Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mairtmairt

I’m free hitting for GW 18 has only have 4 players playing. My Q is can you do it gradually ie make 6transfers today then add another 3 before deadline or does it have be all done in 1 go? If has be done in 1 go will leave as close to deadline as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

mairtmairt wrote: »
    I’m free hitting for GW 18 has only have 4 players playing. My Q is can you do it gradually ie make 6transfers today then add another 3 before deadline or does it have be all done in 1 go? If has be done in 1 go will leave as close to deadline as possible

Think it’s like the wildcard.. once it’s active, you can make as many transfers as you like.. have mine active also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Going to hold off until the weekend is over. Then I'll free hit most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lanzini was at a party with Le Celsco and Lamela and Reguilion . There was an outbreak of Covid at the party. Lanzini tested negative yesterday and so played last night but he could still have it and if he does, it means West Ham and Everton could all be ****ed with Covid.

Fecking dopes breaking their bubbles. Such idiotic behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Using FH in GW18 means losing so much team value with GW19 being two weeks away. But I guess you just have to take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Using FH in GW18 means losing so much team value with GW19 being two weeks away. But I guess you just have to take it.

These long gaps between gameweeks are always quiet for transfers and price rises. It’s the same for international breaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

siblers wrote: »
    Lanzini was at a party with Le Celsco and Lamela and Reguilion . There was an outbreak of Covid at the party. Lanzini tested negative yesterday and so played last night but he could still have it and if he does, it means West Ham and Everton could all be ****ed with Covid.

Equally frustrating that they're well paid for their talents. This includes not tempting the spread of disease in a pandemic which may affect your team's chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

siblers wrote: »

FWIW, from following NFL where this has happened a few times this year, there has been no instances of on field infection, and they get quite close and personal with each other. I wouldn’t be overly concern about Everton, obviously West Ham are a greater risk if it has spread in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Going to hold off until the weekend is over. Then I'll free hit most likely.

With EFL SFs involving City, Utd and Spurs, a full round of FA Cup matches, COVID and the possibility of a ‘circuit breaker’ in the PL, I won’t be hitting the button until Tuesday week. Not worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Agree.

I wouldn't panic just to try to use BB in DGW19. And given the chaos and uncertainty at the moment the wildcard could be worth holding.

I certainly wouldn't play the wildcard just so you can BB in 19 personally.

As Chesty said if you don't plan on BB in 19 you're not too bad and could have a strong DGW eleven with a hit or two.

My team is a bit of a disaster and I've been working towards a DGW19 eleven while using hits to fix it a bit. I'm already broken even or up points from four -4s in the last 5 weeks and will have 10 or 11 DGWers in 19

In the interest of transparency and full disclosure I've since activated my wildcard and intend to BB in DGW19.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ElTel wrote: »
    I think the FH would be overkill.
    Perhaps if your thinking ahead to losing Son and Wilson for 2 DGW players (say) you could free up some added cash by downgrading Dias to Stones.

Maybe if Randolph (4.4M) is gonna play BB comes into the picture for you but needs at least an extra transfer/hit.

Cheers, not a fan of losing Dias though. Will take a break from it for two weeks and then come back to it with fresh eyes and more info maybe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Far more negatives than positives to Free Hitting now rather than just before the deadline. Pick a team you are happy with now but leave .2 or .3 in the bank for contingency and all should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bench boost in 19 is getting more ropey now with all the cancelled games post-deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Degag wrote: »
    Far more negatives than positives to Free Hitting now rather than just before the deadline. Pick a team you are happy with now but leave .2 or .3 in the bank for contingency and all should be good.

Been preparing for weeks for free hit and bench boost the following week, so much so that I’m down to having just 5 players for next week. I’ll have to use the free hit next week, but very nervous about using bench boost the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The BGW is a disaster really - even if you have 9 players - games getting cancelled and city players rotation risks, could leave ya with 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,963 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The BGW is a disaster really - even if you have 9 players - games getting cancelled and city players rotation risks, could leave ya with 6.

Yeah concentrating on that Man City midfield of Sterling and KDB has really backfired on me. I honestly thought an upsurge was in form was coming. But with possible rotation and games called off it has gone the opposite way.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Question: if you were to pick a cheap forward (besides Rodrigo) for DGW19 who would you pick?

One of these West Brom ones:

Robinson, Grant, Austin v West Ham and Wolves

OR

Decordova-Reid v Man Utd and Chelsea

OR

Welbeck v Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Question: if you were to pick a cheap forward (besides Rodrigo) for DGW19 who would you pick?

OR

OR

Welbeck v Leeds

Do you want any long term? If not I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

OR

OR

Welbeck v Leeds

Could you stretch to Antonio? Otherwise I wouldn't bother tbh!

Do you want any long term? If not I wouldn't bother.

No it would be just trying to squeeze in a DGW player or basically a better one than Brewster.

My other alternative is dumping Robertson, doubling up on West Ham defence and double leeds attack for a -8 Bench boost. I have been trying to figure it out for the last few days. Keep going from no bench boost - TC. To bench boost -8.

Even considered getting rid of Salah for Fernandes. But I think I would have to wait the week after for that. No doubt whatever I do it will be shoulda,woulda, coulda.

• Advertisement

Could you stretch to Antonio? Otherwise I wouldn't bother tbh!

Nope I will end up having to scratch around for a really cheap defender, or going without Salah. Rashford instead of Salah and getting a Chelsea defender.

It is the west ham defenders I think who will do the best over the DGW? Maybe that route is the best instead.

So what 3 Newcastle defenders are people choosing for the Free Hit team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Wilson would be a better shout IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I am surprised there is not more in the free hit drafts. I’m going for at least one of not two along with Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Nope I will end up having to scratch around for a really cheap defender, or going without Salah. Rashford instead of Salah and getting a Chelsea defender.

It is the west ham defenders I think who will do the best over the DGW? Maybe that route is the best instead.

I'm going without Salah.

City mid and Watkins over Salah and Davis

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I am surprised there is not more in the free hit drafts. I’m going for at least one of not two along with Wilson
    Currently have Darlow, Lewis and Wilson. Sheffield United are woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Currently have Darlow, Lewis and Wilson. Sheffield United are woeful

Lewis has been dropped for Ritchie. Unfortunately I have him in my 11 for next week so I'll be hoping Brewster finally scores.

Yedlin is the same price if you are on a fee hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

For anyone playing FH for next week, are any of you waiting a while before pulling to trigger on the FH button? Saw a few bits on Twitter with people saying they're going to wait a while, can't really see what the value is in that if you're pretty sure you're going to play it. I will certainly be playing it as I have very few playing players. I guess if more games will be added to the GW or something, that could change. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

For anyone playing FH for next week, are any of you waiting a while before pulling to trigger on the FH button? Saw a few bits on Twitter with people saying they're going to wait a while, can't really see what the value is in that if you're pretty sure you're going to play it. I will certainly be playing it as I have very few playing players. I guess if more games will be added to the GW or something, that could change. Do any of you have any thoughts on this?

I hit the button last night. I was always going to play it for his GW, so unless there are massive amounts of games called off it wont bother me. I had a team built up for the DGW so nearly all my players for that play twice so i had to option but to play the FH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Mitchell aside, are there any 4m defenders likely to scrape anything this BGW? I have a transfer to use, might as well shuffle some bench fodder for a point or two. Maybe Dunne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Plenty of time till the gameweek and the Covid situation is getting worse in the UK, could easily see games called off and you'd have burned the chip for nothing

I understand the risk of Covid, but I pressed the button today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Hi guys, this question has probably my been asked before but if I make a transfer now for GW18 and then use my FH chip later on will that player still be in my team for GW19 or will they be included as part of the FH?

Cheers

hupskip wrote: »
    Hi guys, this question has probably my been asked before but if I make a transfer now for GW18 and then use my FH chip later on will that player still be in my team for GW19 or will they be included as part of the FH?

Cheers

Any transfers you make from now will be part of the free hit. Your gw 19 team will be back to what it is now and you’ll have 1 free transfer

This is my free hit draft activated tonight. I won’t let covid ruin the fun of playing it!

Darlow
    Cancelo, Holding, Dias
    Kdb, Bruno, Rashford, Son, Grealish
    Kane, Wilson

Playing subs: Mitchell, Brewster

It’s nice to have one week of not being terrified of the Son/Kane combo.

I’m not sure on Grealish. Between him and Zaha.
    Does the fact I have value built up in Grealish matter if I transfer him out on free hit and then want to get him back on the free hit draft again? Say if zaha got injured in training the day before the deadline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

This is my free hit draft activated tonight. I won’t let covid ruin the fun of playing it!

Darlow
    Cancelo, Holding, Dias
    Kane, Wilson

Does the fact I have value built up in Grealish matter if I transfer him out on free hit and then want to get him back on the free hit draft again? Say if zaha got injured in training the day before the deadline?
    See the post above yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭shmeee

Plenty of time till the gameweek and the Covid situation is getting worse in the UK, could easily see games called off and you'd have burned the chip for nothing

I'm of the same thinking, going to wait until last minute to activate the FH chip. It's so far away from now anything could happen. Could end up being only 2/3 games on, what's to say and then you may just use a FT and a -4 to try get 6/7 players and roll on.

My team is aimed towards DGW19 now and that's my main worry.

I'll take BGW18 as it comes, I've a feeling it's going to be a disaster either way.

shmeee wrote: »
    I'm of the same thinking, going to wait until last minute to activate the FH chip. It's so far away from now anything could happen. Could end up being only 2/3 games on, what's to say and then you may just use a FT and a -4 to try get 6/7 players and roll on.

My team is aimed towards DGW19 now and that's my main worry.

I'll take BGW18 as it comes, I've a feeling it's going to be a disaster either way.

Same as that. Really think it's bordering on foolish to activate the chip now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Darlow
    Cancelo, Holding, Dias
    Kane, Wilson

I wouldn’t be sure about two United attackers away to Burnley. Can you get Sterling instead of Rashford? Arsenal are playing well, play home to Palace and you have no Arsenal attacker.

• Advertisement

FIrst draft for when i do activate FH. Sure it will change alot.

Darlow
    Cancelo, Saiss, Tierney
    Bruno, KDB, Saka, Neto
    Kane, Wilson, Aguero

Steer, Dier, Yedlin, Smith Rowe

I only realised it now because I was slow on the uptake. livefpl.net has a 'transfer planner' section where you can create an account for free.

Plus you can plan all your transfers and gameweeks in advance. It gives you a fixtures chart and everything for each player.
    Fecking great so it is. I don't see how people would need much else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I only realised it now because I was slow on the uptake. livefpl.net has a 'transfer planner' section where you can create an account for free.

Plus you can plan all your transfers and gameweeks in advance. It gives you a fixtures chart and everything for each player.
    Fecking great so it is. I don't see how people would need much else.

It's a relatively new feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I’ve been caught out being a bit too impulsive with transfers so far this season, so I might just hold off for a little while before hitting the button in case. I think the only benefit in playing it early is if chasing value anyway or if on the limit to getting the team you want. I think I have enough flexibility in terms of value but will keep an eye on it over the coming week(s) approaching the deadline.

patmac wrote: »
    See the post above yours.

I know the team returns to normal after the draft.
    What I’m not sure of is if you transfer a player out with value built up in them and then get them back in within the free hit gw (before the gw 18 deadline)

I’ve been done with that on a wildcard before. Tinkering and getting rid of someone then deciding I want him back in and have to pay the current price.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be sure about two United attackers away to Burnley. Can you get Sterling instead of Rashford? Arsenal are playing well, play home to Palace and you have no Arsenal attacker.

Cheers, it could be smart to do grealish to saka and Rashford to sterling.

• Advertisement

Could you conceivably make a transfer today (such as bring Saka in before his price rise) and then decide whether to free hit next week or not.

If you do Free Hit you have saved yourself 0.1m from bringing him in next week and if you don't FT, well the same applies, he is just in your team. I guess the only downside is if you wanted him in your team longterm cause you will have to buy him back after the FH GW at the inflated price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

I used my fh in an idiotic move earlier in the season so I’m left with a dilemma now. I’ll have 7 players to play in the bgw as it stands now. Would I be better off maybe taking a hit to get that to 9 players and then wildcarding before the dgw or wild carding now with an eye on city united villa and Burnley players with a few shoe ins like salah and son and using the bench boost on the dgw. Not sure which way to approach this next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Degag wrote: »
    Could you conceivably make a transfer today (such as bring Saka in before his price rise) and then decide whether to free hit next week or not.

If you do Free Hit you have saved yourself 0.1m from bringing him in next week and if you don't FT, well the same applies, he is just in your team. I guess the only downside is if you wanted him in your team longterm cause you will have to buy him back after the FH GW at the inflated price.

No, because he’ll just be part of your free hit team then and won’t be there next week.

Once you activate free hit, the squad you’re at becomes your free hit squad, including any transfers already made.

callaway92 wrote: »
    No, because he’ll just be part of your free hit team then and won’t be there next week.

Once you activate free hit, the squad you’re at becomes your free hit squad, including any transfers already made.

Yes i know that. What i'm saying is that if i wait till next week to bring him in on a FH he will cost me more. Whereas if i make the transfer now and then FH next week, i get him cheaper. If i don't FH he is in my team proper, which is fine with me too.

Lemlin wrote: »

Yeah Arsenal have looked really good the past few games, and priced like a bottom 6 team. I'll definitely have one of their cheap defenders (Mori or Leno) and cheap attackers (Rowe, Saka) in my FH team. BAsically allows you the budget to go big on City assets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement