Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda anpr system

Options
  • 16-12-2020 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was recently caught drunk driving, it was my 1st offence and received a 6 month ban, my insurance company allowed me to continue with my policy with my wife as the main driver with me as a non driver. My question is will my reg be flagged on the anpr system and will my wife be always stopped because of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looking at posts on Garda Traffic Twitter page your licence appears to be linked to the ownership of the car so I'd say yes if you are the registered owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Looking at posts on Garda Traffic Twitter page your licence appears to be linked to the ownership of the car so I'd say yes if you are the registered owner.

But this appears to be an ‘after the event’ process i.e. they first detect someone speeding or do a random stop and only when they do a bit of digging do they discover that the driver was disqualified, see recent example below.

I don’t perceive that if a patrol car is behind you that the onboard gadgetry will flash up that the car in front is owned by a disqualified driver. Of course the observer can do a scan but I don’t think the OP’s wife is going to be constantly flashed from behind and pulled over by patrol cars. Another reason is that lots of households have multiple drivers for one car.

https://twitter.com/gardatraffic/status/1339852588758515712?s=21

Advertisement