Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PAYE Settlement Agreement

• 16-12-2020 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there anyone here that is familiar with PAYE settlement agreement and is it still valid since payroll modernisation has been established?
    Employees are getting paid a voucher of 50 extra on top of their 500 voucher so there is a tax element on the 2nd voucher which the employer want to pay the cost off.
    I have rang the revenue and put enquiry on myenquires and i haven't heard anything back yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭capefear

If you pay them more than 500 is the lot not taxable, see below from revenue site

Small Benefit Exemption
    You can give employees a small benefit of up to €500 in value, tax free, each year. This benefit must not be in cash.

If more than one benefit is given in a year, only the first one qualifies for tax free status. Unused allowance amounts cannot be carried over.

Tax-free vouchers or benefits can be used only to purchase goods or services. They cannot be redeemed for cash.

Note

If a benefit exceeds €500 in value, the full value of that benefit is subject to tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

sunshine99 wrote: »
    Is there anyone here that is familiar with PAYE settlement agreement and is it still valid since payroll modernisation has been established?
    Employees are getting paid a voucher of 50 extra on top of their 500 voucher so there is a tax element on the 2nd voucher which the employer want to pay the cost off.
    I have rang the revenue and put enquiry on myenquires and i haven't heard anything back yet.

This is one of those 1980s tax issues where more is less.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

can an employee receive a gift of 250 from one employer and 250 from another employer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

can an employee receive a gift of 250 from one employer and 250 from another employer?

They can receive up to €500 (voucher, non cash) from each employer.

In the OP’s example, you don’t want to exceed the €500 limit, so the €50 should be treated separately and put through on payroll, grossed up by the employer to whatever will cover the tax to be paid - if it’s possible to isolate it in the particular circumstances.

Advertisement