Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Hippo wrote:
    Just about to record mine this evening and I notice that in the familiarisation material it states 'It is strongly advised not to read verbatim from a pre-prepared script...'

Hippo wrote:
    Guess I'll be spending a bit longer learning it off now..

Yeah but it then goes on to say that you're being marked on your competencies not how comfortable you are on camera, so if I was reading off a script and hit all the points would I get more marks than someone who didn't read off a script but left out something?

I don't know is the answer so I just gambled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Yeah but it then goes on to say that you're being marked on your competencies not how comfortable you are on camera, so if I was reading off a script and hit all the points would I get more marks than someone who didn't read off a script but left out something?

I don't know is the answer so I just gambled.

Yep me too I read on the AP thread people who read the entire thing and they got through the shortlisting. I'm a bit worried 2 of my competencies where only 2 mins. I had 10 seconds to spare on the team leadership skills one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Did mine earlier today, read mine too. So relieved to have it over with! We'll just have to wait and see if we're penalised for using a script. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Raje94 wrote: »
    Does link expire tonight or tomorrow night? Sonru saying April 8th 2021 23.59 and pas saying midnight April 8th, which is technically in 2.5 hrs

I've done mine but I got an email reminder today stating "We would like to remind you that you have an interview to be completed for us by April 08, 2021 23:59" so I would think it's open until tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Does anyone know if the shortlisting is done as a pass/fail or could we receive a new OOM?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does anyone know if the shortlisting is done as a pass/fail or could we receive a new OOM?

New OOM on the basis of interview appraisal- within your cohort (you stay within your cohort). Its not a pass/fail- though a fail on any competency is a fail overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

It’s cruel that they allow you to watch the videos over.

Also my AirPods disconnected right before starting my personal statement so had to bring down Notification Center to reconnect them ! Hopefully won’t stand against me.

Does anyone have a crystal ball for when the results may be issued?

Also my AirPods disconnected right before starting my personal statement so had to bring down Notification Center to reconnect them ! Hopefully won’t stand against me.

Does anyone have a crystal ball for when the results may be issued?

Hopefully won't be an issue for you.

From reading the AP thread i think roughly 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Well, that's new to me. This should be a fun few weeks waiting on results!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AngelaG

Can you have a word doc open on your screen when recording ?

• Advertisement

I emailed PAS and they said they expect the results to be issued by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vk_222

I got 1296 for Dublin too! I would have thought, not a hope in hell....

Vk_222 wrote: »
    I got 1296 for Dublin too! I would have thought, not a hope in hell....

I heard they expect to have over 500 vacancies in Dublin over the next year so i would expect you'll hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Vk_222

Kenevil wrote: »
    I heard they expect to have over 500 vacancies in Dublin over the next year so i would expect you'll hear.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but they've only called 366 so long way to go yet. Even with 500 vacancies, I'm still OOM 1296. My best mark was, of course numerical, the one that doesn't count :(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

500 vacancies in Dublin for the next year? Really, that's mad to think of?

caarp wrote: »
    500 vacancies in Dublin for the next year? Really, that's mad to think of?

Supposed to be over 100 vacancies for Dublin for Revenue. How true it is i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Supposed to be over 100 vacancies for Dublin for Revenue. How true it is i don't know

Revenue have their own internal comp running at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jobseeker2016

corny wrote: »
    As do Dept Tourism Culture Arts Gaeltacht Sport & Media

Yes they do but a certain amount of positions have to be filled by inter d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Is that the Dublin only one that came up in the past few months? Is there going to be a new internal Revenue competition this year for the rest of the country?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yes they do but a certain amount of positions have to be filled by inter d

Someone was saying that Revenue owe as many posts to the interdepartmental panel as all the other Departments combined......... Have they been ignoring the interdepartmental panel as a matter of course for literally years?

Thanks for the vote of confidence but they've only called 366 so long way to go yet. Even with 500 vacancies, I'm still OOM 1296. My best mark was, of course numerical, the one that doesn't count :(

Yeah but think of how many people will fail - it’s still 3 more stages to go.

Someone was saying that Revenue owe as many posts to the interdepartmental panel as all the other Departments combined......... Have they been ignoring the interdepartmental panel as a matter of course for literally years?

Don't know about that.... i got Revenue on Inter D EO a few yrs ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Don't know about that.... i got Revenue on Inter D EO a few yrs ago...

That's at EO, The Revenue internal HEO panel last time had over 200 candidates in Dublin alone and they ran it down. There are only 1000ish HEO Revenue posts in the whole country so I doubt they are pulling in sequence at all and they'll only pull from the inter if you're with Revenue already...

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Are DEPR going to force them? cause they have another extensive internal HEO campaign ongoing for dublin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

I spoke to an old AP of mine last year. She was dismayed at the fact that three different people had been offered a vacant HEO position on her team and each of them turned it down when they were told they had to do the two year diploma in taxation. When I worked for her she was a massive fan of the diploma, but when I spoke to her last year she said it was undoubtedly becoming an obstacle, blocking 'new blood' from joining Revenue from other departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

You are just below me on the panel, I did the same. Practiced the numerical like mad. Flew it. Pretty high score well above the requisite but my verbal was a little down 🤬

Yeah but think of how many people will fail - it’s still 3 more stages to go.

Has anyone confirmed how many more stages there are? Do they always use all of the possible stages included in the booklets?

Has anyone confirmed how many more stages there are? Do they always use all of the possible stages included in the booklets?

I think it will be

Stage 1 - exams
    Stage 2 - video questionnaire
    Stage 3 - interview
    Stage 4 - presentation

A friend of a friend was called to interview on the 2019 panel about a month ago and a week later found out she passed but had to do a presentation the week after that.

I can’t imagine an e tray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭eroc79

I think it will be

Stage 1 - exams
    Stage 2 - video questionnaire
    Stage 3 - interview
    Stage 4 - presentation

A friend of a friend was called to interview on the 2019 panel about a month ago and a week later found out she passed but had to do a presentation the week after that.

I can’t imagine an e tray.

If that's the 2019 panel they probably have to keep it consistent with those who were called earlier in the comp.
    Our comp could be done differently because it started while everything has been remote.
    Hard to predict with PAS
    The AP comp had an etray excercise

Advertisement