Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

eroc79 wrote: »
    Yes, this is normal. you would expect to be told where you placed in your second county once they reached that point also.
    Depending on your oom and how many they take to stage 3, you could also expect to get a placing then too.
    As you have accept the position in Dublin, you won't be offered a place.

Thanks, I just thought that, as I have accepted my place in Dublin and have been assigned, that I would be removed from the Laois competition immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

When you begin your assignment you will then be removed from all other panels. They won’t remove you until it’s an official start in your other location.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

Elpeep wrote: »
    Thanks, I just thought that, as I have accepted my place in Dublin and have been assigned, that I would be removed from the Laois competition immediately.

When you begin your assignment you will then be removed from all other panels. They won’t remove you until it’s an official start in your other location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The_Gardener

I found the same. OOM single digit good, but scored between 45 and 60 on qualifying competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RedBarchetta

Niamhf wrote: »
    What was the pass mark for each competency?

Pass mark is 40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Aoiferyan92

bullet93 wrote: »
    I'm a few spots ahead of you and I heard nothing yet either. Filled out my self declaration form a few weeks ago but heard nothing since then. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

Good luck to everyone getting results today!!
    I got my assignment there this evening so they’re at least in the 40’s now in placing batch 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bullet93

I got my assignment there this evening so they’re at least in the 40’s now in placing batch 1!

I’m ahead of the 40s and still haven’t received anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ojpwO

I'm ahead of the 40s too and haven't been assigned a department yet either?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 RosieV

I'm low 20s and yet to be assigned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aoiferyan92

I wonder if it’s because I am staying in the same department? I got a message in my public jobs at around 5pm, I’m the first batch on the Dublin stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 CJMB

I wonder if it’s because I am staying in the same department? I got a message in my public jobs at around 5pm, I’m the first batch on the Dublin stream.

I'm in 20's for Batch 1 Dublin and still to hear anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

Does the OOM change again after Stage 3 or is it just pass/fail and stick with same OOM as stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ojpwO

Okay that's the reason so if you are staying where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jobdoer001

Didn't know there was an option to stay. Is it not just what they offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blindalley

Yes I am single digits, Dublin batch 1.1 and am also still waiting. My understanding is if you placed on panel and made a request to your own hr to remain in your current dept , they get cleared quickly as they are internal.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Commiserations to all those who didn't succeed this time. It's such a long and tortuous process, with no clear reasoning of results given a lot of the time. Passed the regional video today for Waterford and Wexford - thanks so much everyone for all of your help in this process and the very best for all going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 missy_t

Very surprised to have passed, and got placed in top ten in my two regions. I thought the wording about Stage 3 was very vague-seems like we could be waiting quite a while. I'm not even sure if there'd be any vacancies in my regions- two very small counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PandaJ

Congratulations to all who got through and commiserations to those who didn't, it's a tough competition!

Just wondering did everyone get results back for both regions? I got back results from only one of the regions placing top 10, no word on the other which is Waterford. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

I got result for 2 regions ( 2 small counties) but was lucky to be in top 5 OOM for both......someone else mention the same but a lot only seem to have got one location

PandaJ wrote: »
    Congratulations to all who got through and commiserations to those who didn't, it's a tough competition!

Just wondering did everyone get results back for both regions? I got back results from only one of the regions placing top 10, no word on the other which is Waterford. ��

Hi, I got placed in both Wexford and Waterford, so not sure why that would be? Maybe email PAS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 josie8008

I am also waiting on 1 other location, have emailed Pas but have had no reply.... very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

josie8008 wrote: »
    I am also waiting on 1 other location, have emailed Pas but have had no reply.... very strange

Your other location more than likely wasn't called to stage 2 at your number I'd guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PandaJ

caarp wrote: »
    Hi, I got placed in both Wexford and Waterford, so not sure why that would be? Maybe email PAS?

Thanks, I'll send them an email. Its a bit strange.

For those who were called to stage 3, how soon after you got your video stage 2 results did you get your email notification until you did the presentation and interview please?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

For those who were called to stage 3, how soon after you got your video stage 2 results did you get your email notification until you did the presentation and interview please?

My stage 2 results were issued on 27/04 and I received my invitation to stage 3 on 27/05. Had my interview on 16/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ilovethistles

I month exactly from results of Stage 2, to interview and presentation date.

My stage 2 results were issued on 27/04 and I received my invitation to stage 3 on 27/05. Had my interview on 16/06.

Cheers HTMan. So interview invite just over a month after stage 2 results and then interview 3 weeks later. Hadn't realized there was such a gap in between the stages. Thanks so much for that :)

Cheers HTMan. So interview invite just over a month after stage 2 results and then interview 3 weeks later. Hadn't realized there was such a gap in between the stages. Thanks so much for that :)

No problem. I would advise using the first two weeks after the invite to heavily prepare for the competency based interview because the report is only given to you 7 days before your interview and it will take you most of the week to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

Hiya
    Thanks for this info - were you in the first round of interviews? I thought candidates in the top100 for Dublin were called quite quickly. I'd be very happy with the time scale you have given though :D

• Advertisement

Hiya
    Thanks for this info - were you in the first round of interviews? I thought candidates in the top100 for Dublin were called quite quickly. I'd be very happy with the time scale you have given though :D

No I was in the second hundred :)

Advertisement