Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well, made the Kildare panel, but not high enough, I don't think.......
    Full marks on the numerical. Dammit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

I'm in, did well on verbal and numerical, scraped the situational judgement.
    One regional county in, waiting on westmeath.

Not sure if I will make it in first regional batch but will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I'm in the 140s, surprised they aren't shortlisting before video shortlisting

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Any one close to cut off in first dublin batch, what was your combined verbal and scenario score if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MommaMiaJTB

Where can you see the Kildare panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

Brera wrote: »
    I’m guessing there will be. I’m in the 600s as well. It all depends on how many places they have available.

Is there anyone here who knows how high they got on the list the last time there was an interdepartmental HEO competition ?

They exhausted the Dublin panel last time around. If you're in the 600s you'll be called in batch 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

doc22 wrote: »
    30/80 for numerical reasoning is a very low qualifying score, barely above guessing/luck

That's why we had the 2008 recession; numerical illiterate managers in the CS.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Was delighted to pass for Kerry wohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kagey15

Anyone get results from Cork? I got 84, not sure if this is above the average. for all the Depts in Cork might stand a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭eroc79

Kagey15 wrote: »
    Anyone get results from Cork? I got 8, not sure if this is above the average. for all the Depts in Cork might stand a chance!

I got oom 70 for cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Kagey15

Thanks EROC79 sorry had a typo was 84 not 8. well done on 70 too. hopefully its a first round call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭eroc79

Kagey15 wrote: »
    Thanks EROC79 sorry had a typo was 84 not 8. well done on 70 too. hopefully its a first round call :)

They are taking up to oom 366 for video shortlisting for Dublin.
    I'd be confident that they will take at least the first hundred when it comes to Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

In 40s for Kildare and 10s for Laois. Surprised tbh just about passed numerical

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Got 1,200s for Dublin OOM

and 205 OOM Kildare

What's the chances of being called you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

stevetalk wrote: »
    Delighted I passed. Managed to do better in the maths than I thought which was a shock.

I put down Clare and Tipp but it only lists Clare in the location. Does anyone know if it just cut off or did I only pass in Clare?

Apparently they are doing the results alphabetically, I received my Dublin results but not my Tipperary results.

Although has anyone received results for both counties they went for yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cidy2020

For those of us who has never had the pleasure of "video shortlisting" can anyone give us a bit more information as to what its about? Are you given a topic and you have to prepare a presentation?/questions to answer about a topic given?/a report to prepare?. And how far in advance do we get to prepare? is it days/hours/a week?
    Im sure we would all like to know whats ahead of us!!

Much appreciated.

and 205 OOM Kildare

Dublin is a possibility, however its a long shot- Kildare forget it altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭jules86

and 205 OOM Kildare

You will get called for Dublin anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Dublin is a possibility, however its a long shot- Kildare forget it altogether.

Cheers, glad to pass, but not holding out! :eek:

I guess they will exhaust the panel before reaching me, good experience for the next HEO comp! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

How many to they call for each batch? does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Anyone with a OOM of 366 for Dublin willing to share their overall score?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

stuchyg wrote: »
    30's, did quite well on the verbal but scraped the management scenario

Yeah the management one is down to personality more so I think. As in obvs there’s rules but not everything is always straight down the black and white so we would all handle it differently. I got top ten for my two locations. Surprised but pleased.
    Good luck with it all ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 26 farmboy1

Anyone know how many HEO positions there are for Dublin?
    Also how many batches go through for video interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EllieKelly123

Does anyone know, roughly, how many people are called in Kilkenny or Carlow in the two years from each panel? I scored in the top five and I'm wondering how likely it is that I will be called, given that departments run their own internal competitions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cnmjb92

I got 157 for Kildare and in the 900s for Dublin ! What are the chances of them reaching the 100s for Kildare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Risoc

Gickyk wrote: »
    Ha ha. Are you looking to know one particular individuals score?
    I'm another county so don't think I can help you I'm afraid.

cnmjb92 wrote: »
    I got 157 for Kildare and in the 900s for Dublin ! What are the chances of them reaching the 100s for Kildare ?

Put it this way- there are 3 reasonable sized offices in Kildare-

Defence in Newbridge
    Revenue in Athy
    Agriculture in Celbridge

Between them they perhaps 20 vacancies at HEO level right now- and perhaps another 20-30 over the next 12 months. They also all have internal panels in place.

To get anyway down the Kildare panel at all- you are looking at people ahead of you on the panel taking Dublin posts.

Its not impossible- but it is a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frk

I got a total score of 107 and placed 366 for the Dublin stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Steph1234

Gickyk wrote: »

Above 366. Total score of 115 (management and verbal)

Does anyone know where I can find the application process booklet? Wasn't expecting to get far, so haven't it saved 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Brera

I wouldn’t forget an Garda Siochana either for anyone on the list outside of Dublin. They recruited lots of EOs and COs from the last few panels and I would expect them to take some HEOs as well.

Advertisement