Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

T900i wrote: »
    Thank you for this, do you know the qualifying break down for the stage 2 video by any chance. I am still living in hope of a wee miracle :o

So what I have for Stage 2 is that the maximum score in each of the competencies was 100 and the qualifying score in each was 40. There was no qualifying score for Interpersonal & Communication Skills.

The competencies being examined are:
    Team Leadership (Key Question)
    Management & Delivery of Results
    Judgement, Analysis & Decision-Making
    Interpersonal & Communications Skills

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

In the top 10 on batch 1.2 and have been called for clearance. This batch is moving very quickly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ck18

Has everyone from Dublin batch one been interviewed now or is there a batch 1.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

In the top 10 on batch 1.2 and have been called for clearance. This batch is moving very quickly too.

Wow, that’s really quick indeed. Congrats HTMan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CivilServant91

I think they must have called everyone from batch 1.2 as I am in the late 30's and got called for clearance today also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 warriorscode

Hi all, just wondering if there is anyone on here that has Kildare or Meath down for their locations and if so when was the last time you received any updates? Have not heard anything in ages so if anyone could put me out of my misery I’d very much appreciate it. Thanks ��

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DancingQueen1

In Batch 1.2 and got called for clearance today too. Wondering if anyone for Batch 1.1 or 1.2 has turned down Dublin and are waiting for Offaly. Trying to see is there many on a panel for Offaly ahead of me. I'm in mid 20's. Hard to make a decision not knowing your oom for your 1st choice (Offaly)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

In Batch 1.2 and got called for clearance today too. Wondering if anyone for Batch 1.1 or 1.2 has turned down Dublin and are waiting for Offaly. Trying to see is there many on a panel for Offaly ahead of me. I'm in mid 20's. Hard to make a decision not knowing your oom for your 1st choice (Offaly)

Did not hear of anyone being called for Offaly! Did you hear of any being called to next stage?

Thanks Hunter72 and MiggyB. Didn't hear about being called to stage 2 for Offaly. I'll email PAS and see what they say. Not long to make up mind. Does anyone know that if you agree to go to clearance for Dublin does that mean you are accepting the assignment and are removed from your 2nd choice. Or do you still get to wait until you see where you have been assigned before you make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

Thanks Hunter72 and MiggyB. Didn't hear about being called to stage 2 for Offaly. I'll email PAS and see what they say. Not long to make up mind. Does anyone know that if you agree to go to clearance for Dublin does that mean you are accepting the assignment and are removed from your 2nd choice. Or do you still get to wait until you see where you have been assigned before you make up your mind.
    Is your OOM in 20's for Offaly after stage 1? If so you would have been called to stage 2 if there was movement in Offaly. Both finance and dept of education
    are large depts as well as social welfare in offaly so would imagine a decent number would be called.

• Advertisement

I actually didn't get an OOM for Offaly yet. I have only got OOM for Dublin which is 25 for Dublin in Batch 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shill007

Can anyone tell me what to expect for Stage 3 please? I know it's to do with a Research paper but any idea what sort of a topic and is it done online and then followed by interview the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hunter72

I actually didn't get an OOM for Offaly yet. I have only got OOM for Dublin which is 25 for Dublin in Batch 1.2.

I went for Galway and Mayo. I got called to Stage 2. I assumed I was called for both Counties but only got a OOM for Galway. Reading other people's posts who only got 1 result, I think I was only called to Stage2 for only Galway and not for Mayo as I didn't finish high enough in the OOM there after Stage 1 exam.

One poster on this thread chose Longford and Westmeath and they only got a result for the latter. They emailed PAS and they said they only took 8 for Longford to be considered for Stage 2. So their interview for Stage 2 was only for Westmeath thus they only got a result from there.

I say the response back from PAS should help your decision. I'm not sure what the mobility rules are these days but at least that may be a route back to Offaly if you have to go with Dublin initially.

Thanks Hunter72. Looking back at public jobs messages and see I got oom 9 for Offaly after stage 1. Does anyone know have anyone been called forward for Offaly or if I'd expect to get called in the lifetime of panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

I emailed PAS this morning requesting any timelines on calling the Regional areas for Stage 3:

'Thank you for your email.

We do plan to call regional interviews over the summer however at the moment we do not have set dates yet.

If you would like to email again in a couple of weeks we should have further updates on it then. And should we reach your number before then, we will be in touch.
    '

Not much in the way of information but they are planning on holding interviews over the summer.....

Hi all. Wondering if anyone knows have any been called to stage 2 in Offaly please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I did the stage 2 recorded one 2 weeks ago for Dublin and the wait is killing me, what I'd give to know if I scraped through to stage 3.

Hope they don't leave us waiting much longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

italodisco wrote: »
    I did the stage 2 recorded one 2 weeks ago for Dublin and the wait is killing me, what I'd give to know if I scraped through to stage 3.

Hope they don't leave us waiting much longer

Yeah I'm the same - I did mine on the last day. I think from previous posts it was 3 weeks when they got their results, but I can't be sure. Hard to wait defo but they will come when they come. :(

We got our results after 19 days. Results came out on a Tuesday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm the same - I did mine on the last day. I think from previous posts it was 3 weeks when they got their results, but I can't be sure. Hard to wait defo but they will come when they come. :(

I’m with both of you on this I feel it be a skin of my teeth job if at all but I’m dying to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Aoibhinkenny

Shill007 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what to expect for Stage 3 please? I know it's to do with a Research paper but any idea what sort of a topic and is it done online and then followed by interview the same day

I would love to know too.....without giving too much away obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 minime21

I would love to know too.....without giving too much away obviously.

Me too Aoibhinkenny, any hints at all greatly welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

minime21 wrote: »
    Me too Aoibhinkenny, any hints at all greatly welcome!

Same here if anyone has any information on it

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Brera

eimaj18 wrote: »

It seems to be about 3 weeks based on the previous rounds.

I know for the recent AP competition though they took 2 weeks.
    I don’t think we’ll be waiting too much longer 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HobbitRing

Hello, question for the clearances process - if you have lived abroad for more than 6 months, I think the publicjobs.ie general FAQ states you must provide police disclosure for each of those countries? But that is often quite the lengthy process....is that taken into account in the timeframes provided? And is it actually asked for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

HobbitRing wrote: »
    Hello, question for the clearances process - if you have lived abroad for more than 6 months, I think the publicjobs.ie general FAQ states you must provide police disclosure for each of those countries? But that is often quite the lengthy process....is that taken into account in the timeframes provided? And is it actually asked for?

When I got EO they did ask for this from me. But only for the most recent one (I had lived abroad around 10 years previously as well but they did not require disclosure for this). It would be worth contacting PAS directly to check which ones they will require.

In terms of timeframes and its impact, it was required before I could move on for clearance.

However, PAS suggested I contact the country's embassy in Dublin who then gave me a direct contact in their policing authority for this process. I just checked and it only took one day after doing this for me to get the cert. Might have just gotten lucky but it need not be a prolonged process. Hope it works out for you quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CivilServant91

Successful in batch 1.2 and already getting a self declaration form to complete and only got the results a week ago so they must be moving very fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Successful in batch 1.2 and already getting a self declaration form to complete and only got the results a week ago so they must be moving very fast!

Got mine today too. My internal HR called me yesterday to check in before speaking to my line manager, then I received the self-declaration today. They are really flying with this competition.

Going by the last batch, we could be in situ in around 3 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 don456

Got mine today too. My internal HR called me yesterday to check in before speaking to my line manager, then I received the self-declaration today. They are really flying with this competition.

Going by the last batch, we could be in situ in around 3 weeks time.

Did you request to stay in the department?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Tinkerbell83

Congrats to all candidates being assigned - they really are flying through the Dublin batches.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the third round of Dublin was interviewed before the first round of Regionals, given the speed of results etc.
    Not that I would mind to be fair!

Advertisement