Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning

Options
  • 16-12-2020 11:13am

Hi,

I wasnt going to appeal this if it was a yellow, but the Mod never replied to my PM and I think it was just plain wrong in any regard.

In my PM I asked if it was yellow and if it was I, i would leave the dispute but they didnt reply back.
    Dear gilberto_eire,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

rebel girl 15

Moderator Note

Boards is not a place to attack the personality of an amateur player or any player for that matter

Your post:Quote: gilberto_eire
    Quote: Cosmo Kramer
    A decent effort from Mayo although very poor defensively at times. The final is almost an irrelevance really, we all know how it will pan out but to be fair to Mayo they're the last team standing in 2020 that isn't financially doped up to it's eyeballs. Not much more they can do, indeed that's all any of the other 31 counties that aren't Dublin can ask for any more sadly.

That's honestly one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever read on boards.ie.

You've lived a very sheltered life if thats the case.

Why have you added "Gaillimh Abu" to that post when I didnt put that in, its putting a new angle on it like it's some sort of Galway vs Mayo jibe.

Hes an unlikeable guy.

If we had a poll I'm sure he'd factor near the top.

He dives, he moans and tries to get players booked - whinging at refs. He's a dirty player and he's devoid of any sort of personality

I think the mod is taking a very loose meaning of personal abuse here.

Calling someone an "unlikeable person" is not personal abuse.
    In fact if thats a barometer for abuse then it's open season on any sort of debate of the games.

I questioned the players attitude and approach entirely on his on field antics and I didn't resort to name calling. I think it's fair to say someone who isn't a loved player is unlikeable, and "devoid of personality", again doesn't fall under personal abuse for me either. I can't see anything contentious outside of those two descriptions.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When you say "if this was a yellow, I'd have left it", what do you mean exactly?

awec wrote: »
    When you say "if this was a yellow, I'd have left it", what do you mean exactly?

If it was a warning that had no long term consequences. Or maybe my understanding of a yellow card isn't exactly correct.

I couldn't see what the post received as it was deleted.

If it was a warning that had no long term consequences. Or maybe my understanding of a yellow card isn't exactly correct.

I couldn't see what the post received as it was deleted.

You should have got a PM. But yes, it was just a warning (yellow card).

Do you still want to continue with an appeal?

You should have got a PM. But yes, it was just a warning (yellow card).

Do you still want to continue with an appeal?

I got the PM which in the original post.

I didn't agree with the mod, and said if she confirmed it was a yellow I'd leave it at that.

However since she didn't reply to my PM, I'll appeal it as I don't think I abused the player to begin with.

I believe the comment regarding the lack of personality was uncalled for, and so I'm not overturning this one.

You can take this to admin if you want to appeal further.

• Advertisement

I believe the comment regarding the lack of personality was uncalled for, and so I'm not overturning this one.

You can take this to admin if you want to appeal further.

Look I'll accept it but can you say that calling someone devoid of personality is personal abuse?.

I think its very arbitrary, so much so, I don't think it warranted the initial warning.
    I can accept when it's been given, and a review is happening the lines are more grey in terms of rescinding.

I think it does set a low ceiling for "personal abuse" though.

I initially thought the charter had been updated but when I checked and saw it hadn't I thought the mod was being a bit loose with the description of personal abuse.
    The term "they were amateur" was used in the warning report as some sort of justification for zero criticism.

To be honest, calling someone an aggressive player, or questioning a players heart for a dirty ball would also falll under the same guise as a lack of personality, so I think maybe a review of that implementation needs to happen.

If someone in work said the above to me, I'd take it as constructive criticism and not personal abuse and that's what the charter specifies isn't allowed.

Thanks for taking the time to review it.

Advertisement