Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Anyone doing the Sonru interview for Cork, I wonder what number they called up to?
    Did anyone over 40, 50.... on their Cork result get called? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

Samjd wrote: »
    Anyone doing the Sonru interview for Cork, I wonder what number they called up to?
    Did anyone over 40, 50.... on their Cork result get called? Thanks

Mid 50’s for Cork was called.....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭boccers

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Yeah I did ok and got placed 60 on the OOM, interview and presentation in about 2 weeks time.

Would you mind me asking if you used any of the same examples from your application form in the video interview? Are they expecting different examples or to elaborate on the ones you already put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

boccers wrote:
    Would you mind me asking if you used any of the same examples from your application form in the video interview? Are they expecting different examples or to elaborate on the ones you already put in?

I used the same examples that were on my application, I just expanded on them a little bit and used the star method.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 H252

Hi first time posting 🙂just wondering about the examples people have used, have you gone with recent examples (past few years) or can older examples be used from previous employment please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭lucat

Does anyone know if the application form is used to screen applicants at any stage prior to the live interview (I'm assuming there will be one)? Was it used when scoring the Sonru interview for example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

lucat wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the application form is used to screen applicants at any stage prior to the live interview (I'm assuming there will be one)? Was it used when scoring the Sonru interview for example?

Nope. No shortlisting by application form. But they will have access to it .

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Anyone called from Kerry for Stage 2 ?

Anyone called from Kerry for Stage 2 ?

Yes, so I’ve heard......

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heavy.c

Would anyone know how many were called for Limerick? Im OMM 30 for Limerick and haven't heard anything.

Would it be likely that more people will be called for stage 2 at a later date before the panel expires?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Shill007

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the results from Stage 2 of the Video Shortlisting for the regional locations. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

H252 wrote: »
    Hi first time posting ��just wondering about the examples people have used, have you gone with recent examples (past few years) or can older examples be used from previous employment please

There is no real hard and fast rule, but my general rule would be that if I am using an example from outside the last 2-4 years it would need to be an exceptionally strong example. I generally kept older examples and examples from outside of work as my backup examples for the interview where on any of the competencies you can be asked if you have another example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

^^

On this - my Department had an internal competition late last year, and there was an interview training & advice session as part of the process.

Somebody asked this. The answer was that it's fine to give older examples from previous employment, but as Pogue eile says here, anything older than about five years would have to be very strong indeed.

As it happens, I used one that's about seven years old in that interview. And while I wasn't successful overall, it's actually the one that I scored highest on. I'm using it again this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

For those of you that got called for Carlow.. were you under 10 or under 20 OOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I'm in the top 10 for Carlow and top 20 for Wexford, but can't tell which one I was actually called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

I'm in the top 10 for Carlow and top 20 for Wexford, but can't tell which one I was actually called for.

Thank you! I’m early 20’s Carlow and haven’t been called so wondering if 20 was the cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Just did my stage 2, I caught myself up a few times, but thats life, at least it is done. I certainly won't be watching it all back ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Breezer25

I had no intention of watching mine back.

I found the whole one way thing very off putting being able to see yourself on camera and then the countdown timer going.

Shill007 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get the results from Stage 2 of the Video Shortlisting for the regional locations. Thanks.

I’m going with 3 weeks from today. That’s just going by other competitons timelines. So if we say 3 weeks from today is end of May, one weeks notice of presentation topic and a further 2 weeks..... Could be end of July before the whole competition completed. Open to corrections......my best guesstimate....

daenis123 wrote: »
    I’m going with 3 weeks from today. That’s just going by other competitons timelines. So if we say 3 weeks from today is end of May, one weeks notice of presentation topic and a further 2 weeks..... Could be end of July before the whole competition completed. Open to corrections......my best guesstimate....

I presume there won't be a stage 4 for anyone lucky enough to get through stage 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Best of luck to those in stage 2 and just be prepared for the research report and presentation in stage 3. It’s taking up a lot of my time and eating into my interview prep. Definitely going to trip up a lot of people.
    RC01 wrote: »
    I presume there won't be a stage 4 for anyone lucky enough to get through stage 3?

There won’t be a stage 4. Stage 3 is the final stage.

Best of luck to you too, it is a very short time frame to do a research report, presentation and prep for interview. Hope it all goes well ��

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

RC01 wrote: »
    Just did my stage 2, I caught myself up a few times, but thats life, at least it is done. I certainly won't be watching it all back ��

Hope you did well. I still have to do mine tomorrow. Can’t believe this has happened to me on the last day but unexpected events. Hope I sleep tonight ugh.

caarp wrote: »
    Hope you did well. I still have to do mine tomorrow. Can’t believe this has happened to me on the last day but unexpected events. Hope I sleep tonight ugh.

You will do fine, I would take it over an interview anyday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Ck18 wrote: »

Under ten

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EllieKelly123

Ck18 wrote: »
    I was called to stage 2, in the top ten in Carlow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lemon drop

Stage 3..... be ready to dedicate loads of time for the practical exercise. I’m genuinely at the point of not following through with stage 3 :( my brain feels like it will explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Lemon drop wrote:
    Stage 3..... be ready to dedicate loads of time for the practical exercise. I’m genuinely at the point of not following through with stage 3 my brain feels like it will explode.

Ha ha same, I have an idea but I need to flesh it out and pin it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

You are on the final stretch now. Keep going it'll be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bullet93

Lemon drop wrote: »
    Stage 3..... be ready to dedicate loads of time for the practical exercise. I’m genuinely at the point of not following through with stage 3 :( my brain feels like it will explode.

Couldn't agree more. I only got mine yesterday and haven't a clue on how to start it. I've never done anything like this in my life.

Advertisement