Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

bullet93 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. I only got mine yesterday and haven't a clue on how to start it. I've never done anything like this in my life.

Same here. I'm not sure where to start...or finish. Or what to put in the middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lemon drop

Couldn't agree more. I only got mine yesterday and haven't a clue on how to start it. I've never done anything like this in my life.

Got mine yesterday too. I’ve never had to do anything like this. That’s exactly my thinking, where do I start or if I’ll bother starting at all. It’s definitely going to eliminate plenty! Then I’m trying to tell myself that this is the last hurdle so give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

After going this far, a practical exercise is definitely no bother to all.

Just practice in advance and sure give it your best shot!

Good luck and maybe let rest of us know how it goes?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

This is reflective of how out of my depth I am in this competition but what even is a research report? Are you writing an essay or talking about it in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

Lemon drop wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday too. I’ve never had to do anything like this. That’s exactly my thinking, where do I start or if I’ll bother starting at all. It’s definitely going to eliminate plenty! Then I’m trying to tell myself that this is the last hurdle so give it a shot.

What are the topics? Keep going. the worst that can happen is you don't make it butyou'll kick yourself if you don't try for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CivilServant91

Do people mind saying what the details are in Stage 3 with the interview and presentation? I passed Stage 2 but didn't make the initial top 100..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bullet93

Did you or anyone find a sample online of this? I can't find anything at all like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The_Gardener

Finished my stage 2 for Limerick earlier. Relief! This thread has been a great resource, thank you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 heavy.c

Finished my stage 2 for Limerick earlier. Relief! This thread has been a great resource, thank you all.

Can i ask what number you got in stage 1? Im trying to figure out how many got called for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lemon drop

Did you or anyone find a sample online of this? I can't find anything at all like this!

I can’t find anything to help on line. in fact I’m beginning to think I’ve not understood what I’m being asked to do. I know it shouldn’t be easy but everyone that’s gone the this is a CO/EO, would they have the experience? The only thing is a few of us appear to be in the same boat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 The_Gardener

heavy.c wrote: »
    Can i ask what number you got in stage 1? Im trying to figure out how many got called for Limerick.

I was in the single digits so not a clue where they stopped, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

I can’t find anything to help on line. in fact I’m beginning to think I’ve not understood what I’m being asked to do. I know it shouldn’t be easy but everyone that’s gone the this is a CO/EO, would they have the experience? The only thing is a few of us appear to be in the same boat!

Yeah, it's reassuring to know a few others are feeling the same! I definitely feel like I misunderstood it in my panic yesterday so I'll approach it with fresh eyes later and break it down line by line. Remember, this is replacing what was a 90 minute preparation exercise in past competitions, so while there's a bit more to it, I don't think it can be half as complicated or in depth as it first appeared. Also, there's no right or wrong answer, we just need to be able to support ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Just did my stage 2 video presentation questions for Wexford. Delighted that's behind me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minime21

Well done everyone who has done so well to get this far. I've just completed my video shortlisting, phew, what a relief to have it done now, it's been hanging over me like a tonne of bricks!
    Can anybody tell me do we get a new OOM based on our score from the Video Shortlisting (Stage 2)?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

minime21 wrote:
    Well done everyone who has done so well to get this far. I've just completed my video shortlisting, phew, what a relief to have it done now, it's been hanging over me like a tonne of bricks! Can anybody tell me do we get a new OOM based on our score from the Video Shortlisting (Stage 2)?

You do indeedy

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Sounds like it could favour anyone with access to help......

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Stage 3..... be ready to dedicate loads of time for the practical exercise. I’m genuinely at the point of not following through with stage 3 :( my brain feels like it will explode.

Is it that bad? Do you do the practical exercise before and submit or is it part of the interview process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Best of luck to everyone doing their stage 3 this week !

Here’s hoping there’s a quick turn around on the results anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I served as TCO for seven months in Revenue years ago. Would that service count towards the 2 years service needed for future interdepartmental competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Vologda69 wrote: »
    I served as TCO for seven months in Revenue years ago. Would that service count towards the 2 years service needed for future interdepartmental competitions?

Yes it counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Beeabell

No you would need to be currently serving as a CS with a minimum of 2 years done.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

If you email PAS they would be best to advise on this. Good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Yes it definitely does count.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Hi, does anyone have the (PAS) contact e-mail for this competition?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

Hi, does anyone have the (PAS) contact e-mail for this competition?

Thanks

LargeVolumeRecruitment5@publicjobs.ie

daenis123 wrote: »

I actually emailed them this morn about the interview that finished 13th May but they’ve no date yet....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I actually emailed them this morn about the interview that finished 13th May but they’ve no date yet....

No date for the results? Because I emailed them today asking the same time.

I know for the last batch of HEO it only took a week but I don’t know how many they might have been interviewing.

My gut is telling me the end of next week for results.

No date for the results? Because I emailed them today asking the same time.

I know for the last batch of HEO it only took a week but I don’t know how many they might have been interviewing.

My gut is telling me the end of next week for results.

Have the results for the first batch of interviews been released already? Is this the second week of interviews? Or are you talking about a previous competition? Sorry, confused!

caarp wrote: »
    Have the results for the first batch of interviews been released already? Is this the second week of interviews? Or are you talking about a previous competition? Sorry, confused!

Soz—- I may have confused both yourself and KeepKeyYellow. I emailed PAS looking for dates for results of the Stage 2 Video interview. My regions closing date for the recorded one way interview was May 13th. Glad they didn’t interview on Interpersonal Communication Skills 🙄

• Advertisement

Soz—- I may have confused both yourself and KeepKeyYellow. I emailed PAS looking for dates for results of the Stage 2 Video interview. My regions closing date for the recorded one way interview was May 13th. Glad they didn’t interview on Interpersonal Communication Skills ��

Aw, gotcha, no worries. I'd like to know that too myself. I did my stage 2 video on Thursday 13th too. Let us know if you hear anything back from them. I think the results for the first Dublin batch of 339 got their results from stage 2 about 3 weeks after the closing date - not perfectly sure so open to correction here. Maybe somebody from the first Dublin batch could let us know?

Advertisement