Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercise bike - not working after a month

Options
  • 16-12-2020 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I bought an exercise bike from Elverys in early November. 3 weeks later, the resistance stopped working. In discussion with Elverys, apparently that make of bike has these issues. I have arthritis so need the bike to exercise daily. Elverys want to repair the bike, but I have made trips back to their shop twice, and am about to visit again today. One manager did ring me and ask me for the serial number of the bike, which I emailed to him, as he said he needs that to get it fixed. They are not sure if it can be fixed before Xmas. My email yesterday went unanswered, and often I can be ringing them 4/5 times a day before someone picks up the phone. I said I wanted my money back, but they said according to their policies, I wasn't entitled to that yet. I have said in an email, if the bike isn't fixed by 4th Jan, I want a refund. Where can I go with this - the bike was 550 euros. I don't think I would buy from Elverys again after this if needing another bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

A repair has to be permanent

See the CCPC website

quote "If you discover a fault you are entitled to have the item repaired or replaced free of charge – provided you did not cause the damage. If the fault occurs within the first six months of owning the item, it is considered that the fault was there when you bought it. In general, the seller can offer to repair the item first. This should be a permanent repair and the problem should not reoccur. If the same fault occurs again, then you should be entitled to a replacement or refund."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

SI 11/2003:

(5) Where the remedy of repair or replacement is provided the repair or replacement shall be completed within a reasonable time and without any significant inconvenience to the consumer, taking account of the nature of the goods and the purpose for which the consumer required them.

I think you're being quite reasonable in your request for a refund by the 4th.

Advertisement