Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EER40

rusty1983 wrote: »
    Congratulations in the 2019 competition after stage one I was in the 40's progressed to stage 2 and my scores improved and i missed out marginally being called for interview

Thanks for reply... so hard when u just miss out by small margin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Came 244 in the OOM for Dublin.

Is it a case where every applicant in this batch who passes the interview/presentation process will be assigned a post? My understanding was that the next stage creates a new OOM within your batch and positions are offered in order based on that list. Will this batch's OOM be exhausted before moving on to the next?

They'll likely call another batch before this panel is exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭eroc79

Gickyk wrote: »
    I doubt this is true - regionals are normally called together (all counties outside the belt) so even if someone wasn't offered a position from an Inter'd PAS would still have had to form a panel.

If it is the case that no one from the Inter'd panel got a position you could assume that these areas 'owe' to the inter'd panel and therefore candidates from the Inter'd will get offered positions quickly this time.

Last comp I did, they called by county.

Ok, so stage 2 should be remote interview? then a presentation?

is this what you all think is the next stage of this competition - just curious also how many years experience do you have at EO Level?

I have just over 2... i am afraid i will be at a disadvantage but with Covid i had to take on extra responsibility and extra staff and head up a number of projects. Other management in my area were redeployed to other work. I stayed behind and managed the troops!!

I reckon from reading other threads after stage 2 will be stage 3 which will likely be e-tray then stage 4 interview. I'm an EO since late 2017 any grade below HEO could apply but managerial experience is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gickyk

Foxy1987 wrote: »
    Hi guys congrats to everyone who got through I’m down for Sligo and Leitrim. I have heard that in the last interD no one got to interview stage for these areas which is annoying! Just wondering if anyone knows the way they are calling from interD panels is it 1 off internal and 1 off the interD or is there just no logic at all!? Thanks in advance :)

I know one person in my Department who got HEO in Leitrim from the Inter'd panel in Q3 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EER40

rusty1983 wrote: »
    Congratulations in the 2019 competition after stage one I was in the 40's progressed to stage 2 and my scores improved and i missed out marginally being called for interview

Thanks for reply... so hard when u just miss out by small margin....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PandaJ

Hi all, congratulations to those who got placed.

My oom is 34 and 39 in my chosen regions, how likely is it that I will be called?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Irish EO Panel is extremely slow moving. They have recruited v few people from it. I wouldn't mind but I am top of my county in panel and a certain percentage of people recruited to Govt departments should have proficiency in Irish even though there might be v little actual Irish language work. I get the feeling people are only being pulled from this panel if a department specifically requests an Irish speaker as otherwise, PAS are not pulling of this panel which breaks the sequencing of panels guideline when filling positions....This panel should be given the same merit as general EO panels when filling positions.

People recruited from the general panel could have this proficiency anyway. In an office there normally a single designated person who deal with such requests. Sure most of us have done 12 years of Irish education and should be proficient:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onlydaughter30

I would imagine you will get called - you are low down on the list - you will get a new placing after the selection process is completed. This then will be your place on the panel to be called when a HEO place becomes available. Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 onlydaughter30

PandaJ wrote: »
    Hi all, congratulations to those who got placed.

My oom is 34 and 39 in my chosen regions, how likely is it that I will be called?

I would imagine you will get called - you are low down on the list - you will get a new placing after the selection process is completed. This then will be your place on the panel to be called when a HEO place becomes available. Congrats!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

doc22 wrote: »
    People recruited from the general panel could have this proficiency anyway. In an office there normally a single designated person who deal with such requests. Sure most of us have done 12 years of Irish education and should be proficient:pac:

Yes, I agree but my point is people on the Irish language panel should be given the same merit if doing sequencing of panels correctly when filling vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Senseless Betty

Irish EO Panel is extremely slow moving. They have recruited v few people from it. I wouldn't mind but I am top of my county in panel and a certain percentage of people recruited to Govt departments should have proficiency in Irish even though there might be v little actual Irish language work. I get the feeling people are only being pulled from this panel if a department specifically requests an Irish speaker as otherwise, PAS are not pulling of this panel which breaks the sequencing of panels guideline when filling positions....This panel should be given the same merit as general EO panels when filling positions.

That's the whole point of the Irish panel, to fill vacancies when a department specifically looks for an Irish speaker, it's the skill that they are looking for. They don't fill general vacancies from it the same way they wouldn't fill general vacancies from an ICT panel or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I know it’s probably jumping the gun here but does anyone have any recommendations or experience of interview training ? I’m anticipating an internal interview as well this year so could work for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

Do they now shortlist on application form or what is the next step presentation and interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Scored 99 for both verbal & management tests.

OOM placement for:

Dublin 679
    Meath 78

What are my chances of getting a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

lucybousy wrote: »
    Do they now shortlist on application form or what is the next step presentation and interview?

The below is at the end of your results message

"It is initially intended to invite candidates who selected Dublin as a location choice and who were placed up to and including place 366 on the order of merit (OOM) to Stage 2 – Video Shortlisting (Please note that this number is subject to change). Video shortlisting for regional location choices will take place on a later date. We will contact you should we reach your place on the order of merit.

An invitation to attend any part of the selection process is not to be taken as implying that the Public Appointments Service is satisfied that such a person fulfils the eligibility of the post."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭lucat

If the other competitions running atm are anything to go by, next step is most likely a Sonru interview and they'll shortlist based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PandaJ

Thanking you, that's given me a lot of hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Gickyk wrote: »
    I doubt this is true - regionals are normally called together (all counties outside the belt) so even if someone wasn't offered a position from an Inter'd PAS would still have had to form a panel.

If it is the case that no one from the Inter'd panel got a position you could assume that these areas 'owe' to the inter'd panel and therefore candidates from the Inter'd will get offered positions quickly this time.

Yep it's true for some counties.... Depends on demand as to whether a panel is formed or not for each county...
    For 2019 InterD competition
    I got through all stages unsupervised and supervised tests, Application form shortlisting etc and still waiting for Interview (almost 2 years later).
    1 County I picked... There was no panel formed as there was no demand for the HEO grade for that county..
    And for the other county I scored in the 50s and was never called for interview
    But there was a panel formed for that county and only 6 were placed on it towards end of 2019.. The last I heard there is still 1 person on that panel and the panel expires 30/04/21.
    I picked different county this time...

As far as I am know for this competition the stages are Video interview, an E tray exercise possibly and then main/full competency interview...
    And no presentations will be required for this years competition
    It seems to be the process PAS are using for recent/current competitions.
    But this is only guessing/going on the recent competition interview stages....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Augme

I'll be amazed if the rest of the stages aren't video shortlisting followed by video interview followed by video presentation.

• Advertisement

Foxy1987 wrote: »
    Hi guys congrats to everyone who got through I’m down for Sligo and Leitrim. I have heard that in the last interD no one got to interview stage for these areas which is annoying! Just wondering if anyone knows the way they are calling from interD panels is it 1 off internal and 1 off the interD or is there just no logic at all!? Thanks in advance :)

I have gone through my Depts published list of promotions and assignments for 2019/20 and could find only 4 Inter'd HEO promotions 1 x Leitrim Q3 2019 3 x Sligo Q1 (2) & Q4 (1) 2019.

verses

Internal

Q4 2020 0 Leitrim 0 Sligo
    Q3 2020 1 Leitrim 3 Sligo
    Q1/2 2020 3 Leitrim 1 Sligo

Q4 2019 0 Leitrim 0 Sligo
    Q3 2019 1 Leitrim 0 Sligo
    Q2 2019 0 Leitrim 0 Sligo
    Q1 2019 0 Leitrim 1 Sligo

4:10

They state that vacancies will be filled in the following order;
    internal
    Non-internal (Inter'd/open)
    1 in 5 on nationwide transfer

As far as I am aware this list does not reflect transfers. I assume the Dept follows this order and not the individual offices. i.e. position filled from internal in Sligo means next promotion nationwide should be from inter'd panel etc. etc.

Not sure if that helps or what to make of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

I assume this is for just 1 Department and within those particular counties, there would be other Department ( albeit smaller) than would have also taken in InterD employees off that panel. The turnover of staff in my own Dept. since Covid ( and WFH was implemented) has been very small in comparison to other years and it wouldn't surprise me that once we are in the "new normal" and staff have to go back to the office in some capacity, that there could be a raft of retirements which might open up more opportunities for people in this panel that weren't available to the previous one.

cmac8 wrote: »
    I assume this is for just 1 Department and within those particular counties, there would be other Department ( albeit smaller) than would have also taken in InterD employees off that panel. The turnover of staff in my own Dept. since Covid ( and WFH was implemented) has been very small in comparison to other years and it wouldn't surprise me that once we are in the "new normal" and staff have to go back to the office in some capacity, that there could be a raft of retirements which might open up more opportunities for people in this panel that weren't available to the previous one.

Yes, just my current Depart and yes I imagine there would be other Depts in these counties. The original post said they heard no one was called for an interview within these counties last competition - my post was to give hope :) not suggest there was little movement.

Just received this from PAS.... fairly quick with stage 2

Dear Kenevil,

I refer to your application for the above mentioned competition. I am pleased to inform you that you are now being invited to complete Stage 2 of the selection process. Stage 2 of the selection process consists of an online video interview (shortlisting).

Your testing window for completion of this assessment is:

Wednesday, 31st March 2021 until midnight on Thursday, 8th April 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Kenevil wrote: »

Dear Kenevil,

I refer to your application for the above mentioned competition. I am pleased to inform you that you are now being invited to complete Stage 2 of the selection process. Stage 2 of the selection process consists of an online video interview (shortlisting).

Is it a presentation (on a particular subject) you have to complete? Or is it a formal interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Longfordgal

Dear Kenevil,

Well done! That's fast, I presume that's Dublin... Best of luck.

Well done! That's fast, I presume that's Dublin... Best of luck.

Thanks a mill, yeah its for Dublin... better start preparing

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kerbie

Dear Kenevil,

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭lucat

Is it a presentation (on a particular subject) you have to complete? Or is it a formal interview?

It's a Sonru interview. You've to record yourself answering questions which are given in the familiarisation booklet. 3 mins per answer. I think Sonru are a recruitment test company like Cut-e or SOVA etc., you can look them up online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Longfordgal

lucat wrote: »
    It's a Sonru interview. You've to record yourself answering questions which are given in the familiarisation booklet. 3 mins per answer. I think Sonru are a recruitment test company like Cut-e or SOVA etc., you can look them up online.

https://www.wikijob.co.uk/content/interview-advice/interview-types/sonru-video-interview-tips

This might be of help..

Advertisement