Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

RosieV wrote:
    Stage 3 results are expected by the end of next week.

Might even be earlier, for some reason Public Jobs have been sending out the results on a Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

RosieV wrote: »
    Stage 3 results are expected by the end of next week.

Did you email and ask or?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

Did you email and ask or?

The PAS rep told me 10 days at the end of my interview. Didn't ask if that was working days or including weekends so I've overestimated there!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

I think they meant their original OOM (5 & 10) was following the Stage 1 aptitude tests etc, and they are concerned about the OOM being worse following Stage 2 Video Shortlisting.

FWIW - I would assume anyone who passes their video shortlisting for the regionals will be called for Stage 3 interview. I don't think OOM will be as important/restrictive as the Dublin batches, due to the volume of people called etc..
    I'm hoping anyway.....just want the results either way now!

That is exactly what I meant, thanks. I’m outside Dublin so hopefully you are right 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rebelinho

Rebelinho wrote: »
    Hi, I ranked 34 & 54 for Kerry/Limerick respectively after Round 1 back in March. Haven't heard anything since.

Have they started Stage 2 for Kerry/Limerick at all or just a case of they have not (or will not) reach me?

Anybody? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sinniewinnie

Hi Rebelinho,
    I know of someone who has Kerry/Limerick as their options who was called. Think they were in the first 20 for both and not sure which they were called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

In Kerry they have called up to OOM 16 for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

I am a similar ranking but for Kerry and one other. The notification of my stage 2 does not specify which of the two OOMs they use to you to bring you forward for. Does that make sense?

So if I got OOM 30 for county1 and OOM 50 for county 2, I have no idea if the invite to next stage is for county 1 or 2. PAS prob know but we can’t tell from their messages to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sinniewinnie

Hi Rebelinho,
    I know of someone who has Kerry/Limerick as their options who was called. Think they were in the first 20 for both and not sure which they were called for.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

I was ranked 171 after Stage 2 (Dublin) and just got called to stage 3. Moving very quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 farmboy1

I was ranked 171 after Stage 2 (Dublin) and just got called to stage 3. Moving very quickly!

What OOM in your initial application, as. Just wondering will they do a 2nd call up

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JULESLEMON

Question, if you have two counties selected, and you do a final interview for the one and are successful, are you then on the panel for both counties?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

JULESLEMON wrote: »
    Question, if you have two counties selected, and you do a final interview for the one and are successful, are you then on the panel for both counties?

You retain your order of merit for the second county- but are not necessarily on the panel until such time as your place in the order of merit is paneled- and you receive a panel place at that time- based on the result of your interview.

Aka- you may receive a panel place for the second county in due course- but its not guaranteed- either way, you don't do a second interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CJMB

If they are beginning to call the second batch for stage 3 in Dublin, you would imagine that the scores and results for the first batch who did stage 3 have been fully recorded. Perhaps those results will issue by the end of this week? Or maybe that's just hopeful put-me-out-of-my-misery thinking!

CJMB wrote: »
    If they are beginning to call the second batch for stage 3 in Dublin, you would imagine that the scores and results for the first batch who did stage 3 have been fully recorded. Perhaps those results will issue by the end of this week? Or maybe that's just hopeful put-me-out-of-my-misery thinking!

Not going to lie I thought the same thing - I know with EO it’s been generally 2 weeks but with the last batch of interviews for the 2019 panel the results came out in a week but definitely had less people.

Really just want to know so I can move on with my life ! There’s an internal panel coming up in my organisation too which I’d rather not start work on unless I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Not going to lie I thought the same thing - I know with EO it’s been generally 2 weeks but with the last batch of interviews for the 2019 panel the results came out in a week but definitely had less people.

Really just want to know so I can move on with my life ! There’s an internal panel coming up in my organisation too which I’d rather not start work on unless I need to.

Would that be Housing, bac?!!!

caarp wrote: »
    Would that be Housing, bac?!!!

I’d rather not say where I work sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CivilServant91

Do people mind saying what the options were for presentation/research topic were for Stage 3? In the 180s after stage 2 and got called for Interview

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rebelinho

Hi Rebelinho,
    In Kerry they have called up to OOM 16 for stage 2.
    daenis123 wrote: »
    I am a similar ranking but for Kerry and one other. The notification of my stage 2 does not specify which of the two OOMs they use to you to bring you forward for. Does that make sense?

So if I got OOM 30 for county1 and OOM 50 for county 2, I have no idea if the invite to next stage is for county 1 or 2. PAS prob know but we can’t tell from their messages to us.

Really appreciate the info folks... seems they just haven't reach me so. I just did an internal interview so if I'm incredibly lucky hopefully I can ditch the Inter-D altogether :D

Do people mind saying what the options were for presentation/research topic were for Stage 3? In the 180s after stage 2 and got called for Interview

Wouldn’t be much help as it’s different for everyone. You get 3 off options and they’re daunting at first but you get used to them quickly.

I would say that it takes up a lot of time though so start working on your interview prep now before the work on the presentation starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

farmboy1 wrote: »
    What OOM in your initial application, as. Just wondering will they do a 2nd call up

After Stage 1 I was ranked 244 on the OOM. After Stage 2 that changed to 171.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

I’d rather not say where I work sorry !

No worries at all! Totally get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 liverbird1

Anyone know when results of Regional Stage 2 video interviews likely to be out? It's been 2 weeks now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

liverbird1 wrote: »
    Anyone know when results of Regional Stage 2 video interviews likely to be out? It's been 2 weeks now...

It was roughly 3 weeks for stage 2 results for 1st batch of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Is it not a bit unusual for them to have called a second batch for stage 3 for Dublin. When they haven't issued results for the 1st batch?

I got a date for stage 3 yesterday. Still in 2 minds if i want to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

Hi all,

Does anyone know if all six competencies are discussed individually in the interview or is it just those on the application form?
    Is the Communication competency tested through the presentation exercise?
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lefrenchpanda

Hi all,

Does anyone know if all six competencies are discussed individually in the interview or is it just those on the application form?
    Is the Communication competency tested through the presentation exercise?
    Tia

All competencies were discussed. Self Development was examined throughout but then the chair asked 2 Qs on it before the interview ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

Results are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Failed me on Judgements Analysis and Decision Making. Cheers for everything guys I'm out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Sarahlaois

Hi Rosie V
    Results for what?

Advertisement