Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The more I look at it, the more I think that free hit in the single gameweek isn’t much of a big gainer for someone with anything like a template team.

The likes of City, Spurs and Villa have probably been the most profitable teams to own players from. City maybe least of the 3 but look at those fixtures. Lots of people will have the likes of Lamptey, Wilson and DCL also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have 4 for the BGW and 26 for the DGW as of right now. Free hit makes the most sense for me.

But I have no City, Lamptey or Wilson either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rikand wrote: »
    I have 4 for the BGW and 26 for the DGW as of right now. Free hit makes the most sense for me.

But I have no City, Lamptey or Wilson either

Easy enough choice for you then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    The more I look at it, the more I think that free hit in the single gameweek isn’t much of a big gainer for someone with anything like a template team.

The likes of City, Spurs and Villa have probably been the most profitable teams to own players from. City maybe least of the 3 but look at those fixtures. Lots of people will have the likes of Lamptey, Wilson and DCL also.

Similar to Rikand, I only have 5 - Cancelo, Son, Grealish, Wilson and DCL currently, and there's a lot of players I'd like to take a punt on for one week from that list in GW18 (Aguero, Aubumyng, De Bruyne, Kane, Zaha etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I am thinking bench boost for DGW - spurs city only place but easy fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am looking at options there seems to be a lot of variety. Firmino or two cheap Leeds fellas. Or a few Burnley fellas. Man U fellas, lots of West Ham options. Plus can throw in Man City and Spurs.

After all these Doubles and that I think there is going to be a big difference in scores I think? Surely all of them will not start?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

Does your sub goalie count in Bench Boost? Prob a stupid Q but want to make sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

mairtmairt wrote: »
    Does your sub goalie count in Bench Boost? Prob a stupid Q but want to make sure?

It does ye

mairtmairt wrote: »

It does, to be hoenst it's the one spot on my team I'm struggling to find a name tho. Is there any keeper less than 5m you'd fancy to keep even one clean sheet? Meselier has the nicest fixures, but the worst defence in front of him. Johnstone to hope that Big Sam sorts them out? Fabinaski and Pope are just outside budget for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It does, to be hoenst it's the one spot on my team I'm struggling to find a name tho. Is there any keeper less than 5m you'd fancy to keep even one clean sheet? Meselier has the nicest fixures, but the worst defence in front of him. Johnstone to hope that Big Sam sorts them out? Fabinaski and Pope are just outside budget for me.

McCarthy all day long,

• Advertisement

skippy15 wrote: »
    McCarthy all day long,

Away to Leicester and Leeds? Be doing well to keep either of those scoreless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If I bring in Johnstone, Cresswell/KWP and Adams for the DGW it gives me 11 DGW players. My bench would be Johnstone, Cresswell, Burke, Davis. I could bench boost but it’s only 2 DGWr 1 SGWRs and 1 non playing. Not the worst but also not sure if it’s worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sheroman01 wrote: »
    If I bring in Johnstone, Cresswell/KWP and Adams for the DGW it gives me 11 DGW players. My bench would be Johnstone, Cresswell, Burke, Davis. I could bench boost but it’s only 2 DGWr 1 SGWRs and 1 non playing. Not the worst but also not sure if it’s worth it.

It’s 5 matches. More then you would get on a single GW. 8 is the max. Is -4 worth getting the extra game or 2? If it’s a playing 60minute player, 2 points nullifies the -4 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

My plan fwiw: 7 for the SGW including 2 Spurs, 2 City. Sub out 2 of those for the DGW leaving me 10 DGWers and a bench boost for that to keep the City and Spurs guys whose single game looks good (Palace, Sheff Utd)

Marries the two well, keeps the big chips and leaves you ok after GW 19 with the schedule imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So with my first wildcard used and my free hit used is my best bet for gw18 to build slowly over the next few weeks to have 11 players and then use my second wildcard for gw19? Or is there an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Building towards having 13 players for DGW and use bench boost that gamewk. Have 7 players currently that will have a double gamewk after doing my transfers for this gamewk.

I will use the free hit for the blank game wk.

Trip capt and wildcard left for another time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It’s 5 matches. More then you would get on a single GW. 8 is the max. Is -4 worth getting the extra game or 2? If it’s a playing 60minute player, 2 points nullifies the -4 hit.

Such a good point. Looks like I’ll aim for that so. Does it look like many people will be using TC for this DGW? I haven’t seen many mention it but maybe it’s just something I haven’t noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Does it look like many people will be using TC for this DGW? I haven’t seen many mention it but maybe it’s just something I haven’t noticed.

A lot will use it on Salah I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Best forward and mid for a combined £17.5m for the DGW?

Already have Bruno, Salah, Wood and Bamford.

I'm nearly there with transfers for a DGW 11. Not playing bench boost as I didn't fancy the cheap players with 2 games. Although a few better options seem to be emerging now with WBA defence like Gibbs and Johnstone now viable.

Will FH18 and have 10 doubles plus Son for 19 (may be tempted to shift him too yet).

Keeping BB for just after wildcard whenever I play it. TC might be an option for 19 yet. Anyone planning on using it?

FHFC wrote: »

Keeping BB for just after wildcard whenever I play it. TC might be an option for 19 yet. Anyone planning on using it?

I might be forced into it as I did not plan to WC or BB. Next week will likely have 8 playing players plus Brewster. Was going to have 5/6 DGW players and have three man city and two spurs. Now covid19 has put it all up in the air.

• Advertisement

Best forward and mid for a combined £17.5m for the DGW?

Already have Bruno, Salah, Wood and Bamford.

I'm nearly there with transfers for a DGW 11. Not playing bench boost as I didn't fancy the cheap players with 2 games. Although a few better options seem to be emerging now with WBA defence like Gibbs and Johnstone now viable.

Will FH18 and have 10 doubles plus Son for 19 (may be tempted to shift him too yet).

Bowen/Soucek and Kane? West Ham's fixtures look great.

Bowen/Soucek and Kane? West Ham's fixtures look great.

Yeah I kinda has to involve West Ham really. I've Fabianski in goal from them only so far.

Its probably the last forward spot thats up for grabs. Not convinced by double spurs though. Could afford Vardy. Could also afford a mid up to 11.5 if i went for a 442.

If Antonio got back he'd be tempting too, but probably too risky to play both in 19 even if he does come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

With what we have seen this GW with the city game called off so late, do you think there is a risk by having 2/3 players from the one team for a DGW or even the SGW (you'll have some teams that will have 3 from city, spurs etc), as oppose to spreading out the players allocations from the 20 teams?

It's probably highly likely the Man City v Everton game goes into GW19 now isn't it? Changes things considerably if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It's probably highly likely the Man City v Everton game goes into GW19 now isn't it? Changes things considerably if so.

In terms of TV times you'd have to think it be Monday 18th at 18:00 or Thursday 21st at 18:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

In terms of TV times you'd have to think it be Monday 18th at 18:00 or Thursday 21st at 18:00

Would have to be the Thursday. City are playing on the 17th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Benimar wrote: »

Yeh good call didn't notice that. Makes sense

Fecks every up for me fpl wise. But to be honest I feel like a bit of a git being annoyed about it. As they could be lying in bed gasping for air!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Any idea at all when they could confirm that? Would love to know before the deadline for gw 17 with 2 FT that need to be used before FH in gw 18

• Advertisement

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Any idea at all when they could confirm that? Would love to know before the deadline for gw 17 with 2 FT that need to be used before FH in gw 18

No idea tbh.

The other thing to look out for is, if the Carabao Cup SF is postponed, would Burnley v Man U be played in GW17?

I won’t be making any transfers until Friday, that’s for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

No idea tbh.

The other thing to look out for is, if the Carabao Cup SF is postponed, would Burnley v Man U be played in GW17?

I won’t be making any transfers until Friday, that’s for sure!

The league cup SF can be played at any time really. The final has already been delayed to April 25th. And it's only
    one leg now so it can be fit into any slot before April 17th ish.

Fitz* wrote: »
    The league cup SF can be played at any time really. The final has already been delayed to April 25th. And it's only
    one leg now so it can be fit into any slot before April 17th ish.

Yes, and if it is postponed next week, it opens up the possibility of Burnley v Man U being played in GW17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Yes, and if it is postponed next week, it opens up the possibility of Burnley v Man U being played in GW17

Man Utd would be happy enough to get Burnley game played you would imagine.

Antonio played 15 minutes today.

If he was looking likely to paly 60+ in the two games of DGW19 I'd be all over him.

Moyes talked about needing to be careful but also how they are struggling for goals without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If he was looking likely to paly 60+ in the two games of DGW19 I'd be all over him.

Moyes talked about needing to be careful but also how they are struggling for goals without him.

Ya I'm tempted too, going to wait and see how he goes against Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm reluctant to use any chips now as there could be multiple games cancelled for each gw

siblers wrote: »
    I'm reluctant to use any chips now as there could be multiple games cancelled for each gw

Same might as well try and just use transfers at this stage. The time to use the second wildcard seemed to be last week. And I have missed the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

The time to use the second wildcard seemed to be last week.

:confused:

COH wrote: »
    :confused:

Could you not use the second wildcard last gameweek?

Could you not use the second wildcard last gameweek?

It was the first wildcard that you had to use by last GW. the 2nd WC can be used from now until end of the season.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It was the first wildcard that you had to use by last GW. the 2nd WC can be used from now until end of the season.

Ah right I don't feel so bad now. For some reason I had in my head the second wildcard could have been used this gameweek. Crossed wires.

I would say he would slowly increase his time to 30 mins then 45mins?
    When I was watching the West Ham game. It was noticeable that the commentator picked up that Antonio did not make a run like he normally would have when he had to close down quickly.

Ah right I don't feel so bad now. For some reason I had in my head the second wildcard could have been used this gameweek. Crossed wires.

Even if it could, i don't see how it would have been the time to play it?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Even if it could, i don't see how it would have been the time to play it?

To set up a team for the DGW's etc. It is what people with the first wildcard have done.
    At the moment I am on 10 points. Those who wildcarded are mostly 20/30 points ahead of me already.

siblers wrote: »

Thinking the same, but th to at I've played it till now I only have 2 likely starters for 18 so im pretty much locked in to my FH unfortunately.

Thinking the same, but th to at I've played it till now I only have 2 likely starters for 18 so im pretty much locked in to my FH unfortunately.

I’m the same as you. Locked now for FH GW18.. no turning back.

I’m the same as you. Locked now for FH GW18.. no turning back.

I’ll be using the FH too, but will wait till the last possible moment to activate it...just in case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

This is probably better suited to this thread lads

My team is in a heap
    0.0 itb and 2 FT’s but think I’ll use a hit this week to set towards 18 FH and 19 BB if I can

Johnstone Button
    KWP Justin Taylor (inj) Lindelof (inj) Lamptey (inj)
    Salah Bruno KDB Grealish Gordon
    Kane Wilson Barnes

Defenders are my immediate concern. Will probably bring Dallas in. Maybe for Lamptey also Gordon as bench fodder hasn’t been my best move and Grealish seems the easiest way to free up funds. Looking at Souchek in as he’s been going well also has a double

Any advice from others as to what they would do?

So 17 transfers inc hit
    18 FH
    19 use a transfer to ensure all players (probably button) are transfered too players who play and use BB

This is probably better suited to this thread lads

My team is in a heap
    0.0 itb and 2 FT’s but think I’ll use a hit this week to set towards 18 FH and 19 BB if I can

Johnstone Button
    KWP Justin Taylor (inj) Lindelof (inj) Lamptey (inj)
    Salah Bruno KDB Grealish Gordon
    Kane Wilson Barnes

Defenders are my immediate concern. Will probably bring Dallas in. Maybe for Lamptey also Gordon as bench fodder hasn’t been my best move and Grealish seems the easiest way to free up funds. Looking at Souchek in as he’s been going well also has a double

Any advice from others as to what they would do?

So 17 transfers inc hit
    18 FH
    19 use a transfer to ensure all players (probably button) are transfered too players who play and use BB

Not sure on the status of your injuries but I’d be looking at Lindelof to Pieters, Lamptey to Dallas.

If you are not BBin DGW19 then you are not in too bad of a state.

If BB I would be looking at getting rid of one of your premiums (Kane/KdB) and spreading some of the cash over the next 2 GWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Not sure on the status of your injuries but I’d be looking at Lindelof to Pieters, Lamptey to Dallas.

If you are not BBin DGW19 then you are not in too bad of a state.

If BB I would be looking at getting rid of one of your premiums (Kane/KdB) and spreading some of the cash over the next 2 GWs.

My team is a mess really but I don’t want to play my WC to solve so need some hits to fix. Don’t know should I just bite the bullet and go -8 this week with 4 transfers of the outfield players and do the gk transfer in 19 or tease it out to set for
    FH in 18
    BB in 19

The 2 Defensive transfers are ones I think I’ll do.

Was looking to get rid of Grealish and Gordon and go with Soucek & Martinelli (or another approx 6.0)
    And then McCarthy in for button for the DGW/BB

5 transfers needed so thinking maybe

GW17 -4 to complete 3 of them
    GW18 FH
    GW 19 -4 & BB with something like

Johnstone McCarthy
    KWP Justin Taylor Dallas Pieters
    KDW Bruno Salah Soucek (6.0)
    Kane Wilson Barnes

If I was to move Kane/KDB I’d need the same amount of work I think tho??

• Advertisement
Advertisement