Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 14 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Thinking the same move myself

Me three. Had him for ages before switching to kdeb Worried that I’m making a rage transfer off the back of a captain blank but Son is having an amazing season and his ownership is destroying my rank each week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Brighton though
    siblers wrote: »
    Sheff Utd though

You know if you get him, it will be the week Brewster reminds people why Sheffield Utd spent 25m on him :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah but you’d still have him for all those games afterwards and he is 4.4.

Lamptey is the only viable route into that defence and it’s not primarily for the clean sheets

This is the conundrum.

However I do think Brighton defensively were looking good in terms of in possession, out of possession & chances against.

Ryan has just been a bag of **** this year (conceding virtually on all shots) his xG has been horrific.

Do I waste a transfer or go Mahrez to Grealish, Ryan to a 5mil keeper for -4.

Who is there long term?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    This is the conundrum.

However I do think Brighton defensively were looking good in terms of in possession, out of possession & chances against.

Ryan has just been a bag of **** this year (conceding virtually on all shots) his xG has been horrific.

Who is there long term?

The Brighton fans seem happy with Sanchez from what I was reading, he seems more commanding and as you said Ryan has been conceding a goal for every two shots or so. They've only one clean sheet less than West Ham now who have been touted as one of the better defences this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is the conundrum.

Who is there long term?

Brighton have looked solid in defensive metrics this year overall, but they just can’t be relied on.

Have been a Lamptey owner since GW2 but that’s purely down to the ridiculous attacking potential at 4.5 price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭eggy81

Any chance stones gets back in after city failing to keep a clean sheet other day. Brought him in off the back of their little run with him in but think might have to get rid again straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2FT and unsure what to do, might be time to upgrade Mitchell and Burke. Anyone better than Lewis or Alioski looking the best options for a cheap 5th Def?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Have 2FT and unsure what to do, might be time to upgrade Mitchell and Burke. Anyone better than Lewis or Alioski looking the best options for a cheap 5th Def?

Considering O'Shea as my Mitchell upgrade since he is 4.3mill but would like to see how the team is set up under the new manger first. Lewis has looked poor as a defender and Leeds don't seem to be worried about clean sheets. For the extra cost 0f 4.5mill Furlong has looked to be capable of attacking returns as well but that might not be the done thing with West Brom with a new playing system likely under big Sam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I've gone Rhys Williams as my fifth cheap defender, as a direct swap for Mitchell. Dropped straight in to the line-up too for Palace, mainly due to both KWP and Cancelo playing each other. Only discovering now that Sanchez is starting ahead of Ryan, whom I had to start this weekend. May hope City don't do too much damage against McCarthy so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

I brought Charlie Taylor in at 4.4. for the last GW, not to play him but to have over Christmas. I'd rather have someone who is nailed and has the chance of an odd clean sheet, rather than a rotation risk, especially with the backlog of fixtures, and people missing out due to Covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This is the conundrum.

Who is there long term?

Depends what your plan is for the doubles?

Brighton play in 18, so while it might take a minus 4 it might set you up (as well as stop stressing about line ups over Christmas)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

steve_r wrote: »
    I brought Charlie Taylor in at 4.4. for the last GW, not to play him but to have over Christmas. I'd rather have someone who is nailed and has the chance of an odd clean sheet, rather than a rotation risk, especially with the backlog of fixtures, and people missing out due to Covid

Yeah have Taylor as well, might splash out on Coufal but gives me no funds to upgrade Burke then except the 4.3 I sell him for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So I've got a wildcard burning a hole in my pocket all season so far, and it's quite possible I'll wait until the next GW to use it. I'm genuinely happy with my squad or 80% of it at least. So looking for some suggestions in general?

I'll preface it by saying it's likely that I'll do KDB back to Salah after the reverse was a dud this week!

0.8 ITB

McCarthy - Johnstone
    KWP - Coufal - Justin - James - Taylor
    KdB - Bruno - Son - Grealish - Soucek
    DCL - Bamford - Werner

Swapping KdB for Salah immediately halves my spare funds to 0.4

Goalkeeper:
    Been very happy with this combo, with Big Sam arriving then gotta keep Johnstone. Need a Villa clean sheet asset so it's either swapping McCarthy or KWP for Martinez or some Villa defender

Defenders:
    For the bargain bucket defence it's something I've been mostly happy with. Maybe a Southampton CB would be better than KWP? Will wait for Justin to lose his place first. Bizarrely James is most at risk as Chelsea have started conceding again and maybe teams know to block James off at source.... but again it's change for change sake? Coufal and Taylor are good too

Midfielders:
    Son is going nowhere. Bruno is unlikely to be going anywhere. KdB/Salah are likely to be one or the other. Soucek is the best 5th mid option, for his 3 goals I've had him come off the bench twice. Grealish is most under threat, but again not imminently?

Forwards:
    No reason to sell DCL whatsoever. Bamford has ticked over in the few weeks I've had him. So it leaves Werner? Even if I did sell him then who's a better option in that range?

I'm at around 120k as things stand in this GW so not under pressure to go full Prodston either :pac:

Any thoughts are welcome? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

This is the conundrum.

Who is there long term?
    The Brighton fans seem happy with Sanchez from what I was reading, he seems more commanding and as you said Ryan has been conceding a goal for every two shots or so. They've only one clean sheet less than West Ham now who have been touted as one of the better defences this season.

It's interesting that at the start of the season, there was talk of Brighton going for Martinez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So it leaves Werner? Even if I did sell him then who's a better option in that range?
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

So I've got a wildcard burning a hole in my pocket all season so far, and it's quite possible I'll wait until the next GW to use it. I'm genuinely happy with my squad or 80% of it at least. So looking for some suggestions in general?

I'll preface it by saying it's likely that I'll do KDB back to Salah after the reverse was a dud this week!

0.8 ITB

McCarthy - Johnstone
    KWP - Coufal - Justin - James - Taylor
    KdB - Bruno - Son - Grealish - Soucek
    DCL - Bamford - Werner

Swapping KdB for Salah immediately halves my spare funds to 0.4

Goalkeeper:
    Been very happy with this combo, with Big Sam arriving then gotta keep Johnstone. Need a Villa clean sheet asset so it's either swapping McCarthy or KWP for Martinez or some Villa defender

Defenders:
    For the bargain bucket defence it's something I've been mostly happy with. Maybe a Southampton CB would be better than KWP? Will wait for Justin to lose his place first. Bizarrely James is most at risk as Chelsea have started conceding again and maybe teams know to block James off at source.... but again it's change for change sake? Coufal and Taylor are good too

Midfielders:
    Son is going nowhere. Bruno is unlikely to be going anywhere. KdB/Salah are likely to be one or the other. Soucek is the best 5th mid option, for his 3 goals I've had him come off the bench twice. Grealish is most under threat, but again not imminently?

Forwards:
    No reason to sell DCL whatsoever. Bamford has ticked over in the few weeks I've had him. So it leaves Werner? Even if I did sell him then who's a better option in that range?

I'm at around 120k as things stand in this GW so not under pressure to go full Prodston either :pac:

Any thoughts are welcome? Cheers.

Your team is very similar to mine. Why do you have to pick between KDB and Salah though? I have both with Son & Bruno.

You could change Werner to Callum Wilson or Che Adams and that frees up cash for a premium midfield.

My team is

McCarthy, Martin (never plays)
    Dallas, KWP, Coufal, Dier, Justin
    Bruno, KDB. Salah, Son, Anguissa
    DCL, Adams, Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

McCarthy, Nyland

Zouma, Balbunea, Walker Peters, Kilman, Jamal Lewis
    Salah, Son, Grealish, Soucek, Bruno
    Kane, DCL, Watkins

Have no idea what to do with this team. Hoovering around 500k all season. Have two FT and wildcard. Nearly every player has risen in value.

No need to change Salah, Son or Bruno. Grealish has good run of games coming up and Soucek is good value.

Kane and DCL are consistent and Watkins again has good fixtures. DCL to Bamford frees up some cash and likely to have similar returns and can do that with free transfer.

Any defensive suggestions. Zero in the bank. Feels like a waste of a wild card but cant see much value in playing it currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

thomasm wrote: »
    McCarthy, Nyland

Zouma, Balbunea, Walker Peters, Kilman, Jamal Lewis
    Salah, Son, Grealish, Soucek, Bruno
    Kane, DCL, Watkins

Have no idea what to do with this team. Hoovering around 500k all season. Have two FT and wildcard. Nearly every player has risen in value.

No need to change Salah, Son or Bruno. Grealish has good run of games coming up and Soucek is good value.

Kane and DCL are consistent and Watkins again has good fixtures. DCL to Bamford frees up some cash and likely to have similar returns and can do that with free transfer.

Any defensive suggestions. Zero in the bank. Feels like a waste of a wild card but cant see much value in playing it currently.

Although I don't you need to wildcard, You don' t have long left to use it.

Move 1: DCL to the likes of Wilson, Adams, Fabio Silva

Would give you the funds to sort out these

Move 2: Balbuena (injured, no idea how long he's out)

Move 3: Kilman (place lost)

Move 4: Nyland (no longer a Premier League player)

Possible 5th move: Southampton defence double up, not a issue but I'd move one on to spread the misery/ potential clean sheets from different teams.

Cheap Defenders I'd consider
    -Taylor
    -Leeds Defender (Dallas or budget Alioski/Cooper)
    -BHA Def: Webster, White, Lamptey
    -Rob Holding (4.4 for an Arsenal defender seems great value to me no matter how bad they're playing)

GK:
    Johnstone (Big Sam and upcoming DGW) in for Nyland

The (4 moves or 5 if being very picky on double Saints defence) above don't seem like 'wildcard-worthy' moves but they're the only things I see that can be improved from your squad at the moment

If you want hold on to the WC for as long as possible (closer to blanks and doubles) and to keep your 2 FTS for next week.
    I think Balbuena out for a 4.4 or 4.5 Def is the only single move you can make, you'd be offloading an injured player and can afford another starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

shineon23 wrote: »

Possible 5th move: Southampton defence double up, not a issue but I'd move one on to spread the misery/ potential clean sheets from different teams.

-Taylor
    -Rob Holding (4.4 for an Arsenal defender seems great value to me no matter how bad they're playing)

GK:

The (4 moves or 5 if being very picky on double Saints defence) above don't seem like 'wildcard-worthy' moves but they're the only things I see that can be improved from your squad at the moment

If you want hold on to the WC for as long as possible (closer to blanks and doubles) and to keep your 2 FTS for next week.
    I think Balbuena out for a 4.4 or 4.5 Def is the only single move you can make, you'd be offloading an injured player and can afford another starter.

Thanks for that, makes sense on the defence. Not the sexiest wildcard but will help longer term ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

shineon23 wrote: »

-Taylor

GK:

Am I the only one who didn’t know villa had got rid of Nyland?! He’s my sub keeper too haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Grealish is doing **** all. Not much to choose from around his price range though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jota to Neto for me, bank 2nd free for now. Might move to a son or pulisic then. Pulisic looked good in highlights the other night. Think son /Kane slows now.

Grealish is doing **** all. Not much to choose from around his price range though

Greenwood on watch for me!

2 United goals.. decent home fixtures coming, think I’ll go Greenwood

An option alright but looks a shadow of last season. Would be worth a punt if he shows some form

An option alright but looks a shadow of last season. Would be worth a punt if he shows some form

What is your GW18/19 plan?

While I agree, he is starting more games now.. Martial & Rashford in similar situation.. maybe this game & coming fixtures is the start of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I had my eye on Rashford a few weeks back after his CL hat trick. And was thinking if Bruno in this week, but might go towards Rashford again. Fixtures are tricky but only Wolves in the next 4 would pose a CS worry.

Sterling -> Rashford maybe.

What is your GW18/19 plan?

While I agree, he is starting more games now.. Martial & Rashford in similar situation.. maybe this game & coming fixtures is the start of it

I'll probably free hit in 19 and try build my team towards 18 but I don't want to hold players between now and gw18 who are not performing just because they have a game in 18.

Selling Grealish to someone like Greenwood who has a blank in gw 18 might be counter productive but so is to keep him if he continues to blank

I'll probably free hit in 19 and try build my team towards 18 but I don't want to hold players between now and gw18 who are not performing just because they have a game in 18.

Selling Grealish to someone like Greenwood who has a blank in gw 18 might be counter productive but so is to keep him if he continues to blank

Interesting, I’m going to do the opposite. Build to GW19 and free hit 18.

Greenwood would make sense then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Nero tonight. Then I will go to son and an other defender for KWP. Ings in for Wilson then after Stephen's day. My plan.

Advertisement