Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Kenevil wrote: »
    They'll be going on until the start of April afaik.

Thanks!!
    I didnt realise would be going on until then! .. Did interview myself at start of March. Was hoping for results in next week or so... 😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Thanks!!
    I didnt realise would be going on until then! .. Did interview myself at start of March. Was hoping for results in next week or so... ����

No will be looking at mid April before results are out... heard there was over 350 applicants... how did you find the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Does anyone happen to know when the Dep of Education lnternal HEO interview results are due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Galwaygirl64

No will be looking at mid April before results are out... heard there was over 350 applicants... how did you find the interview?

I did mine during the week. My number was between 120-129. Found the interview very different from what I expected. Less emphasis on my examples and more on how this and that relates to being a heo. If I am not successful it was a very good learning experience

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

I did mine during the week. My number was between 120-129. Found the interview very different from what I expected. Less emphasis on my examples and more on how this and that relates to being a heo. If I am not successful it was a very good learning experience

I wonder if it will be the same format for this competition?

• Advertisement

Mine was the same threw me and i really prepared. They also asked questions based off my (a) parts rather than my (b) i don't think I did too well but i suppose we never really know. Don't think i've done well in this either:( ah well its a good job i love what i do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kerbie

Yes I had mine during the week too number 155. I found the interview to be very like that to more so asking how I would be as a HEO rather then the examples I gave

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilkenny Tom

Kerbie wrote: »
    Yes I had mine during the week too number 155. I found the interview to be very like that to more so asking how I would be as a HEO rather then the examples I gave

How do you know what number you are?

How do you know what number you are?

When I signed in to the Interview it came up the top candidate 155, do I was guessing I was 155 from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dagner88

Kerbie wrote: »
    When I signed in to the Interview it came up the top candidate 155, do I was guessing I was 155 from that.

Are rhe interviews for the interdepartmental or for separate internal he9 comp, or a previous inter dept comp?

• Advertisement

Dagner88 wrote: »

Are rhe interviews for the interdepartmental or for separate internal he9 comp, or a previous inter dept comp?

Separate internal one

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

I did the revenue internal in February, does anyone know when results are due out.

I heard that interviews were for 6 weeks.

Hoping to get it although didn’t interview great it would be a great learning curve

Cocopup wrote: »
    I did the revenue internal in February, does anyone know when results are due out.

I heard that interviews were for 6 weeks.

Hoping to get it although didn’t interview great it would be a great learning curve

Interviews are going on till at least 2nd week of April.

So results will probably be a week after last interview, by the time the panels are snaked, emails are done and the board signs off on them. So drawn out. I had mine last week so i can only imagine the torture of waiting since feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

Yeh I think I was one of the first to have it. Although I was glad to get it out of the way and not have it hanging over my head.

It’s hard to tell how you do in these sort of interviews and what way they are scoring you

Interviews are going on till at least 2nd week of April.

So results will probably be a week after last interview, by the time the panels are snaked, emails are done and the board signs off on them. So drawn out. I had mine last week so i can only imagine the torture of waiting since feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Anyone any thoughts on chances of getting the stage 1 results for Interdepartmental HEO this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭eroc79

neevobeevo wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on chances of getting the stage 1 results for Interdepartmental HEO this week?

Guessing 4pm Friday evening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

eroc79 wrote: »
    Guessing 4pm Friday evening :D

I think it wll be today, around 5pm :)

I'm thinking either today or Friday. Had a look back on the 2020 EO and they had the results 2 weeks and 2 days after the closing date of the stage 1b

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

its usually just before a break such as a weekend, the cynical might say that is to avoid being inundated with queries the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Does anyone feel like emailing pas ?

My gut is next week Friday

I would imagine PAS would be vague in their response as always. I'm thinking they'll wait until after St Patrick's day so as not to spoil anyone's holiday (by anyone I mean me, not hopeful at all). Best of luck to everyone

Hmmm I don't know..
    It is very hard to say really
    I think I did well or okay at least in some competencies and fell down on others...
    I don't expect to panel but it was a learning experience and will definitely help for future interview(s) I think and hope...

I might hire an interview coach the next time though... Lol

How did you find it?

Mine was the same. And I agree 100% about learning experience

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Yikes?!!! Why?!!!! My nerves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

caarp wrote: »
    Yikes?!!! Why?!!!! My nerves...

Just a hunch!

Probably wrong but never know....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lol, they'll arrive, when they arrive........
    They do tend to like the evening before a holiday- apparently its so people don't get the 5th from colleagues who know they're waiting on the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

My money is on the Thursday before good Friday

redmgar wrote: »
    My money is on the Thursday before good Friday

That would be very apt, April Fool's day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Well, some of you were right but not about this competition...the Internal Housing EO competition results were just announced.

Advertisement