Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gillouise

Folks, any idea when the Regionals will start to be called?
    I'm in the regional for the Interdepartmental heo comp and still waiting on being called for the Video Interview... I believe it's a 3 minute video piece and it's a discussion on one or more of your competencies. Am I correct in thinking that? Anyone throw any light on what areas I could be preparing in advance would be a great help.

You're asked 3 specific questions regarding the competencies - given 3 minutes to answer each and an introductory question that isn't scored which is 1 minute 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

With regards when they might be moving the process on for regional panels, i got the below reply from PAS

"We intend to bring cohort of candidates for Dublin through to the final stages of the competition in order to fill vacancies that are outstanding for Dublin. After this we will then look at calling candidates who have selected other counties on a demand led basis."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

^^^

I reckon that means there'll be no movement as regards the regions for at least a couple of months, and even then, not even for all regions.

I'm high enough on the OOM for two counties myself, but I definitely won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Longfordgal

I'm in the same boat as you Uncle Pierre... ah it's a pity really..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

If marking for this competition follows the AP 2020 pattern, I expect to have our results this day week. They took three weeks to come out.

I heard that an internal competition was announced last week in Agriculture. Lots of movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

If marking for this competition follows the AP 2020 pattern, I expect to have our results this day week. They took three weeks to come out.

I heard that an internal competition was announced last week in Agriculture. Lots of movement.

How many were called to stage 2 in the AP I wonder though?

How many were called to stage 2 in the AP I wonder though?

I don't know, it is hard to say. There would be less AP positions but I would imagine as it was an open competition there might be more applicants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Sent a mail this morning asking when we might expect the results to issue, just got this reply:

We envision that results will be issued at the end of April early May, However this could be subject to change.

The results will be issued to your public jobs message board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

What number have they called (Dublin) does anyone know?

What number have they called (Dublin) does anyone know?

366 to stage 2. That’s it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭lucat

366 to stage 2. That’s it so far.

God that's not a lot considering only 50% or so make it through each stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

How likely is this competition to run for its complete term?

With the effects of the pandemic is there likely to be a moratorium on public appointments similar to what happened in 2009 ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How likely is this competition to run for its complete term?

With the effects of the pandemic is there likely to be a moratorium on public appointments similar to what happened in 2009 ?

There are a staggering number of vacancies in several different Departments- and some internal AP competitions are being held up- as there are no HEOs to backfill positions. Even in regional locations, there are vacancies (how many or where, I don't know).

I imagine there will be a push on to fill these positions ASAP, given the rumours of an upcoming embargo on recruitment and promotions (note- there is also a rumour of an incentivised early retirement scheme for pre-95 staff aged 51+, which will, if it comes to pass, open up a hell of a lot more positions too).

There are a few log jams at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Gillouise

Results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Steph1234

I see stage 2 results are coming out. Must be starting with the rejections �� failed on decision making.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

I just got my results, I passed and got placed 60 on the OOM. Roll on stage 3.....

I passed, but not in 1st round for interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Steph1234 wrote: »
    I see stage 2 results are coming out. Must be starting with the rejections �� failed on decision making.

Me too! Disappointed as I spent quite a while preparing and made sure not to use a script. The most annoying thing is you don’t even know where you went wrong, the feedback is so vague.

Kenevil wrote: »
    Sent a mail this morning asking when we might expect the results to issue, just got this reply:

We envision that results will be issued at the end of April early May, However this could be subject to change.

The results will be issued to your public jobs message board

Would you have that email to hand by chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Not in the initial hundred, hopefully be called at some stage.

• Advertisement

Passed and made the OOM but got 171. Only the first 100 are bring brought through to the next round. Not sure what that means in terms of getting through to the interview stage.

Well done to everyone who made it through and hard luck to those who didn't.

Claireyy wrote: »
    Would you have that email to hand by chance?

The email address?

Kenevil wrote: »
    The email address?

Yes please, thank you! I’d just like to know where I went wrong. Well done on passing too!

Claireyy wrote: »
    Yes please, thank you! I’d just like to know where I went wrong. Well done on passing too!

Thanks, and sorry to you. I hate that they are so vague with feedback.

The email is largevolumerecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Out, which is disappointing to say the least. My dept offers nothing in terms of team leadership opportunities at EO so it's always hard to come up with a decent example. I won't be bothering again, too old at this stage! Congrats though to everyone who got through and good luck in the next stage.

Top 5 with 70 in Team Leadership and 90s in the rest.

Never managed anyone before in my life so just took a project which I was lead on and how I cajoled everyone into making it a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Top 5 with high 80 in Team Leadership and low 90s in the rest.

Never managed anyone before in my life so just took a project which I was lead on and how I cajoled everyone into making it a success.

Brilliant! I used a volunteer based example!

Not Top 100 but I wasn't Top 100 in the OOM originally :)

Anyone know how many got placed in previous campaigns? In the mid 100s and wondering how likely an interview is.

redmgar wrote: »
    Anyone know how many got placed in previous campaigns? In the mid 100s and wondering how likely an interview is.

If you’re mid 100s for Dublin after stage 2 - very soon I’d say.

Below is what the next stage will involve. Great that there’s no presentation to deal with.

From reading this do you think they’re not doing any further shortlisting based on the application form? I’m conscious that there were people on the 2019 panel who were refused an interview based on their form so I’m the smallest bit apprehensive!

Initially, we will be inviting candidates placed up to & including 100 on the OOM to Stage 3 (final stage) and further details will issue as soon as possible. Please note that candidates will only be invited to undertake the final stage once irrespective of location choices. Candidates must attend when invited.

• Advertisement

If you’re mid 100s for Dublin after stage 2 - very soon I’d say.

Below is what the next stage will involve. Great that there’s no presentation to deal with.

From reading this do you think they’re not doing any further shortlisting based on the application form? I’m conscious that there were people on the 2019 panel who were refused an interview based on their form so I’m the smallest bit apprehensive!

Initially, we will be inviting candidates placed up to & including 100 on the OOM to Stage 3 (final stage) and further details will issue as soon as possible. Please note that candidates will only be invited to undertake the final stage once irrespective of location choices. Candidates must attend when invited.
    Yes mid 100 after stage 2, I see that they are bringing only 100 through initially.

Are we sure that there is no presentation?

Advertisement