Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Online Website only accepts US CC or Paypla with US Address

Options
  • 16-12-2020 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey All,

Want to purchase from evga.com.
    I have the address setup with An Post's Address Pal.

The issue I am encountering is that it won't accept Revoult.
    If I try to pay via Paypal - it states the following -

NOTICE: When checking out using PayPal, your verified PayPal shipping address will be used instead of your EVGA shipping address. Please confirm that this address on your PayPal account is up to date before completing checkout.

It declines REVOLUT as no associated US Address.

Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had the same issue and found a way to resolve it ??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just add your AddressPal address to Paypal, and set it as the default shipping address for this transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭VG31

Spocker wrote: »
    Just add your AddressPal address to Paypal, and set it as the default shipping address for this transaction?

That won't work. I had a similar problem before. The card has to a US encoded card with a US billing address. There's no way around it.

I think there's a site where you can buy a prepaid card with a US billing address but it's quite expensive IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

VG31 wrote: »
    That won't work. I had a similar problem before. The card has to a US encoded card with a US billing address. There's no way around it.

I think there's a site where you can buy a prepaid card with a US billing address but it's quite expensive IIRC.

Hi, yes that is the issue - it will only accept US encoded card with a US billing address.
    As far as I can see, there is literally no work around and thus why I posted this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Zorton wrote: »
    As far as I can see, there is literally no work around and thus why I posted this thread...

... looking for a workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Zorton

Spocker wrote: »

You can't do that anymore. Paypal will only default now to Irish Addresses.
    If you try and setup a NEW US Paypal account using a VPN, you can't as it now requires authentication from a US Mobile number.
    Even when you start the process of signing up - it looks for your US Mobile number to Verify the account by sending you a code.

• Advertisement
Advertisement