Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JohnGreenFan & The Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

In 14th place with 8 points is
    JP Liz V1

A Thousand Years – Christina Perri

Have I listened to this artist before? Yes
    Have I listened to this song before? Yes

This is a song I feel is almost like a cheat code, given that I think it was written for the wedding scene in one of the Twilight Saga films. It is a beautiful song and Christina Perri’s voice is breath-taking, I adore it. Only for my slight aversion to Twilight due to a minor obsession with it in my teenage years, and a minor hatred for it now as a result, it probably would have placed higher.

In 8th place with 14 points is
    Electric Nitwit

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love – The Blues Brothers

This is a proper little bop which I love. Fling your partner around the dancefloor! Spin them into the crowd! Knock over several tables and your great aunt Mary! Hijack the microphone for the I NEED YOU, YOU, YOU section! This song is one for living your best life.

In 15th place with 7 points is
    Sawduck

No One – Alicia Keys

This would surely be a such an awkward song to dance to. We certainly weren’t able to manage it when we tested it out! I do like the song but it’s not a good fit here in my opinion.

In 7th place with 15 points is
    Kolido

Suddenly – Angry Anderson

Have I listened to this artist before? No
    Have I listened to this song before? No

I wasn’t familiar with this song before this but I really enjoyed it. His voice really grows on you more with repeated listens, and that guitar solo is deadly. Think this would be a really nice first dance song.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I haven't a clue what I picked here, probably manic 2000

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lol Kolido, the curse of the Walrus strikes again :D

This is the only one I can remember what I submitted for, mainly cos it was my actual first dance song :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 7th place with 15 points is
    Kolido

Suddenly – Angry Anderson

I wasn’t familiar with this song before this but I really enjoyed it. His voice really grows on you more with repeated listens, and that guitar solo is deadly. Think this would be a really nice first dance song.

That was played at Scott and Charlene's wedding :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ3sSvDGfd4

In 16th place with 6 points is
    Arghus

Baywatch Theme (I’m Always There) – Jimi Jameson

This what I came up when I googled Baywatch theme tune, so apologies if it was a different version you meant!
    Baywatch is considerably before my time having started in 1989 and it wouldn’t have been a song I was familiar with so I tried to go in with an open mind. To be honest, it’s not a bad song, some nice guitar in it but it definitely wouldn’t be my choice for a first dance song! Although I do reckon it would be gas to see the reactions of people who recognised the song :D

In 6th place with 16 points is
    Osh

It Must Be Love – Madness

This one is just lovely. Such a feel good happy track. Love is the beeessst…. Would have featured heavily in my house growing up and you can’t help but like it.

In 17th place with 5 points is
    Also Starring Levar Burton

A Trick of The Light – The Villagers

This is an excellent song but can’t dance to it. Awkward swaying or side to sides on the drum beats?? (Am I just outing myself as having no rhythm at all that I can’t dance to anything?) Just doesn’t have the first dance fit for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 8th place with 14 points is
    Electric Nitwit

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love – The Blues Brothers

This is a proper little bop which I love. Fling your partner around the dancefloor! Spin them into the crowd! Knock over several tables and your great aunt Mary! Hijack the microphone for the I NEED YOU, YOU, YOU section! This song is one for living your best life.

This actually was our first dance, our band nailed it! They replaced the spoken introducion with a call to the floor, telling everyone we didn't want to dance on our own and it worked :D

In 5th place with 17 points is
    Trigger

Just Breathe – Pearl Jam

Was I expecting to be allergic to yet another Pearl Jam submission? Absolutely.
    Was I pleasantly surprised? Oh yes.

Really really enjoyed this. I still think his voice is a little whiney but the song itself is gorgeous. Just the right speed that you could get away with awkwardly moving back and forth and pretending to be able to dance, but a little bit of a beat to it that you could actually dance to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

(Am I just outing myself as having no rhythm at all that I can’t dance to anything?)

Well I didn't want to bring it up until you did, but pretty much... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In 6th place with 16 points is
    Osh

It Must Be Love – Madness

This one is just lovely. Such a feel good happy track. Love is the beeessst…. Would have featured heavily in my house growing up and you can’t help but like it.

Madness are one of those bands that because my Sister likes it... I hate it by default of her like it.

She has forever ruined Madness, UB40 and Bob Marley

In 18th place with 4 points is
    ShaneU

When The Stars Go Blue – Ryan Adams

I wasn’t really a fan of this one – it’s grand but the song seems very generic – I felt like I had heard it before but I’m pretty sure I hadn’t ever heard it. Also, I don’t know if I’m missing something, but why are the stars going blue? (This may have distracted me for longer than I am willing to admit.)

In 4th place with 20 points is
    BandMember

A Rainy Night in Soho – The Pogues

I love this song so much. One of my favourites for a good slow dance. ‘You’re the measure of my dreams’ gets me every time. Fantastic lyrics, fantastic backing track, great for a slow dance or a good ‘swing your partner around the floor’. Solid choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In 5th place with 17 points is
    Trigger

Just Breathe – Pearl Jam

Was I expecting to be allergic to yet another Pearl Jam submission? Absolutely.
    Was I pleasantly surprised? Oh yes.

Really really enjoyed this. I still think his voice is a little whiney but the song itself is gorgeous. Just the right speed that you could get away with awkwardly moving back and forth and pretending to be able to dance, but a little bit of a beat to it that you could actually dance to it.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Pleasantly surprised to get 6th. Loved Madness since I was a kid too :) But wasn't sure how it would fare this round

This actually was our first dance, our band nailed it! They replaced the spoken introducion with a call to the floor, telling everyone we didn't want to dance on our own and it worked :D

I love that idea! We love to dance but we're both rubbish so the idea of people watching us while he tries not to step on my toes/dress isn't too appealing :pac:

Well I didn't want to bring it up until you did, but pretty much... :D

see on my own I could bop to anything, but trying to coordinate that bopping with someone else doesn't seem to work well for me!

• Advertisement

Which means that our top and bottom 3 are (in no particular order)...

Beakerjoe
    Deja Boo
    FixXxer
    Green&Red
    Necro
    The Purple Tin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Uh oh.

Must resist urge to check sent PM folder

In 19th place with 3 points is
    The Purple Tin

Sugar Baby Love – The Rubettes

A grand song but wouldn’t do anything for me as a first dance song... anything that starts off with talking about hurting your partner doesn’t really have the happy wedding vibe I’d be hoping for!

In 3rd place with 18 points is
    beakerjoe

Crazy For You – Madonna

God this is SO 80s coming of age film and I am here for it. (Yes I googled it and realised it was written for a coming of age film in the 80s). You can just FEEL the 80s from it. Love it. I’d love this as a first dance song! Unfortunately Mr JGF wasn’t as impressed….

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

see on my own I could bop to anything, but trying to coordinate that bopping with someone else doesn't seem to work well for me!

giphy.gif

In 20th place with 2 points is
    Green&Red

I Found You – Alabama Shakes

This song felt like it was constantly building towards a place it never really got to. Her voice is almost too fast and desperate for the music, like there would be this big moment in the music… but there’s breaks in the build to moments of almost nothingness. It’s weird and I didn’t enjoy it really, I think it would be an odd choice for a first dance song, I felt very rushed listening to it. I did enjoy the final 15 seconds but it wasn’t the crescendo I expected.

Oh no - it's me, fix and Boo Boo left

tenor.gif

In 2nd place with 19 points is
    Necro

I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz

This was actually one of the songs we heavily considered for our first dance song and it holds a very special place in my heart… almost feels like cheating for someone to submit it! Such a beautiful song and I adore his voice.

In 21st place with 1 point is
    FixXxer

Black Balloon – The Kills

I liked this song, but definitely not as a first dance song! Sounds more like a soong about depression which doesn’t really meet my hope for happy wedding vibes. Also no idea how you’d dance to this. I kept expecting it to transform into a mosh pit style song with all the guests headbanging in a circle around the dancefloor…

• Advertisement

This was actually one of the songs we heavily considered for our first dance song and it holds a very special place in my heart… almost feels like cheating for someone to submit it! Such a beautiful song and I adore his voice.

Well... it was my first dance so if I picked something else I would be cheating on it :pac::pac:

Advertisement