Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 divine13

Kenevil wrote: »
    Do they not say on their mail "inviting up to xxxOOM"

I know in the first batch they did
    No there is no indication of how many are invited. It just states that I've been invited to Stage 2, outlines test window times and includes a link to Familiarisation Material

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

It would be great to know how many people got through on the Dublin 1st batch, as in passed the online interviews.

Has anyone ever asked PAS such a question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Anyone having trouble logging into PublicJobs.ie at the moment? Have tried on two different devices.

Doh - just saw this:
    "Due to essential maintenance on 1st of June between 12:00 and 15:00pm users may experience some disruption"
    Why did I not check my notice earlier? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bellatwin13

In terms of the questions for the video interview shortlisting, have people been giving one example or a few examples for each competency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

In terms of the questions for the video interview shortlisting, have people been giving one example or a few examples for each competency?

Ideally you should focus on one well prepared solid example for each competency, that hits each part of the competency (from the civil service competency wheel).

If you have time left to spare, and I doubt you will if its a good example, then you can add in something else at the end.

Write up each competency you want to use, open up the civil service heo competency guide and tick off how many parts you hit in your own written one and add to it /adapt it to include any missing ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Cavabella

Has anyone been called to Stage 2 who chose Louth or Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

Kenevil wrote: »
    By any chance do you know up to what OOM are they calling for stage 2?

I got called and I'm high 700's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone know how Kildare is progressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

Hi All, I am waiting on results of Stage 2 for Galway and Clare. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Hi All, I am waiting on results of Stage 2 for Galway and Clare. Anyone else?

Non of the regional stage 2 results are out yet. Someone posted a little further back that pas aim to have them out by the end of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

Thanks for that, i didn't realise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I got called and I'm high 700's.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bellatwin13

italodisco wrote: »
    Ideally you should focus on one well prepared solid example for each competency, that hits each part of the competency (from the civil service competency wheel).

If you have time left to spare, and I doubt you will if its a good example, then you can add in something else at the end.

Write up each competency you want to use, open up the civil service heo competency guide and tick off how many parts you hit in your own written one and add to it /adapt it to include any missing ones

Thanks you! I thought as much but appreciate the steer. Time to find my best examples so lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbo1908

Has anyone who agreed to clearance heard anything back from PAS? Didn't get any acknowledgement of them having received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CJMB

Jimbo1908 wrote: »
    Has anyone who agreed to clearance heard anything back from PAS? Didn't get any acknowledgement of them having received it.

I did. In the email I had requested them to confirm they had received it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

CJMB wrote: »
    I did. In the email I had requested them to confirm they had received it

I didn't ask them to confirm receipt (probably should have!) but I got two separate email confirmations yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

Jimbo1908 wrote: »

Yes, I got an automatic reply and an email acknowledging receipt, both went into my junk folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbo1908

I better get on to them then!! Nothing in my spam folder either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I got the automatic one and a separate acknowledgment on Monday morning.

Just want my offer so I can stop religiously refreshing boards.ie

Third email from clearance just now with the self declaration form.

• Advertisement

RosieV wrote: »
    Third email from clearance just now with the self declaration form.

Haven't got that yet. Is it to give them permission to speak to previous/current employers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bullet93

CJMB wrote: »
    Haven't got that yet. Is it to give them permission to speak to previous/current employers etc?

As far as I know when you confirmed you wanted to carry on to clearance you gave them permission to contact employers

It's to declare you meet the eligibility requirements and check your department is the same as your application stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Late 20s and got my clearance form too. This is lightning speed.

Late 20s and got my clearance form too. This is lightning speed.

I'm in the 20's and got mine this morning also. Just sent it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tarmina 2021

I'm waiting on stage 2, early 50's for Cork

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone called for Kildare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Has anyone with upcoming interviews received the presentation subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

redmgar wrote: »
    Has anyone with upcoming interviews received the presentation subjects?

No, not yet. I have my interview in about two weeks, but they stated that it would be sent 7 days in advance of your interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 MBOS

Hi there - been called for the recorded interview "Stage 2" where you are just talking to the computer no people - greatly appreciate any tips if anyone has already done it?

Advertisement