Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worth doing the green cert?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Other than the Green Cert is there any other course (like 1 year and preferably online distance learning) that would qualify for Young Farmers Scheme?

Like something which is a mix of agricultural studies and business studies...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Is there any course worth doing to actually learn something useful? Or is all just for compliance??
    I think I know the answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Is there any course worth doing to actually learn something useful? Or is all just for compliance??

Mountbellew Ag college in galway used to host Agric Business course through GMIT. It was effectively business studies as it was the same pathway to full degree in business studies but it also qualified for the green cert.

Worth a phone call at least to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

NOTS have some great courses.

Isn't the green cert curriculum written by feed/agrichem/co-op organisations...

Would imagine I'd lose a bit of money if I put any of the Green Cert course material into practice...

But would probably do a 1 one year agri-business type course if it qualified one for a few grand a year in the Young Farmer Scheme. The business and finance skills would be useful at least.

Advertisement