Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Whoops sorry I was asking re stage 3 Dublin.

So I checked the timeline for stage 2 and I got the results 2 weeks 5 days after the deadline. But 360 people were interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Whoops sorry I was asking re stage 3 Dublin.

So I checked the timeline for stage 2 and I got the results 2 weeks 5 days after the deadline. But 360 people were interviewed.

What exactly was involved in stage 3? Cheers

What exactly was involved in stage 3? Cheers

Interview, and research paper and presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EER40

Does anyone know how many from the Dublin panel were called to stage 3?

Interview, and research paper and presentation.

Wow okay, seems like a lot involved there!

Afaik, some internal HEO comps went straight to interview, seems you have to go through the ringer for the open HEO....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

EER40 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many from the Dublin panel were called to stage 3?

I passed stage 1 (DUBLIN)

OOM in the 1,100, what are the chances of being called to next stage? Does anyone know...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EER40

RosieV wrote: »

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done interview yet and if so do you get any break at all between presentation and interview? Best of luck to all btw.

neevobeevo wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has done interview yet and if so do you get any break at all between presentation and interview? Best of luck to all btw.

Nope just a minute to refill your water but they keep on talking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Nope just a minute to refill your water but they keep on talking

Did they just stick to the competencies on the application or did they throw anymore in???

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stevieb.hoi

Has anyone had any issues contacting PAS lately? I sent several emails since 9am today and still haven’t received a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Has anyone had any issues contacting PAS lately? I sent several emails since 9am today and still haven’t received a response.

It often takes a few days for them to get back to general queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lagunasecastig

It does count as service time for future competitions, don't mind the other person saying it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Wow okay, seems like a lot involved there!

Afaik, some internal HEO comps went straight to interview, seems you have to go through the ringer for the open HEO....

Is there an open HEO or are you referring to this Interdepartmental HEO Competition?

rostalof wrote: »
    Is there an open HEO or are you referring to this Interdepartmental HEO Competition?

Sorry , meant this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

Reply from PAS this morning

Hi *******,

We plan to have the videos assessed at the start of June, so results will probably issue sometime in late June.

Looks like it will be a long wait on the regional results...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

Hi *******,

We plan to have the videos assessed at the start of June, so results will probably issue sometime in late June.

That’s bonkers.. If we make the next round great, but if we don’t there will be a one-liner ‘did not demonstrate sufficient competency in ...’. Poor return for investing so much time and emotional energy. Please let me be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minime21

Thanks for that... I must say that it's more than a bit of a shock to see that they are leaving our video shortlisting THAT long before even reviewing! It's really hard to believe, like why did they call some of us for regionals if they'd planned on leaving us on the long finger.. it just doesn't make sense. I'm feeling a wee bit disappointed now this morning in honesty, as I had made the assumption that the few of us that were called for some of the regionals were for counties where there was currently a demand. Obvs not so. I must remember to never "assume" anything when it comes to Pas :-(

Hi *******,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The_Gardener

Slightly OT, did anyone who placed on the 2018 internal revenue HEO outside Dublin get contacted recently about stage 2? No recent updates on that thread. They must have loads of retirements that they are pulling from that list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

I wouldn’t take that email as a given......I emailed previously and was told that the second stage of the regional wouldn’t take place until the first Dublin batch was complete and then a few days later, got the email for it. Think there is a history of giving dates further in the future to avoid unrealised expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

That was my first thought too regarding the timelines - but it does insinuate that they haven't even reviewed the videos yet, so I'm not holding my breath on results being issued before mid/end June

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minime21

Thanks very much cmac8, you've given me hope, appreciated!

Are there any stage 3 interviews for Dublin taking place next week ? Trying to gauge when results might be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

As far as I can tell 1st 100 called will have been interviewed by the end of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

neevobeevo wrote:
    As far as I can tell 1st 100 called will have been interviewed by the end of today.

Results by next week maybe......

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Does anyone know if the next batch being called for stage 3 will be the next 100 from stage 2? Or will it be a new batch brought forward from stage 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

Does anyone know if the next batch being called for stage 3 will be the next 100 from stage 2? Or will it be a new batch brought forward from stage 1?

I imagine they will have to finish with current batch and bring them forward to a panel before going back to call next batch to stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nedzer12

Anyone know the pass/failure rate at this final stage in general? I did mine this week. It was a car crash for me. I have never felt as uncomfortable about an interview. Nothing was hard about it as such. I just had a terrible day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 stevieb.hoi

Nedzer12 wrote: »
    Anyone know the pass/failure rate at this final stage in general? I did mine this week. It was a car crash for me. I have never felt as uncomfortable about an interview. Nothing was hard about it as such. I just had a terrible day.

Unsure about the pass/failure rate but I believe all you have to do is hit the minimum mark in each competency in the interview/presentation/report to pass.

In the last HEO competition the pass mark for the interview was 41/100 for each competency.

There was a different set up for the presentation side but I think the pass mark there was about 45%.

Advertisement