Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26" trail bike

Options
  • 16-12-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Edit 24"

So the young lad has gotten a taste for riding trails with a local trail nearby. Based near Tuam.
    He has a 24" regular MB that I've put a few be tyres on but would like to get him something better
    Where would a man start?
    Something new but not mega $$ or where to buy something decent 2nd hand but I didn't see anything on Donedeal

All advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Blowheads wrote: »
    So the young lad has gotten a taste for riding trails with a local trail nearby. Based near Tuam.
    He has a 26" regular MB that I've put a few be tyres on but would like to get him something better
    Where would a man start?
    Something new but not mega $$ or where to buy something decent 2nd hand but I didn't see anything on Donedeal

All advice appreciated

usedbikes.ie has a selection of used bikes with some assurance that they're not stolen

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Stark wrote: »
    usedbikes.ie has a selection of used bikes with some assurance that they're not stolen

Had a gander, nothing there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Unfortunately once they hit the 24" size bikes seem to jump to adult prices. I picked up an early rider seeker for my lad for Christmas. It's a nicely specced bike apart from the brakes. Commencal do a nice 24" bike also https://www.commencal-store.co.uk/Mobile/24-128-150-cm-c102x3872279

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

sorry if this is off topic - but where are there trails near tuam ?

RobAMerc wrote: »
    sorry if this is off topic - but where are there trails near tuam ?

Beside brooklodge church (ballyglunin). Take the m6 from tuam towards Limerick, get off on the n63 junction, 2 mins away. Supposed to be one of the most technical in the country

• Advertisement

thanks - is it easy to find once I am at the church ?

thanks - is it easy to find once I am at the church ?

Just go past the church on the your left, past a white house and there is a wide entrance with a narrow road heading in to the forest, in there you go. Not sure on the trail itself as in there is a way around it but I'm usual too preoccupied trying not to kill myself

Blowheads wrote: »
    Just go past the church on the your left, past a white house and there is a wide entrance with a narrow road heading in to the forest, in there you go. Not sure on the trail itself as in there is a way around it but I'm usual too preoccupied trying not to kill myself

thanks so much - is this it ?

Yep. You can drive in and turn in there.

Did you go over?

• Advertisement
Advertisement