people have way too high expectations for that chip when the average score for the chip is usually 14 to 18 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Only have 758 with Free hit used in GW19 and BB used in GW26 - Free hit got me a solid 56 which was good in the gameweek and I got 26 points off my bench boost

but 758 still feels low considering I have had one 100+ score and 4 90+ scores over the last 10 weeks.

At least I still have my wildcard and my triple captain

Rank gain 418k up to 158k. Steady progress :)

763 points.

I’ve only used Treble Captain so far. It was a 5 point failure on Salah in the most recent DGW.

My figures would have looked a lot comparatively better before this week where I’ve had an absolute stinker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

GW 18 FH - 55
    GW 19 BB - 129 (-4)
    GW 26 TC - 89

Left 57 points on the bench over GWKS 22/23. Making it 101 points on bench over last 7 rounds.

340k -> 35k

Pick the right bench, overall rank would be around 1k.

Suppose everyone got captain hindsight stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

When Are folks useing last of there chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

720 using FH in 18 & BB in 26
    Have went from 387k>352k so stagnated really, still top 4 in ML(1st has ran away over the last 10 gw, going from 617k>64k)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Missed lots of captains along the way. Took some hits to attack the DGWs that didn't pay off.

GW 18: TC wasted on Salah for 4x3

GW 26: WC2

Went up from 380k to 195k.

Chips Remaining:
    Free Hit and Bench Boost remaining don't know when I'll be using them.

I have enough to see me through GW29 with 2 Free transfers will take me up to 8 players, will probably take a -4 in GW29 to gamble on PEA or Bale, or go safe with Son.

Have felt like things have dragged on in the last 10 GWs and very surprised that my OR rank has nearly halved. It's not something I pay much attention to.

I've been threading water in mini-leagues and not hitting any major captain hauls especially in the DGWs has stopped me from catching a couple of rivals and pulling away from others in other leagues.

Summary:

Meh season, looking forward to it ending to be truthful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭onrail

redarmy wrote: »

Just the FH and TC left. Can't see any obvious alternative to a FH in 29 and TC on Harry whenever Spurs have their DGW coming up.

There is a scenario where I could end up using mine 3 weeks in a row. FH 29, BB 30, WC 31.

BB and WC are not set in stone just yet and when the April fixtures are announced and the FA Cup has played out, I might decide there are better times for these than the scenarios I've already looked at.

• Advertisement

771 for me.

Burned the FH in GW18 for a shocking 44 points.

Swiftly followed by setting fire to the TC chip in GW19 on Salah.

Still have the WC and BB ready to strike like lightly coiled doughnuts

BB when I see a week that has favourable fixtures, I haven't had a playing sub goalie for most of the season but I do now so the option is open. TC on Kane most likely when they have their double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

claw wrote: »
    BB when I see a week that has favourable fixtures, I haven't had a playing sub goalie for most of the season but I do now so the option is open. TC on Kane most likely when they have their double.

GW30 is working out well for my team so probably gonna BB that week. A lot of teams with games in 29 have nice GW30 fixtures too

Martinez (FUL)
    Meslier (SHU)

Digne (CRY)
    Regulion (new)
    Cancelo (lei)
    Aine (avl)
    DAllas (SHU)

KDB (lei)
    Son (new)
    Bruno (BRI)
    Lingard (wol)
    Grealish (?) (FUL)

DCL (CRY)
    BAmford (SHU)
    Watkins (FUL

Shedite27 wrote: »
    GW30 is working out well for my team so probably gonna BB that week. A lot of teams with games in 29 have nice GW30 fixtures too

Martinez (FUL)
    Meslier (SHU)

Digne (CRY)
    Regulion (new)
    Cancelo (lei)
    Aine (avl)
    DAllas (SHU)

KDB (lei)
    Son (new)
    Bruno (BRI)
    Lingard (wol)
    Grealish (?) (FUL)

DCL (CRY)
    BAmford (SHU)
    Watkins (FUL

Think you are right, I plan on having 9/10 for GW 29 and the fixtures are kind for the week after. Would love it if Grealish was fit as I want to get him in. Looks like we won't know he is back until we see his name on a teamsheet the way it is going!

I will have all mine used by gw29. After that I figured it is around that period many teams will be 'on the beach'.

So midtable teams become difficult to predict how they will play - no pressure.
    Man City can rotate even more, Liverpool focusing on Europe?

Teams I will be looking at is West Ham outside chance of champions league places. Fulham who seem to be the form team of the relegation battlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

740 using FH in 18 & BB in 26
    Have went from 873k>428k although it was 324K before the clusterf**k that was GW27!

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    771 for me.

Burned the FH in GW18 for a shocking 44 points.

Swiftly followed by setting fire to the TC chip in GW19 on Salah.

Still have the WC and BB ready to strike like lightly coiled doughnuts

Should have added that I've gone from 193K to 54K in that period as well....not bad I guess but feel like I'm stagnant now again tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Talk of a mega dgw to allow fans in to a home match once restrictions are lifted, could be 37 or 38. Might hold my Wildcard and bench boost now.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56381482

patmac wrote: »
    Talk of a mega dgw to allow fans in to a home match once restrictions are lifted, could be 37 or 38. Might hold my Wildcard and bench boost now.
    Would keep the bench boost for it aswell. Not so sure about the wildcard if everyone has a DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

patmac wrote: »

If a whole gameweek moves won’t they just move that gameweeks start date too?

If a whole gameweek moves won’t they just move that gameweeks start date too?

I feel like we’ll know about this post-international break. Which is fine, considering GW29 isn’t something people are gonna overhaul their plans for now anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement