Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

MBOS wrote: »
    Hi there - been called for the recorded interview "Stage 2" where you are just talking to the computer no people - greatly appreciate any tips if anyone has already done it?

Don't be afraid to rely heavily on script

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

No, not yet. I have my interview in about two weeks, but they stated that it would be sent 7 days in advance of your interview.

Just a word of advice, use this next week to really work on the interview part - get your competencies sorted (and have back up examples, I recall during my interview that he asked me to give an example of a competency from a time before I joined the civil service just for variety) and know your form inside out. When you do get the presentation options you're going to need to focus almost exclusively on this for the week (I found it to be a bit of a headwrecker and I recall others on this sub did to) so better to have as much else sorted in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 daenis123

No, not yet. I have my interview in about two weeks, but they stated that it would be sent 7 days in advance of your interview.

Are you Dublin or regionals ??? Regionals that completed video interview 13th May haven’t been called yet to stage 3 afaik, so just wondering what your locations are....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Elpeep wrote: »
    Just a word of advice, use this next week to really work on the interview part - get your competencies sorted (and have back up examples, I recall during my interview that he asked me to give an example of a competency from a time before I joined the civil service just for variety) and know your form inside out. When you do get the presentation options you're going to need to focus almost exclusively on this for the week (I found it to be a bit of a headwrecker and I recall others on this sub did to) so better to have as much else sorted in advance.

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated! I have been preparing backup examples for this reason but not so much outside CS experience so there's an area I should look at a bit more.

I've heard the presentation research can be time consuming so have been heavily focusing on interview ahead of the topics coming out.

daenis123 wrote: »
    Are you Dublin or regionals ??? Regionals that completed video interview 13th May haven’t been called yet to stage 3 afaik, so just wondering what your locations are....

This is for Dublin :)

Thanks HydroTendon. So PAS are going to complete 2 batches for Dublin, it seems, before completing any outside Dublin. Many vacancies there, as evidenced by speed of clearance.

Best of luck, do share any tips tricks etc- I’ll just keep refreshing my publicjobs in vain hope of being able to move on with my life .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Tarmina 2021

When are regional results likely to be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Would somebody from the Dublin interviews please check their messages on pas and just see the amount of time between the closing date of stage 2 and the results being issued please?
    I was looking through my messages for the two EO comps I was successful with and a friend of mine checked from her previous heo comps too and they seem to be a standard set time frame that’s the same for them all so I’m hoping that it will be the same with this one.

The waiting is one of the most frustrating things. Second guessing and over thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Purpletoes wrote: »
    Would somebody from the Dublin interviews please check their messages on pas and just see the amount of time between the closing date of stage 2 and the results being issued please?
    I was looking through my messages for the two EO comps I was successful with and a friend of mine checked from her previous heo comps too and they seem to be a standard set time frame that’s the same for them all so I’m hoping that it will be the same with this one.

The waiting is one of the most frustrating things. Second guessing and over thinking!

4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 warriorscode

Anyone called for Kildare?
    Have not heard a thing since the oom placings were released several months ago. Know a few who applied and nobody has seen any progress, very disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

Purpletoes wrote: »

Deadline for S2 was 08/04 and results were received on 27/04.

In terms of S3, harder to quantify as they weren't all done on one day, but between my interview date and results received it was 11 days.

• Advertisement

In terms of S3, harder to quantify as they weren't all done on one day, but between my interview date and results received it was 11 days.

Thanks a million, so hopefully hear something next week then. Our deadline was 13th May for stage 2 to be completed. As it’s a bank hol weekend I was convinced we would get an email today but pretty sure it would have happened by now.

4 weeks

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Thanks for that information. So we are 3 weeks after stage 2 now, so maybe we'll hear today? Before the bank holiday weekend?!!!

caarp wrote: »
    Thanks for that information. So we are 3 weeks after stage 2 now, so maybe we'll hear today? Before the bank holiday weekend?!!!

I wouldn’t hold breath for today, they do it by county and my county starts with c so they would be cutting it fine now, it’s generally earlier in the day. I really hope I’m prooved wrong tho :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Hi, what number have they called (Dublin) for the stage 2 (interview with the camera!)

Thanks ^_^

How did you find stage 2 Purpletoes? Still time for Cork 😀

How did you find stage 2 Purpletoes? Still time for Cork 😀

I’m actually Carlow. Found it awful to be totally honest. I’m usually fine with interviews and did the prep etc but just felt flustered and rushed with delivery of answers. I had bullet points on the screen but not a script. May aw well not have had them because I just went off on my own schpeel anyway!! I had top 10 and 5 oom’s for my two counties before but if I scrapped through it I’m sure I will have taken a significant drop!

I just want to be put out of my misery one way or the other haha.

How did you find it?

Apologies Carlow �� I studied hard for it and knew alot of it off but found it difficult. The longer the wait, the more I think I failed. How many were called for Carlow?

Apologies Carlow �� I studied hard for it and knew alot of it off but found it difficult. The longer the wait, the more I think I failed. How many were called for Carlow?

Not sure, the message just said up to 366 from Dublin and then regionals. It’s a mystery :) I’m thinking the same way as you, the longer we wait the more doubt I’m filled with

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jacktipps

I was OOM in the 400s for Dublin after stage 1. Was there shortlisting for stage 2 or did they jyst call everyone once they reached your number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

jacktipps wrote: »
    I was OOM in the 400s for Dublin after stage 1. Was there shortlisting for stage 2 or did they jyst call everyone once they reached your number.

Its video shortlisting for stage 2. You should have recieved all the info if you were OOM 4XX if not contact PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jacktipps

Kenevil wrote: »
    Its video shortlisting for stage 2. You should have recieved all the info if you were OOM 4XX if not contact PAS
    Hi thanks for reply. I am called but just wondering is everyone being called or was there shortlisting involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

jacktipps wrote: »
    Hi thanks for reply. I am called but just wondering is everyone being called or was there shortlisting involved.

Stage 2 is short listing. Its a one way video interview. You've to answer the questions provided in a set amount of time. Most who have passed stage 1 will be called to stage 2 in batches. If you successfully pass this you will then be called to stage 3 which is a zoom interview and presentation with a research paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dermotcrabs

Does anyone who has already completed stage three have information on the topics that we need to research. Also, any information on the questions asked at interveiw would be good. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kittykat6

Can anyone tell me what oom number from stage 1 they are now calling for stage 2 for Dublin and Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Kittykat6 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what oom number from stage 1 they are now calling for stage 2 for Dublin and Meath?

I am mid 500's for Dublin and I have been called for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Has anyone who passed stage 3 and returned self-declaration form been appointed to new role yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bullet93

neevobeevo wrote: »
    Has anyone who passed stage 3 and returned self-declaration form been appointed to new role yet?

I've heard from a person I work with that some people are officially starting there new role as HEO on June 14th. I haven't heard of anyone myself.

PAS are sticking with the end of June date for regionals video results..... FYI...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

daenis123 wrote: »
    PAS are sticking with the end of June date for regionals video results..... FYI...

Why is that? Seems very long to wait from the closing date, doesn't it? Is this their way of saying PFO?

Advertisement