Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Distributor Road

Options
  • 16-12-2020 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

"Western Distributor Road will be open before Christmas."

Still looking like January before we see this road open...a lot of work going on but looks to be very slow progress. I presume they'll finish up for Christmas next week & will be off until early Jan.

Fingers crossed it makes a difference when it does open. Would have been handy with the recent fire on Larkhill road.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Passed it at lunchtime yesterday.
    They do seem to be going hard at it but miles behind their deadline(s) at this stage.

Knowing Sligo Co. Co. it will be left on the long finger so they can argue for time penalties on the payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the delay was due to one of the companies going bust no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

shanec1928 wrote: »
    the delay was due to one of the companies going bust no?

That might explain a few months of no movement on any works.

If it doesnt open this weekend then it will run into the new year I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭T-Bird

zorro2566 wrote: »
    If it doesnt open this weekend then it will run into the new year I suppose.

There is no mention of it in the weekly roadworks email from SCC. Hopefully that's a good sign rather than an overlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Gipo3 wrote: »

Very very disappointing but do appreciate the update & link.
    Fingers crossed there is no further delays getting this open in the new year.

The cycle lanes look great and what a vista heading towards the Strandhill road!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Looks like a lovely job. Anyone know where I see a map of the route? I can't find anything on the CoCo site.

On another note They've completed 1.1 Km from Henry's towards Grange. Seems to be done now till after xmas. Huge improvement from what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

sligojoek wrote: »
    Looks like a lovely job. Anyone know where I see a map of the route? I can't find anything on the CoCo site.

On another note They've completed 1.1 Km from Henry's towards Grange. Seems to be done now till after xmas. Huge improvement from what it was

OpenStreetMap have it on their map as a dashed yellow/white road (I'm guessing that's what colour they designate routes under construction) https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=15/54.2609/-8.4935

• Advertisement

Perfect.

Thanks

I would have never thought it was a 9km stretch, I would have guessed at 3km.

T-Bird wrote: »
    I would have never thought it was a 9km stretch, I would have guessed at 3km.
    What's 9km? Not the WDR, it's only 2km or so.

Gipo3 wrote: »
    What's 9km? Not the WDR, it's only 2km or so.

From the link in OP

Scheme details
    9km of single urban distributor road between the existing N4 junction (Caltragh) and the existing Ballydoogan RoadVerges with 2km cycleway and 2m footway on each side of the carriageway.

I dunno, maybe the whole stretch is 9k from the N4 junction to Finisklin. But it seems an awful long way round. I could be reading it wrong..

Typo I would say. Never 9km.

More like 1.9 km, I’d say!

9 Km is just 5 and a half miles. It's not as the crow flies.

First think I'll do when I get to go on it, set the speedo & measure the distance :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Just measured it on Google maps, came up with 1.8km, add another 100m for bends etc and 1.9km seems about right

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Just measured it on Google maps, came up with 1.8km, add another 100m for bends etc and 1.9km seems about right

Thought as much!

• Advertisement

Wonder will it open now due to the latest lockdown! Is there any work taking place on it this week?

Wonder will it open now due to the latest lockdown! Is there any work taking place on it this week?
    The never said what year it would open knowing Sligo coco it will be 2022 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks to be very little work going on there at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

I walked out it a couple of times looks finished as far as I can see.

I think they are trying to find the other 6k they budgeted for... :eek:

Allegedly to open on the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

Open for traffice, Monday 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Construction work on the Sligo Western Distributor Road Phase II is completed & will be opened to traffic on Monday January 11th from 4pm. @OceanFmIreland @IDAIRELAND @IDANorthWest @sligoweekender @SligoChampion @Sligo
    https://t.co/3eCrKZCyry
    https://t.co/edJHxvsOnE https://t.co/ods6zVmRnK

BTW the distance is 1.9km, someone did indeed make a typo and left out the "1." on the SCC website, which is still there....

"9km of single urban distributor road between the existing N4 junction (Caltragh) and the existing Ballydoogan Road"

at least the FB page has it corrected

"Scheme details
    The road will link the N4 National Primary Road at the Caltragh interchange with the Roger Eames road Ballydoogan and to the R292 Strandhill Road.
    1.9km of single urban distributor road between the existing N4 junction (Caltragh) and the existing Ballydoogan Road"

• Advertisement

It’s open now, just saw traffic heading toward Caltragh roundabout!

Advertisement