Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile home heating advice

• 15-12-2020 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello,

I recently purchased a mobile home which is due to be delivered soon. Heating wise, all it has is an electric heater in the living part. Can anyone suggest the best way for me to heat the entire mobile home? Should I put in oil fired central heating or is there a cheaper alternative that you would suggest?

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Perhaps air to air heat pump?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadAngel

Thank you. Do you know of anyone who has used this in a mobile home? I've tried Googling it, specific to mobile homes, but haven't found anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Few storage heaters and a dual meter. Cost feck all to put in

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

BadAngel wrote: »
    Thank you. Do you know of anyone who has used this in a mobile home? I've tried Googling it, specific to mobile homes, but haven't found anything.

I don't.
    Contact some suppliers/installers.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

BadAngel wrote: »

I have an air to air hp in a mobile home as part of the ventilation system and it works a treat. The one caveat is the mobile home has been specifically designed and built to passive house standards so its heat loss is minimal. Regular homes are not close the the standard required for a hp to work.

Depending on the planned use you are probably best to install a wet central heating system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement