Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I guarantee this double game week Mahrez will rip up a monster score!!!

It’ll be so Riyad Mahrez like

Just looked... is John Stones nailed?

5 clean sheets in 6 for City. He played the 5 with cleanies & missed the one they conceded (to West Brom).

I’ve 15.4m to spend on a GK , defender & midfielder with this week & DGW19 in mind (FH GW18).

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Benimar wrote: »
    You won’t get 3 games out of Aguero in 8 days. I’d look to turn Son into KDB or Sterling.

Yeah I was thinking the same...

Barnes to Soucek
    Son to Sterling
    Aguero to Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I was having a look there I could get 14 DGW plus Dier with a -8. but it would mean having no Man United and bringing in Leeds players who I wish I had last gameweek.

In my case I think going TC on one of the Man City players and getting eleven DGW players or 10 plus Dier seems the best. Plus hope that the TC works out and covers those who BB.

Loads of options depending on how people's teams are set.

I'm pretty much the same as you, it would take - 8 to get a good bench so I like triple captain.

I'd also be worried about more postposted games, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that. A couple of postponed games from the same team could mess up bench boosts. It's a big risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much the same as you, it would take - 8 to get a good bench so I like triple captain.

I'd also be worried about more postposted games, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that. A couple of postponed games from the same team could mess up bench boosts. It's a big risk.

Having more than 2 players in any game is a risk, but who know what will happen before GW18. I hope the PL continues but with the rising case in England, i just can't see how they can allow games to continue if the England get to 100k cases a day. The PL set a precedence in cancelling games hours before kick-off.

Footballers are paid enough money and clubs are rich enough that they should be able to control the situation, but when they know the PL will just cancel games, and their players are not the smartest they just let them do what they please - we end up in this situation.

Chesty08 wrote: »

5 clean sheets in 6 for City. He played the 5 with cleanies & missed the one they conceded (to West Brom).

I’ve 15.4m to spend on a GK , defender & midfielder with this week & DGW19 in mind (FH GW18).

Any suggestions?

I’ve exactly enough for DeGea, Stones & Soucek.

Looks like Stones is rising tonight! Not sure what to do as I don’t want double City for Chelsea away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nailed.... Man City...... LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think you are making a very good point. Have made steps to set up a bit better for the double game week but it might make sense to not play bench boost until later in the year when there might be more certainty about games not being postponed. Not decided if the DGW is best for it myself yet and happy enough just to have brought in a few more players with two games and will see how my bench looks before making my mind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Imagine City and Aguero from 2 years ago - and those 3 games city have over GW18/19 - Brighton, Palace and Villa, teams be ripped up to get him in. Sadly his injury record, coupled with Pep roulette and his price tag will put many off.

Aguero will always be my favourite fantasy asset. What a legend at his best

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Nailed.... Man City...... LOL

I know lol !! But 5 out of 6 is some return for a City player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

You never played pep roulette !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    You never played pep roulette !

I've been playing since 2016......

815163.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I know lol !! But 5 out of 6 is some return for a City player.

Him, since he started playing, and Cancelo seem to only miss the very odd game. Dias plays every game it seems. Their defence is surprisingly crazy rotation free. It's also on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

dsmythy wrote: »
    Him, since he started playing, and Cancelo seem to only miss the very odd game. Dias plays every game it seems. Their defence is surprisingly crazy rotation free. It's also on fire.

Looks like KDB, Dias and Cancelo is the “safest” Man City triple up for the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

thunderdog wrote: »
    Looks like KDB, Dias and Cancelo is the “safest” Man City triple up for the DGW

Only issue might be Aguero's return. I know he's way up front but who knows how Pep imagines the defence playing with Aguero's presence in mind and which players will achieve that for him.

Fwiw there is some crazy rumours flying around that Kyle Walker hosted a Xmas party and that’s how players/staff contracted Covid.

Didn’t think much of it but The Mirror have ran this story in last half hour...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/married-premier-league-star-breaks-23246407.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Cancelo would be even more nailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Fwiw there is some crazy rumours flying around that Kyle Walker hosted a Xmas party and that’s how players/staff contracted Covid.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/married-premier-league-star-breaks-23246407.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sounds like something he'd exactly do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

siblers wrote: »
    Sounds like something he'd exactly do

Surely only an "idiot" would do that ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Jesus wasn't he already caught out with hookers or something during the pandemic. Like to **** up once is bad enough but twice.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah, that is at the back of my mind as well. Bench boosts could quickly become a waste.
    I have looked again what I could do with my team to get a decent BB team. But it would still cost me a -8.
    The -8 would be likely cancelling out any half decent bench boost anyway.

Keeping Ferguson and Brewster for me with Martinez/Johnstone on the bench with one of Justin/Dier as the other option seems OK. With no -4's.

--
    --

I was wondering what people's opinion on Justin v Dier is gw 19? I will have to bench one. Dier seems like a locked on 6 points v Sheff United. But Justin could concede in both games Chelsea and Southampton. However, Justin has assist potential.

Also If you had to start only one goalkeeper no bench boost between Martinez and Johnstone. Wolves (a Derby) and West Ham (Hardly goal hungry teams) v West Brom looked like the better choice? Martinez has Man City and Everton.

For Gw 17 my team will be the following

Martinez (Johnstone)
    -
    Justin, Robertson, Dier (Cancelo, Ferguson)
    -
    Son, Salah, Soucek, KDB, Sterling
    -
    Watkins, Wilson (Brewster)

I will likely go Rashford in for Son gw19 and Rodrigo in for Wilson two Frees.
    Gambling on a 2-4-3 for gw18

Sorry for the long post- I am thinking it through!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Jayus :eek:. and there I was yesterday, getting a great kick out of Robertson getting the three bonus points. So I survived in the boards last man standing.
    Walker does not seem so easily pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Anyone considering Firmino for Pools DGW

Dubliner28 wrote: »

He is too pricey for me to get as most of my cash in in midfield and defence.
    But he looked like he was in hard luck in the last few games. I think I would only make a move like that if I was having a good season, and could afford a bit of a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The one I heard was that it was a Brazilian thing. Apparently David Luiz has a big Brazilian PL community where he has all the families and friends over every week. It’s great when a new Brazilian player lands in the PL but he had a big Christmas party a few weeks back, Gabriel, Ederson and a few more have caught it from that.

Obviously WhatsApp rumours has been about 95% bull**** this year so massive pinch of salt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It’s all over Twitter that 19 players attended and 11 now have Covid. Kyle Walker trending at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Given the multiple sources I’d say there is a lot of truth in the Kyle Walker story.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The one I heard was that it was a Brazilian thing. Apparently David Luiz has a big Brazilian PL community where he has all the families and friends over every week. It’s great when a new Brazilian player lands in the PL but he had a big Christmas party a few weeks back, Gabriel, Ederson and a few more have caught it from that.

Obviously WhatsApp rumours has been about 95% bull**** this year so massive pinch of salt

This sounds creditable given the nationalities involved in Covid. Jesus being the city one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Who are the most nailed West Ham defenders?

FHFC wrote: »

Cresswell, Ogbonna and Coufal will always start if fit and available.

Balbuena makes up the 4 but he’s missed a couple recently with sickness or an unreported injury, from memory. It may have also been a precaution.

The game Coufal missed was because his bird had a bairn.

Balbuena makes up the 4 but he’s missed a couple recently with sickness or an unreported injury, from memory. It may have also been a precaution.

Balbuena the only one I can afford.... :(

• Advertisement

If true and can be proved, Walker should have the book thrown at him. If i remember correctly and it is his second transgression of the pandemic, sacking should be considered IMO.

Cresswell would be the fella I would want to get in straight away. Assist potential and maybe even the odd clean sheet. Ogbonna, Coufal and Balbaeuna after that.

Degag wrote: »
    If true and can be proved, Walker should have the book thrown at him. If i remember correctly and it is his second transgression of the pandemic, sacking should be considered IMO.

I doubt they would sack him he is a valuable commodity. So they would at least have to pretend they want to keep him so his value does not drop.

Mutu when he was banned from football for Cocaine use when a Chelsea player, is the only one I can think of where a club got rid of a player (he was banned from playing football worldwide for 7 months).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Mutu#Breach_of_contract_issue

However, Chelsea was compensated by Mutu for Breach Of Contract.

Balbuena the only one I can afford.... :(

I own him and would have no problem starting him this GW.

I think he’s as nailed as the other 3 but he’s just been a wee bit more delicate.

I own him and would have no problem starting him this GW.

I think he’s as nailed as the other 3 but he’s just been a wee bit more delicate.

Reading up a bit there. Dawson was MOTM for them in his absence so he's under some pressure. Went for Lowton instead. Worst DGW fixtures but should be a safer bet. Frees me up to get Soucek or Antonio for the double.

I doubt they would sack him he is a valuable commodity. So they would at least have to pretend they want to keep him so his value does not drop.

Mutu when he was banned from football for Cocaine use when a Chelsea player, is the only one I can think of where a club got rid of a player (he was banned from playing football worldwide for 7 months).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Mutu#Breach_of_contract_issue

However, Chelsea was compensated by Mutu for Breach Of Contract.

Ah yeah, it was slightly tongue in check.

Just think he deserves a significant punishment if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Dubliner28 wrote: »

I was seriously considering getting him in last gw for a 3 week punt. I wanted to shift dcl but banked the transfer.
    In the end (this gw) I went for martial with the news Cavani is banned and I wanted the extra money to get Dallas and johnstone in for dgw 19 bench boost

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Just checking my team for gw 18 and I have 7 players:

Martinez
    Cancelo
    Dias
    Fernandez
    Son
    Grealish
    Martial

Is that worth a free hit?? To get five more in.

I’m thinking it might be better to save the free hit for another big dgw

FYI I’ll have 14 dgw players for gw 19 so playing BB for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Just checking my team for gw 18 and I have 7 players:

Martinez
    Cancelo
    Dias
    Fernandez
    Son
    Grealish
    Martial

Is that worth a free hit?? To get five more in.

I’m thinking it might be better to save the free hit for another big dgw

FYI I’ll have 14 dgw players for gw 19 so playing BB for that

Yeah I am thinking of holding now

Targett, Dias

KDB, Fernandes, Son, Grealish

DCL, Watkins?

Is it worth a FH to add an extra City\Rashford and a few Arsenal?
    Probably not

Coufal bit is not true. It was the game before and he played. He was on the bench for the next. Don’t think it was related to the baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Coufal bit is not true. It was the game before and he played. He was on the bench for the next. Don’t think it was related to the baby

It might be though. To give a rather stupid example, once the baby is born the dads job is done for a few days as the kids stays in hospital, and likely restricted visits for him. The rest might have coincided with the baby coming home, him missing training due to this etc.

I know I worked the three days after my first child was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Had been building towards FH in 18 and having strong team for the DGW in 19, sold DCL and Grealish recently as part of this. Gain 3 players with the rearranged Utd/Bur game so that brings me up to 7 but includes Burke and Taylor who may be injured so think I'll still FH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Ive 1 FT now with this current squad

Pope (Meslier)
    Dier Cancelo Robbo (Ogbonna, Coufal)
    Mahrez Salah Bruno (Soucek)
    Adams Wilson Bamford

Im planning on FH in 18 due to only having 5 starters but for GW19 i want to do 2 transfers Salah>KDB & Wilson>Cavani.

What i want to know is if I keep my FT this week what happens to it when i use my FH or am I best off making a transfer before todays deadline?

markc91 wrote: »

Pope (Meslier)
    Adams Wilson Bamford

Im planning on FH in 18 due to only having 5 starters but for GW19 i want to do 2 transfers Salah>KDB & Wilson>Cavani.

What i want to know is if I keep my FT this week what happens to it when i use my FH or am I best off making a transfer before todays deadline?

Your transfer won’t carry over. You’ll have 1 FT for DGW19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

markc91 wrote: »

Pope (Meslier)
    Adams Wilson Bamford

Cavani banned for 3 matches so might be better to leave wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can get 7 out without a hit. Torn to go ahead with my FH plan or hold

I think with United added in, it’s actually not a bad gameweek for fixtures now.

I’m after getting blessed with yesterday’s update. 1 extra player for GW18 and 5 extra DGWers for GW19.

I’d consider the FH rather than taking a hit and potentially ruining some of your 19 joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Islander13 wrote: »
    Done Salah>KDB by the time GW18 comes around Cavanis 3 game ban should be finished so that will be my GW19 transfer after the 18 FH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Only 1 of those are league games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Only one league game so doesn't effect the game much and if anything might make him more likely to get more league game time possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Can get 7 out for the BGW without a hit. Torn to go ahead with my FH plan or hold. Would have preferred the fixture change not to have happened. Currently:

Pope, Johnstone
    Dallas, Robertson, Justin, Balbuena, Cancelo
    Salah, Son, Soucek, Fernandes, Raphinha
    Adams, Bamford, Wood

Would then go Salah to KDB
    Adams to Watkins

If Stones was nailed I'd get him in too for Justin for a hit

Advertisement